Rear-end accidents are one of the most common types of car collisions. Many of these accidents cause minor injuries and insignificant damage to the vehicles, but some have tragic results.
For example, 12 News reports that a Beaumont man was arrested on December 23, 2021, after a rear-end collision between a dump truck and a pickup truck that left one dead and one injured.
If you were hurt or your family member was killed in a rear-end accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation known as damages. Damages compensate you for losses such as medical bills, loss of income, and more. While you can pursue damages yourself, you may find it easier to work with a Beaumont rear-end collisions lawyer with Loncar Lyon Jenkins.
Determining Liability in Rear-End Car Accidents
Determining liability in a rear-end collision is usually straightforward. Drivers are supposed to leave enough space between their vehicle and the vehicle in front of them, so they should be able to stop without rear-ending that vehicle under most circumstances.
However, in most situations, drivers who follow too closely and rear-end the vehicle in front of them are liable for the accident. There are some exceptions to this rule.
Here are examples of situations in which the driver who rear-ends another vehicle may not be at fault:
- One vehicle was pushed forward after being struck by a third vehicle
- The vehicle in front accelerated in reverse
- The vehicle in front stopped because of a problem like a flat tire but did not put on its hazard lights
- The vehicle in front had one or more taillights that did not work
- The brakes or other components of the rear vehicle malfunctioned
For a free legal consultation with a Rear-End Collisions lawyer serving Beaumont, call 877-239-4878
Damages That May Be Available After a Rear-End Collision
There may be damages available to compensate you for your rear-end collision injuries, the damage to your vehicle, and more. More damages are available after accidents that cause more severe injuries or property damage.
Our lawyers will evaluate your case and gather evidence to estimate how much your damages are worth. The damages that may be available to you are:
Economic damages compensate you for tangible losses such as:
- Medical bills for emergency treatment, X-rays and other imaging services, surgeries, doctor’s appointments, medication, and more
- Medical equipment such as crutches, wheelchairs, scooters, braces, and more
- Property damage for the replacement or repair of your vehicle
- Loss of income for unpaid time off work while your recover or if you cannot return to work
Non-economic damages compensate you for intangible losses such as:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental pain and anguish
- Reduced quality of life
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a family member in a rear-end collision, you might be able to recover:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical bills for treatment your loved one received before passing away
- Loss of income
- Loss of companionship
Beaumont Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
How a Rear-End Accident Lawyer Can Help Your Case
A lawyer can help your rear-end collision case in many ways. For example, if you lack experience with legal and insurance matters, you may find it confusing and stressful to seek damages from the driver who hit you.
Our attorneys can walk you through the process, taking over the administrative details so that you can focus on getting better. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we will fight for you to get the best possible outcome for your case. We will:
- Investigate your rear-end collision: We will use evidence such as pictures of the accident, police reports, cell phone records, toxicology reports, and more to determine which party caused the accident.
- Estimate your damages: We will use your medical bills and records, past wage statements, expert medical testimony, and vehicle repair or replacement receipts to estimate your damages for personal injury and property damage. In addition, we will use medical bills, funeral and burial receipts, past wage statements, and more to estimate your damages for wrongful death.
- File an insurance claim: We will file an insurance claim for you with the other party’s insurance provider. We will submit supporting documents such as receipts for medical care, vehicle repairs or replacement, and more.
- Negotiate a settlement: We will negotiate an insurance settlement that provides you with fair compensation.
- File a lawsuit: We will do whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your losses. If settlement negotiations fail, we will sue the responsible party and seek damages in court.
Contact our Beaumont Rear-End Collisions Attorneys today
How Much does It Cost to Hire a Rear-End Collisions Attorney?
You might not think you have the resources to pay for one, but you can afford a rear-end car accident attorney. This is because our law firm works on contingency. Our lawyers take their fees directly from our client’s settlement or verdict award. In other words, we only get paid if you get paid. So you never have to pay any fees upfront or out of pocket.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
There Are Legal Deadlines in Texas
If you were injured or lost a family member in a rear-end collision in Beaumont, you have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit against the responsible party. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 sets the statute of limitations for both personal injury and wrongful death at two years. This law means that:
- You have two years from the date of the accident to sue for personal injury.
- You have two years from the date your loved one passed away to file a lawsuit for wrongful death.
Our lawyer will work with you to determine how these deadlines affect your case. We will make sure that you file your lawsuit before time runs out.
Loncar Lyon Jenkins Can Help You After a Rear-End Car Accident
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a rear-end collision, you might be entitled to damages for medical care, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Our Beaumont rear-end collisions lawyers with Loncar Lyon Jenkins may be able to help you recover damages for these losses and more, so call in the Strong Arm today.
Contact our office by phone or online for a free case consultation.