If you are injured after a collision involving a taxicab in the Beaumont, Texas area, a Beaumont taxicab accident lawyer could help you pursue compensation for your injuries. The liability insurance issues can be complicated in these cases, but our lawyers can sort out whose coverage could apply.
You can call in the Strong Arm of Loncar Lyon Jenkins to handle your injury claim. We can help injured parties or loved ones who have lost someone in Jefferson County.
How Much Compensation You Can Get for Your Taxicab Accident Injuries
Taxicab injury claims do not come with an automatic settlement amount. The amount of compensation you could pursue will depend on the unique facts of your situation. Every accident injury claim is different. We will need to talk to you and investigate your circumstances before we can assess the monetary value of your claim.
Here are some of the types of damages we have won for our clients:
- Medical expenses. Typically, one can seek to recover the reasonable cost of the medical treatment needed for wounds from the accident. This category is not limited to only the doctors and hospitals. You could also include the ambulance, emergency room, x-rays, diagnostic procedures, surgery, physical therapy, and pain management.
- Long-term care. After suffering catastrophic injuries, some people lose the ability to live independently. If you need daily assistance with medical treatments and personal care because of taxicab accident injuries, this expense could get included in the claim.
- Lost wages. People often miss paychecks after getting hurt in a taxicab accident. If you did not get your regular amount of pay, whether salary, wages, or self-employment, because of your injuries, we could add this financial loss to your injury claim.
- Intangible losses. Not every type of damage is easy to calculate in terms of dollars. We can go after compensation for intangible losses like pain and suffering, disfigurement from extensive scars, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), loss of enjoyment of life, and other non-economic items.
- Wrongful death. If your close relative passed away because of a taxicab accident, we might be able to seek additional compensation for the legal beneficiaries.
Depending on your circumstances, you might be able to go after other types of damages as well.
For a free legal consultation with a Taxicab Accidents lawyer serving Beaumont, call 877-239-4878
Who Can Sue a Taxicab After a Collision
People tend to think about taxicab passengers as the ones who could sue the cab driver or cab company after a collision, but there are additional potential plaintiffs, such as:
- A pedestrian who got struck by the cab
- A bicycle rider who got hit by the vehicle
- A driver or passenger in another car
If the cab driver caused injury to someone inside or outside the cab, the driver could get sued.
Beaumont Taxicab Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Sorting Out the Insurance Issues After a Taxicab Accident
Texas law, in Texas Transportation Code Sec. 601.072, requires that every vehicle have liability insurance coverage of at least these amounts:
- $30,000 coverage for bodily injury or death of one person per accident,
- $60,000 total for two or more persons in one accident who get injured or lose their lives, and
- $25,000 for property damage per accident
These numbers represent the minimum motor vehicle liability insurance coverage required under Texas law. Owners of vehicles can purchase higher policy limits.
Depending on the financial arrangements between the taxicab driver and the company, there might be two applicable insurance policies. The owner might have an individual policy, and the cab company might have a corporate policy. We can sort out the insurance questions relevant to your taxicab accident.
Contact our Beaumont Taxicab Accident Attorneys today
How Much a Beaumont Taxicab Accident Lawyer will Charge to Handle Your Case
We do not charge any upfront legal fees to handle personal injury cases like taxicab accidents. Most people do not have extra money sitting around to hire an attorney to represent them when they get hurt by someone else. For this reason, the law allows attorneys to charge contingency fees in these cases.
We work tirelessly to go after the compensation you deserve for your injuries. When the matter gets resolved, we get paid a percentage of the insurance settlement or court award as our fees. You do not have to be wealthy to get our help.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Much Time You Have Until the Deadline Passes
You do not have unlimited time to file a lawsuit if the defendant refuses to pay a fair settlement of your injury claim. Our state’s law, in Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, gives you a deadline of only two years to institute legal action for personal injury or wrongful death.
Merely negotiating with the taxicab’s insurance carrier does not satisfy the statute of limitations. If you do not file a lawsuit before the deadline passes, Texas law will forever bar you from seeking compensation for your losses in injuries.
Three Things to do After a Taxicab Collision
There are steps you can take after a collision to protect your health and your right to compensation for your injuries. Every situation is different, and you should always do what makes sense in your circumstances. Here are some things you may want to consider doing after getting hurt in a taxicab accident:
- Complete your medical treatment. Typically, your best chance for optimal healing will be after finishing your doctor’s treatment plan. Also, you do not want to give the defendant the opportunity to allege that you should not get as much money for your injuries because your healing might have been better with the complete treatment plan.
- Stay off of social media. For many Americans, posting photos and information about life events is as normal as breathing. You do not want to post anything on social media until your injury claim gets resolved. Seemingly innocent things could get twisted and used against you.
- Talk to a Beaumont taxicab accident lawyer as soon as possible. We can advocate on your behalf, leaving you free to focus on your health and wellbeing.
Contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today for a Free Consultation with a Team Member
We are happy to offer a free initial consultation. You can call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878 to get started. Find out why our clients speak so highly about our responsive, compassionate legal services.