Some may recognize Odessa as a West Texas city built on the grit of oil workers, whose work ethic has contributed to Odessa’s population and infrastructure over the years. Odessa is known for breeding strong people, such as legendary Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, yet Odessans can become seriously injured just like any other American.
If you or a loved one was injured in Ector County, then an Odessa personal injury lawyer can review your case. Loncar Lyon Jenkins’ “Strong Arm” will do everything your case requires.
What Constitutes an Injury Claim?
According to the American Bar Association (ABA), a personal injury case:
- Happens as the result of somebody’s actions or omissions
- Is the result of negligence, which may or may not refer to an intentional act
A personal injury claim may also:
- Cause financial hardship
- Interfere with your ability to work and support your family
- Harm your quality of life
Every personal injury lawsuit comes with its own circumstances. A lawyer may consider several things when evaluating your case, including:
- How much your injury has interfered with your life
- The cause of your condition
- The losses your injuries caused
- The specific type of accident that caused your injuries
These Scenarios Can Result in Injury Cases
Loncar Lyon Jenkins manages these practice areas:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip, trip, or fall accidents
- Premises liability incidents
- Oilfield accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dog bites and other animal-related attacks
- Mass torts
We manage many practice areas – some of which are not listed here. We offer free case reviews to those interested in exploring their options.
All Practice Areas we serve in Odessa
- Oilfield Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- DWI Accidents
- Dog Bite
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Construction Accidents
- Catastrophic Injury
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Car Accidents
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Odessa, call 877-239-4878
We Will Do Everything Your Case Requires
Whether you’re pursuing compensation for yourself or a loved one, our team can:
- Record your account of the accident and how it affected your life
- Interview witnesses who can attest to various facts of your case
- Collect evidence to support your case such as the accident report and your medical records
- Determine what caused your accident
- File your case’s necessary paperwork
- Negotiate a settlement
- Manage all communications with the involved parties
- Represent you at trial
- Calculate your injury-related losses
- Advocate for your legal rights
Your lawyer will do everything possible to resolve your injury case. As such, we may render other services aside from those listed here.
Odessa Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Compensation in Your Case Could Account for the Following Losses
After evaluating your accident, you may recover damages for the following:
- The pain and suffering you experienced because of your injuries
- Income that you have not collected because of your condition
- Any permanent or long-term disability caused by the defendant’s negligence
- Direct expenses from your accident or injuries, including healthcare costs
- Any other losses that your lawyer can link back to the defendant’s negligence
You may be entitled to further awards, whether you are bringing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Contact our Odessa Personal Injury Attorneys today
Odessa Personal Injury Lawyer Legal Information
Residents of Odessa have specific rights and can demand fair compensation. You can work with a personal injury lawyer in Odessa who handles these types of cases.
Reasons to consider partnering with our lawyers include:
Insurance Companies Hesitate to Pay Fair Settlements
Insurance companies typically retain high-powered lawyers as a means of saving money by paying out claims that are as small as possible. That’s their job, and they will use every tactic available to minimize their client’s responsibility and exposure when facing an injury lawsuit.
Statements a victim makes at an injury scene may work against them when it comes time to settle. We recommend having your lawyer handle all correspondence with the insurance provider – including when it comes to giving a recorded statement.
We Offer Free Case Reviews and Work on Contingency
Our Odessa personal injury lawyers offer free initial consultations, and most work on a contingency basis—meaning that if they don’t win your case, there are no fees. Most, however, will not take on a case unless they see that it has merit and a strong likelihood of success.
No one plans or expects to be in an accident, but accidents occur in Odessa every day, and often, someone besides the victim is at fault. It’s not a bad idea, just in case, to find a reliable personal injury lawyer and put their number into your cell phone. Then, if the occasion ever arises, you’ll be prepared to give your attorney a head start when building your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Commonly Asked Questions About Personal Injury Cases in Odessa
We understand that after getting hurt, you likely have a lot of questions about the claims process. Here are some questions we frequently get from injured claimants in Ector County:
What Is My Injury Case Worth?
The value of your losses depends on many facts of your situation, including:
- Your age, working ability, and mobility
- Testimony from your doctor
- Your estimated recovery period
- Your necessary medical treatments
- Your mental health
There is no set value for injury claims in Odessa. Each claim is different and therefore comes with its own circumstances. However, with our team on your side, you can rest assured we will do everything possible to recover what you need.
What Civil Laws Apply to My Case?
There are many laws that apply to your case. However, you don’t have to worry about them; that’s your lawyer’s job. Yet, we want you to keep the statute of limitations in mind.
Per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you generally have two years to file your lawsuit. It’s critical to take legal action within this period because:
- If you don’t file your case on time, you lose the right to seek compensation.
- Texas civil courts refuse to hear cases not filed on time.
- Certain evidence, like eyewitness testimony, may become unavailable over time.
Your injury lawyer in Odessa will file your case within the appropriate time period and advise you on other relevant state laws.
Do I Have to File a Lawsuit?
Whether you have to file a lawsuit depends on your situation. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we represent thousands of people each year. We resolve many of those claims through insurance settlements.
Yet, we may consider filing a lawsuit if:
- The insurance company refuses to settle.
- The liable insurance policy doesn’t meet your needs.
- The at-fault party denies liability.
We prepare each case as though it’s going to court. When we step into the courtroom, defendants know they’re going against the “Strong Arm.”
What Should I do After Getting Hurt in Odessa, TX?
The steps you take after getting hurt set the foundation of your case. We recommend taking these measures:
Limit What You Share with the Insurance Company
The insurance company only needs to know basic information about your case. If it asks for a recorded statement or presses for more details, refer the claims adjuster to your injury team.
Stay Away from Social Media
Social media is not your friend during your recovery period. Anything you share online can damage your case, such as:
- Photos of you at family gatherings
- Videos of you doing strenuous activities
- Messages from the at-fault party or the insurer
- Updates on your recovery period
Claims adjusters can use many tactics to protect their company’s bottom line–including using your social media posts as evidence. Even if you share an old photo of yourself on social media, the claims adjuster could use this to discredit your case.
Follow Through with Your Doctor’s Treatment Recommendations
Right now, going to physical therapy, missing time from work, and limiting your activities may not appeal to you. However, each of these things plays an integral role in your recovery.
Furthermore, following through with your doctor’s orders bolsters your claim. You want to show the other party that you did everything possible to better your condition.
Call the “Strong Arm” of Loncar Lyon Jenkins
Loncar Lyon Jenkins is the Strong Arm, and we will take the lead in your Odessa personal injury case. Call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today to learn more about how our firm can pursue justice on your behalf.
Do not wait to call, as a statute of limitations may apply to your personal injury lawsuit.