If you were injured in a rideshare car accident, recovering compensation can be complex. The Arlington Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyers from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help. Contact us at (877) 239-4878 to speak to a member of our team and to learn more about the legal options that may be available to you.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE A RIDESHARE DRIVER
There are no special requirements that Uber and Lyft employers actually be good drivers or have any special training that would make them particularly suited to this line of work. Additionally, since rideshare drivers are paid by the ride, they may be incentivized to complete as many rides as possible in a short time. This may encourage them to take shortcuts with safety, which can lead to accidents.
For a free legal consultation with a Uber And Lyft Rideshare Accidents lawyer serving Arlington, call 877-239-4878
MINIMUM INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR RIDESHARE DRIVERS UNDER TEXAS LAW
The insurance that may apply during an accident depends on when the accident occurred. Texas law requires the following insurance based on the timing of the accident:
WHILE THERE IS A PASSENGER
Texas Insurance Code §1954.054 requires the following minimum liability insurance be in place during a rideshare transaction, including when the passenger makes a ride request or a passenger is in the vehicle:
- $1 million for bodily injury, death, and property damage per incident
- Uninsured, underinsured, and personal injury protection coverage as otherwise required
The rideshare company must also provide uninsured, underinsured, and personal injury protection coverage if the state requires it.
WHILE THE APP IS ON
Texas Insurance Code §1954.052 requires the following minimum liability insurance be in place while the app is on, and the driver is waiting for a ride request:
- $50,000 for bodily injury or death for each person
- $100,000 for bodily injury or death per accident
- $25,000 property damage
The state might also require uninsured, underinsured, and personal injury protection coverage.
WHILE THE APP IS OFF
If the app is off, the driver must still comply with the state’s minimum liability insurance requirements of:
- $30,000 for bodily injury per person
- $60,000 for bodily injury per accident
- $25,000 for property damage
Arlington Uber And Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
POSSIBLE DAMAGES INVOLVED IN RIDESHARE ACCIDENTS
If you were injured in an accident involving a rideshare driver, you may be eligible to receive compensation for the damages you sustained in the accident. Common damages that rideshare accident victims may sustain include:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Our team will investigate your accident and determine a fair settlement for your rideshare accident.
Contact our Arlington Uber And Lyft Rideshare Accident Attorneys today
RIDESHARE ACCIDENTS AND WRONGFUL DEATH CLAIMS
In 2017, Uber reported that 49 people died in Uber-related accidents. That number increased to 58 in 2018. Civil Practice and Remedies Code §71.004 allows the surviving spouse, children, and parents of a person who died because of the negligence of another person to bring a claim to recover damages to compensate them for the losses caused by the untimely death.
The surviving family members may be able to recover the following types of damages due to the death of their loved one:
- Lost earning capacity
- Lost care, maintenance, services, support, and advice the deceased person would have provided to the surviving family members
- Lost love, companionship, comfort, and society
- Lost inheritance
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
If you lost a loved one in an accident involving a rideshare vehicle, our team wants to help you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
ESTABLISHING LIABILITY IN A RIDESHARE ACCIDENT CLAIM
When a motor vehicle accident occurs in Texas, the involved insurance companies will attempt to determine which driver was at fault. This usually comes down to showing that a driver was negligent and caused the accident by:
- Being distracted
- Drinking and driving
- Following too closely
- Violating traffic laws
Objective evidence may help establish who caused your rideshare accident, such as:
- The accident report
- Photos of the accident scene
- Traffic camera footage
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Physical damage from both vehicles
This evidence may help you establish that the rideshare driver was acting carelessly at the time of the accident.
HOW OUR TEAM CAN ASSIST WITH YOUR RIDESHARE CLAIM
Because rideshare accidents may involve multiple parties and different rules, they can often be confusing. Our team can help you with your claim by:
- Preserving evidence: Our lawyers can help extract the important information about your accident from the accident report and the rideshare app.
- Investigating your claim: We can review any pictures or video you or other parties took at the scene of the accident and help identify all potentially liable parties.
- Communicating with the rideshare company and insurance companies: We can also handle communications with the insurance company and report the accident to the rideshare company. This can be especially helpful as it is easy to make a seemingly innocent statement that can jeopardize your right to compensation.
- Negotiating your financial recovery: We will help gather information about the damages you have sustained and negotiate for a fair resolution of your claim.
- Preparing your case for trial: We will prepare your case for trial in the event that the insurance company refuses to offer you a fair settlement.
You have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit. If you were injured in a rideshare vehicle, contact an Arlington Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer to discuss your claim before it is too late.
WE HELP ALL PARTIES INJURED IN RIDESHARE ACCIDENTS
Our team can help you, regardless of whether you were:
- A rideshare passenger
- A rideshare driver
- A driver or passenger in another involved vehicle
- A cyclist or pedestrian hit by an Uber or Lyft driver
CONTACT OUR TEAM TODAY TO GET STARTED ON THE PATH TO RECOVERY
If you were injured during a rideshare ride, an Arlington Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help. We provide responsive legal assistance and a free case review to help you learn about your legal rights and options. We do not charge any attorney fees unless and until we recover compensation for your claim. Call us today at (877) 239-4878 to get started.