Taxicabs may not be the widely-used form of transportation that they once were, but they still come in handy in certain scenarios. Whether you find yourself riding in a taxi or sharing the road as a motorist with drivers of taxicabs, you are entitled to a certain expectation of safety.
Those who drive taxicabs are considered professionals and can be expected to uphold basic safe driving practices that anyone who operates a motor vehicle must adhere to. If you or a loved one was injured because of an accident involving a taxi, then an Arlington taxicab accident lawyer will fight for any compensation that you deserve.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878 to find out how we will defend your rights and seek the best possible outcome after your accident.
Taxis Remain a Fixture on Arlington’s Roads
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) explains that taxicab driver deaths declined in 2019 by a significant amount, hitting a figure that had not been seen in the previous 15 years. This could indicate several things, one of which is that the number of taxis on the roads of Arlington may be dwindling.
As ridesharing services such as Uber and Lyft have provided an accessible alternative to the traditional taxicab, the general usage of cabs has decreased (as documented by the Dallas Morning News). And yet, if you pay attention, you will still see taxicabs on our streets. You or a loved one may even have been involved in a collision with a taxi.
There are a few scenarios in which you may have been affected by an accident involving a cab:
- You were the passenger in a cab, where the cab driver was at fault
- You were injured as the motorist or passenger in another vehicle struck by a taxicab driver
- You were injured as the passenger in a cab struck by another vehicle
- You were injured as a pedestrian or bicyclist struck by the driver of a taxicab
- You lost a loved one or saw a loved one become seriously injured, as the result of one of the above scenarios
In any case, you may have reason to file an insurance claim or lawsuit against one or more parties who have liability for your injuries or loss of a loved one.
Parties Who May Be Responsible for a Taxicab Accident
There could be many specific variables that affect who is financially responsible for your taxicab accident in Arlington. Considerations may include whether the driver of the cab was also the owner of the cab, whether they were insured at the time of your collision, how much insurance coverage they had, etc.
Some parties who may be responsible for your losses include:
- The driver of the taxicab
- The driver of another vehicle who struck the taxi in which you were riding
- The employer of a taxi cab driver
- Any other party whose actions or failures contributed to your accident
Your lawyer will also consider whether it was a motorist’s actions, or other factors such as a defective vehicle part or dangerous road conditions, that caused your accident. Such considerations may affect the way that liability is assessed.
Speaking with the team for an Arlington taxicab accident lawyer may help you decide what the next steps are for you after an accident. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878 for more details about how we may assist you.
For a free legal consultation with a Taxicab Accidents lawyer serving Arlington, call 877-239-4878
Reasons to Hire a Lawyer
There could be several benefits to hiring a lawyer. The value that you find in a lawyer and their team may depend on the unique challenges that you face. Some possible perks of hiring a legal representative to help with your case include that:
- You will not shoulder the stress of completing a lawsuit or insurance claim
- You will be able to focus on your recovery
- You will be able to give proper attention to the grieving process
- You will not have to acquire the legal skills necessary to complete a lawsuit, nor any skill necessary to fight for fair insurance compensation
- You do not have to risk suffering further harm because of the effort required to complete an insurance claim or lawsuit
A lawyer will use their own legal expertise, as well as prior experience and knowledge of relevant statutes and practices, as they aim to secure any compensation that you are entitled to.
How a Lawyer May Assist You
Everything that a lawyer does on your behalf will be in with the purpose of securing justice for you or a loved one. In addition to fighting for any compensation that you deserve, your lawyer will defend your rights and complete all steps necessary to resolve an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Completing the legal or insurance process may call for your lawyer to:
- Survey the scene of your accident
- Observe any evidence related to your accident
- Help you file any paperwork necessary to seek a lawsuit or insurance claim at a later date
- Help you find the medical care that you need
- Recreate your accident, which may come with help from experts
- Calculate the cost of your current losses
- Project the cost of your future losses
- Document your injuries and other accident-related losses
- Negotiate a settlement
A lawyer will aim to secure compensation for you through a settlement, whether it is the result of an insurance claim or lawsuit. However, a trial may be necessary if you face obstacles to a fair settlement. Your lawyer will be prepared to complete a trial.
If your lawyer completes their goal, then you may secure compensation for medical costs, pain and suffering, lost income, costs related to the loss of a loved one, and any other harm that has come to your family because of a taxicab accident.
Arlington Taxicab Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins to Get Started
Placing a call to Loncar Lyon Jenkins means that you are calling in the Strong Arm to help you seek compensation from a taxicab accident. Do not wait to call us, as you may have time-related limitations on your ability to initiate a lawsuit or insurance claim.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878 for more details about hiring an Arlington taxicab accident lawyer.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form