Hernia or surgical mesh is commonly used in hernia repair surgeries, but recently, there have been numerous complications with hernia mesh products. As a result, several products have been recalled, and many people have suffered injuries and health issues. Today, countless people are seeking compensation.
You or a loved one may be one of these people seeking compensation. If so, Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you in your pursuit. We will tell you more about what an Austin hernia mesh lawsuit lawyer will do for you during a free consultation.
Can I Sue for Hernia Mesh Failure?
If you believe your injuries and health issues are related to hernia mesh use, you may be able to sue. A lawsuit would be appropriate, especially if you require revision surgery due to your injuries. In your hernia mesh surgery lawsuit, you will be able to hold the manufacturer of the particular product accountable and seek compensation from them.
Hernia or surgical mesh was designed to reinforce the site of a hernia repair to help prevent future hernias. The mesh can be made from synthetic or organic materials, and some of these materials can be absorbed by the human body, while others cannot.
When this mesh does not work as intended, serious complications can occur, which can be grounds for a medical product liability suit. In addition, if someone loses a loved one due to hernia mesh complications, this would be grounds for a wrongful death suit. Our firm’s lawyers can handle either type of suit for you.
For a free legal consultation with a Hernia Mesh lawyer serving Austin, call 877-239-4878
Common Hernia Mesh Complications
Hernia mesh issues and complications can be quite serious, leaving a patient with painful or even permanent injuries. Some hernia mesh complications can even be fatal.
Some of the common complications resulting from hernia mesh failure are:
- Pain: This is likely due to an injury. If you are experiencing pain, you may have worsening pain or pain lasting beyond your recovery period.
- Hernia mesh rejection happens when a person’s body responds to the hernia mesh with an immune response. You might have experienced pain, flu-like symptoms, nausea, or similar symptoms if this happened to you.
- Hernia mesh migration: When this occurs, the mesh dissolves in the body, and then pieces may migrate within the body. If this happened in your case, you might have suffered organ problems or other problems in your body.
- Hernia mesh shrinkage: This is when the mesh contracts within the body. This can cause internal injuries.
- Infection: Hernia mesh can increase the risk of infection during surgery.
- Adhesion: Tissues and organs may become adhered to a hernia mesh implant.
- Recurrence: When hernia mesh fails, a hernia can recur.
Some additional complications can be intestinal obstruction and tissue or organ perforation.
Austin Hernia Mesh Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Damages in Hernia Mesh Cases
You deserve some compensation for your injuries and suffering. Texas law entitles you to monetary compensation if your injuries and suffering are due to a company’s negligence, such as the hernia mesh product manufacturer. This company’s insurer would likely be the entity compensating you, and you may be able to claim and recover damages like:
- Any medical expenses you incur due to the incident, such as an expense for revision surgery.
- Any income you could not collect due to your injuries
- Any loss in your ability to earn income in the future
- Any disability-related costs you may have
- Pain and suffering
- Related damages
The company was responsible for keeping you, their consumer, and a medical patient safe. Therefore, the company may be liable for your damages by neglecting this responsibility. Therefore, you should pursue these damages by participating in a hernia mesh lawsuit against the company, and our firm can help you join in this suit.
Wrongful Death Damages
You may have lost a family member in an incident related to a hernia mesh product. We are very sorry this happened to your family if this is the case. After such a tragedy, it is appropriate to bring a wrongful death suit against the responsible party, and in your lawsuit, you could claim:
- Any medical expenses your family incurred
- Funeral and burial or cremation costs
- Loss of companionship and consortium
- Loss of family support and mentorship
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Contact our Austin Hernia Mesh Attorneys today
Meeting the Legal Deadline for Filing Your Case in Texas
In any case, involving a lawsuit, a filing deadline must be met. It is important to meet this deadline because if you do not, your lawsuit may be dismissed, and, as a result, you will not be able to recover damages. One of our firm’s attorneys can help you meet the deadline in your case.
In a product liability lawsuit, the filing deadline is two years from the date of an incident or two years from discovering an incident-related injury, per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. According to this same code, in a wrongful death lawsuit, the filing deadline is two years from the date of the loss of life.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Our Hernia Mesh Lawsuit Attorneys Will Support You
Our lawyers regularly manage hernia mesh lawsuits, wrongful death suits, and mass tort actions at our firm, so our team knows precisely how to handle your case. In addition, they take on large entities, like medical product manufacturers, all the time, so we will not hesitate to take on the company in your case and take them to court.
We work hard for many thousands of clients like you in Texas alone each year. We will work just as hard for you. Your attorney will do everything to hold the responsible party accountable and recover due compensation for you.
Get Help from Our Lawyers for Hernia Mesh Lawsuits Serving Austin Today
If you believe you or a loved one should file a lawsuit against a hernia mesh manufacturer, contact our firm. One of our Austin hernia mesh lawsuit lawyers can file your suit for you, take the manufacturer and their representatives to court, and fight for all of your due damages.
Your consultation with us will be completely free with no obligation, and we can even travel to any city or town in Texas to meet you, so there is no reason to hesitate. Complete our contact form to receive a free case review and learn more about your eligibility for a claim.