If you fall to the ground and suffer harm due to dangerous conditions on someone else’s property, you may be within your right to file a personal injury lawsuit against the liable party. In Beaumont, Texas Civil Practice & Remedies Code Section 16.003 gives potential plaintiffs two years to take any civil action against those responsible for their injuries. So, if you sustained injuries in a slip and fall accident or suffered property loss as a result of the fall, it may be in your best interests to seek the services of a Beaumont slip and fall accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins. Call us now at 877-239-4878 to discuss your case with a member of your team.
What to Do if You Are Injured on Someone Else’s Property
Many slip and fall victims unknowingly take steps that further harm their health or jeopardize their case following a slip and fall accident. If you were injured on someone else’s property, here are a few actionable steps you can take:
- Seek medical care immediately: although the type of injuries you sustain depends on the nature of the fall and dangerous conditions of the property, you must not rule out seeking immediate medical care. While you may feel okay after the accident, it is important to remember that some injuries are internal and do not manifest until later. Also, having medical records often plays a significant role in personal injury cases.
- Report the accident: if the accident was vicious and involved an attack, call the police immediately and file a police report. Make sure to not leave the premises until they arrive and take your report. If the accident occurred at a business establishment, you should locate the property owner, property manager, store manager, or security officer and file an incident report. Remember to ask for a copy of the report.
- Collect digital evidence: you may make your lawyer’s job a lot easier if you take photographs or videos of the scene of the accident. Capture the objects that caused your fall and dangerous conditions of the premises. If you do not have a phone on your person, ask a bystander for help. Remember to also take photographs of yourself and injuries, and when you get home, preserve all clothes and accessories.
- Refrain from signing anything: the liable party’s insurer may contact you to seek information about your injuries, offer money, or ask you to sign a release following the accident. It is important to decline all offers if you do not have legal representation or have not discussed the issue with your lawyer. Also, refrain from answering any questions relating to your health. The insurance company may use your words to get out of making payments.
- Hire a personal injury lawyer: contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins and hire a Beaumont slip and fall accident lawyer. If you could not take any of the aforementioned steps, do not worry. Our lawyers will investigate the accident and do our best to collect all the necessary evidence. Take advantage of our 24/7 availability and give us a call at 877-239-4878 to discuss your case with a member of our legal team.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents are typically caused by:
- Poorly constructed staircases
- Cluttered floors
- Poorly placed items
- Torn or loose floorboards, rugs, mats, or carpeting
- Defective or damaged sidewalks
- Recently mopped or waxed floors
- Cleaning without putting up a wet floor warning sign
- Lack of proper lighting in hallways in rooms
- Failure to give employees the right footwear
- Leaving trash and debris on the floor
- Hiring unqualified cleaning and maintenance staff
- Lack of warning signs in areas where slip and fall accidents may occur
- Spilled liquids and oils that are not cleaned up immediately
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Beaumont, call 877-239-4878
How Loncar Lyon Jenkins May Be Able to Help You
When you hire us, our first actionable step will be investigating the accident to verify your claims. We may also analyze your medical and expense records and wait for you to reach the Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI) to determine the compensation you deserve. Other steps may include:
- Determining liability
- Alerting the potentially liable party and their insurers through a detailed claim of our intention to seek damages
- Ensuring that you are compensated fairly during settlement
- Taking the case to trial if the defense fails to agree on an equitable amount
Compensation for Slip and Fall Accidents
In a personal injury lawsuit, you can pursue damages for property damage and compensation for the expenses associated with your injuries. Typically, the damages that are available for slip and fall accidents may include:
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Past and future medical expenses
- Prescribed medication
- Inability to perform routine activities such as child care and household duties
- Rehabilitative care or physical therapy
- Nursing home care
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Punitive damages
Beaumont Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Hire Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
As a personal injury law firm, we are well aware of the stress associated with pursuing litigation while dealing with injuries and medical treatments. This is why we would love to ease your burden by offering our services if you are a victim of a slip and fall accident. If you live in Texas, we have a Beaumont slip and fall accident lawyer on standby who is ready to analyze your case once you hire our law firm. When we come on board, we will:
- Work with you to ensure that you exercise your rights to the extent allowable by the law
- Ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries
- Make sure that the responsibility for your injuries is placed fully on the liable parties
- Advise you on your options and recommend effective solutions.
Call us now at 877-239-4878 to start your litigation process.