A Brownsville car accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can manage your entire personal injury case on your behalf, whether you end up negotiating for a pretrial settlement or fighting for a jury award in court.
With us on the job, our clients do not have to worry about navigating the legal system or dealing with insurance companies. Instead, they get to focus on putting their lives back together while we do all the hard work to recover their financial damages. To learn more about how our personal injury attorneys can help, you can call us today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
What Do Car Accident Lawyers Do?
Car accident lawyers are responsible for most, if not all, legal tasks of their clients’ cases, including:
- Investigating the accident
- Gathering case evidence (e.g., a police report, medical records, witness statements, photos, video footage, etc.)
- Communicating with the other parties in the case
- Fighting for car accident compensation
- Answering client questions
Investigate the Accident
Before our law firm can build a strong defense, a personal injury lawyer from our office must understand every detail of your case. We can investigate by:
- Collecting statements from witnesses and other involved parties
- Collecting documents from your doctor, insurer, the police, and so on
- Visiting the accident scene in Brownsville
- Paying close attention as you tell us what you remember about the crash
Communicate With Other Parties in Your Case
Speaking with anyone else involved in your case is potentially risky. Insurance companies and the party you are suing all have strong reasons for trying to twist your words to their benefit. If they are successful, you may not receive as much compensation as you deserve.
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we know how to speak with everyone involved in a lawsuit without jeopardizing our clients’ cases. We would be happy to relay messages between you and the other parties to better protect your interests.
Fight for Compensation
After investigating and reviewing your legal options, our attorney will determine all possible courses of action and discuss them with you. We can work with you to figure out which course is best for you.
One possible way to receive compensation is through a pretrial settlement. We can seek one for you by:
- Scheduling a meeting with the relevant insurance companies
- Presenting evidence that proves you deserve fair compensation
- Arguing against the insurance company’s attempts to reduce your payout, blame you for the accident, and so on
- Drawing up the settlement agreement paperwork and explaining it to you so that you know what you are signing
We can also represent you at a courtroom trial if the insurance company is unwilling to offer a satisfactory pretrial settlement.
Answer Your Questions
The legal process can be very stressful for a layperson, especially if:
- You are in a lot of pain from your injury.
- The treatments you receive affect your mental and emotional health.
- You have never dealt with the law before.
- Your case has complicated factors, such as multiple liable parties.
Part of our job is to be there for you and provide advice throughout the entire process. We can give you your attorney’s number, “translate” legal jargon into familiar terms, and provide frequent updates as your case progresses.
For a free legal consultation with a Car Accidents lawyer serving Brownsville, call 877-239-4878
You Could Collect Damages After Your Brownsville Car Accident
Brownsville car accidents can be caused by any number of factors, from aggressive driving to faulty car parts. A Brownsville car accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can identify all liable parties and determine how much they should pay you in damages like the following.
Physical and Emotional Pain
The changes to your health following a car accident are often the most difficult to deal with, even if they are temporary. You could seek compensation for your injuries via a personal injury lawsuit, such as:
- Temporary disabilities caused by treatable injuries, like bone fractures, soft tissue injuries, etc.
- Permanent disabilities that will continue to impact your life long-term, such as spinal cord injuries or traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- An inability to ever resume your old lifestyle or fully regain your health
- The physical, mental, and emotional toll associated with dealing with your injuries, including mental anguish and emotional distress
Any money you spent because of the car accident could make you eligible for reimbursement for a claim of damages. This includes costs related to:
- Medical treatment, including medication, therapy, surgery, or follow-up care
- Fixing your car and/or renting a car while you cannot use your own
- Hiring a housekeeper, a babysitter, a landscaper, or someone else to perform chores you typically handle on your own
Some injuries are so serious that they prevent you from going to work for days, weeks, or even longer. This could make it hard for you to keep a roof over your head and support dependents who rely on you. Fortunately, you can ask the liable party to compensate you for:
- Income you could not earn during your recovery
- Income you would have earned in the future if your injuries had not affected your career
- Other job benefits, like pension plans or healthcare benefits, that you lost due to the accident
- The cost of going back to school or retraining to qualify for a new career
Recoverable Wrongful Death Damages
If your loved one suffered fatal injuries in a Brownville car accident, we are sorry for your loss and will be there for you and your family. Our wrongful death attorney can manage your case for recoverable damages that could cover the following:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical expenses your loved one incurred before their passing
- Lost household income the decedent would have earned
- Loss of inheritance
- Other applicable losses
Texas allows only certain family members to recover these damages. Our attorney can explain how wrongful death actions work in Texas during a free consultation. We will ensure your case receives the personal attention it deserves and ensure we request fair compensation for each loss you suffered after losing your relative.
Brownsville Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
A Brownville Car Accident Lawyer From Our Firm Can Help You Act Quickly
You generally have two years to start a case for damages, as stated in Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. Any cases that start more than two years after the accident—or more than two years after the death of an injured party—are not legally viable.
Even if you are still within the two-year deadline, it is best to act quickly so we can start on your case for a fair settlement as soon as possible. This way, we can:
- Fight to put money into your pocket faster, ensuring you no longer need to worry about medical bills and other expenses
- Have more time to recruit experts to testify in your case
- Visit the accident scene while it is still relatively “fresh” so that we can collect evidence
- Glean insight from witnesses, who may still recall crucial details they could forget if we wait to interview them
- Be more likely to have access to ephemeral documentary evidence, such as surveillance footage or cell phone pictures
Contact our Brownsville Car Accident Attorneys today
Call Us After a Car Accident in Brownsville, TX
If you were injured in a preventable car accident in Brownsville, TX, or anywhere in Cameron County, call in the Strong Arm. Loncar Lyon Jenkins can assign a Brownsville car accident lawyer on our legal team to manage your case, whether you are suing on your behalf or on behalf of a deceased loved one.
We represent clients who live or were injured in Brownsville, Texas, along with other areas of the state. We understand that personal injury accident cases come with financial burdens that are difficult to meet, especially if you haven’t been able to work since the crash. If we work on your case, we won’t ask or expect you to pay us an attorney fee or any pocket costs up front. We will offer legal representation and seek financial compensation for you. If you recover financial losses, your payment will come from your settlement or a court-ordered award.