While you may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits following a construction accident, the funds you receive may not be enough to cover your medical expenses, lost income, medications, and diminished way of life. This is why you may wish to hire a Beaumont construction accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins who is familiar with the complex liability issues and laws pertaining to construction accident lawsuits. In addition to your workers’ compensation benefits, our lawyers can identify the entities that may have negligently caused or contributed to your injuries and file a third-party claim against them. If you live in Northern Texas and have been injured in a construction site accident, we may be able to help you recover damages. Contact us today at 877-239-4878 to discuss your case with a member of our legal team.
Causes of Construction Accidents
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), three of the top 10 worksite safety violations occur on construction sites. Some of the leading causes of construction accidents include:
- Hiring unqualified workers: although construction work is categorized as manual labor, it requires specialized skill. If the employer hires unqualified staff, they inevitably put their lives and the lives of their colleagues in danger.
- Insufficient training: workers must receive training to keep up with the changing trends of the industry and use equipment efficiently. Training also helps workers to follow standard safety procedures promptly in the face of a disaster.
- Slip and fall accidents: lack of organization, uneven stairs, ill-placed items, and slippery floors are just a few of the dangerous conditions that can cause a worker to sustain injuries on a construction site.
- Falling objects: construction workers are no strangers to getting hit by a falling object. It may be a box of tools or even concrete. In the case of the latter, the worker can suffer severe injuries and in many cases, suffer a disability.
- Falls from elevations: OSHA cited falls from elevations as one of the most common safety violations on construction sites. A few reasons why this happens include lack of safety equipment, unsecured ladders, and defective equipment.
Other causes of construction accidents include collapsed structures, welding accidents, electrical accidents, crane accidents, lack of supervision and safety precautions, harness accidents, fires and explosions, scaffolding accidents, exposure to toxic substances, and misuse of tools.
For a free legal consultation with a Construction Accidents lawyer serving Beaumont, call 877-239-4878
Types of Construction Accident Lawsuits and Claims
Once you seek legal counsel, your lawyer will help you weigh your legal options and recommend the right claim that makes sense for your case. Below, you will find the claims available for a construction accident lawsuit.
- Workers’ compensation: these benefits only apply to legal claims between a direct employer and their employee. Even if the injured employee sustained the injuries due to their carelessness or negligence, they may still be eligible for workers’ compensation through the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). While the benefits are not always adequate, the employee receives a weekly payout based on their weekly earnings and the severity of their disability.
- Personal injury: for this lawsuit to be effective, your lawyer must establish the involvement of a third party, prove that they were negligent, and connect their negligence to your injuries. Such third-party groups may include the groups, persons, or companies that did not directly hire the worker but negligently caused their injuries.
- Product liability lawsuits: it may also be a product liability claim if a defective or dangerous piece of equipment caused your injuries. In this case, your lawyer may hold the manufacturer, retailer, wholesaler, and several others in the chain of distribution liable.
- Wrongful death. If the worker is killed on the construction site or dies from their injuries, their family can file a wrongful death lawsuit against the liable party.
It is possible to file multiple claims simultaneously if your case meets the requirement. The Beaumont construction accident lawyer you hire from Loncar Lyon Jenkins will break down the complexities of each claim and help you make the right decision. Call us now at 877-239-4878 to discuss your case in a confidential consultation.
Beaumont Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Starting Your Litigation
When you seek our services, our first orders of business will include:
- Gathering all relevant documents: since the goal of your litigation is to seek compensation for your losses, we may analyze the police report, your medical records, medical history, lost income, and other expenses relating to the accident and your injuries.
- Investigation: to see if you have litigation worth pursuing, we will investigate the accident to ensure that your claims are valid. We may also locate and interview witnesses and analyze relevant evidence about your case. Another important aspect of our investigation is reviewing security footage, insurance policies, job responsibilities, the liable party’s management conduct, and their potential history of negligence.
- Seeking damages: once you reach the Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI), we will file a claim against the liable parties and their insurers and seek damages for losses. We may be able to get you monetary compensation for economic and noneconomic damages, such as for lost income, past and future medical expenses, rehabilitative care, physical therapy, prescription drugs, pain and suffering, loss of quality of life, and mental anguish.
Contact our Beaumont Construction Accident Attorneys today
Loncar Lyon Jenkins: Always at Your Service
Once you begin to recover from your injuries, we encourage you to take advantage of our 24/7 availability and contact us at 877-239-4878 to discuss your case with a member of our legal team. Avoid taking too long to decide as you have a limited window of opportunity to take legal action against the liable parties per the statute of limitations. Call us now and let a Beaumont construction accident lawyer potentially help you get the compensation you deserve.