A Brownsville car accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can manage your entire case on your behalf, whether you end up negotiating for a pretrial settlement or fighting for a jury award in court.
With us on the job, our clients do not have to worry about navigating the legal system or dealing with insurance companies. Instead, they get to focus on putting their lives back together while we do all the hard work.
What Do Car Accident Lawyers Do?
Car accident lawyers are responsible for most, if not all, legal tasks associated with their clients’ cases, including:
- Investigating the accident
- Communicating with the other parties
- Fighting for compensation
- Answering client questions
Investigate the Accident
Before we can build a strong defense, a personal injury lawyer from our office must understand every detail of your case. We can investigate by:
- Collecting statements from witnesses and other involved parties
- Collecting documents from your doctor, insurer, the police, and so on
- Visiting the scene of the accident
- Paying close attention as you tell us what you remember about the crash
Communicate with Other Parties
Speaking with anyone else involved in your case is potentially risky. Insurance companies and the party you are suing all have strong reasons for trying to twist your words to their benefit. If they are successful, you may not receive as much compensation as you deserve.
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we know how to speak with everyone involved in a lawsuit without jeopardizing our clients’ cases. We would be happy to relay messages between you and the other parties to better protect your interests.
Fight for Compensation
After investigating and reviewing your case, your attorney will determine all possible courses of action and discuss them with you. We can work with you to figure out which course is best for you.
One possible way to receive compensation is through a pretrial settlement. We can seek one for you by:
- Scheduling a meeting with the relevant insurance companies
- Presenting evidence that proves you deserve compensation from them
- Arguing against the insurance companies’ attempts to reduce your payout, blame you for the accident, and so on
- Drawing up the settlement agreement paperwork and explaining it to you, so you know what you are signing
We can also represent you at a courtroom trial if the insurance company is unwilling to offer a satisfactory pretrial settlement.
Answer Your Questions
The legal process can be very stressful for a layperson, especially if:
- You are in a lot of pain from your injury
- The treatments you are undergoing affect your mental faculties
- You have never dealt with the law before
- Your case has complicating factors, such as multiple liable parties
Part of our job is to be there for you and provide advice throughout the entire process. We can give you your attorney’s number, “translate” legal jargon into familiar terms, and provide frequent updates as your case progresses.
For a free legal consultation with a Car Accidents lawyer serving Brownsville, call 877-239-4878
You Could Collect Damages After Your Brownsville Car Accident
Brownsville car accidents can be caused by any number of factors, from aggressive driving to faulty car parts. A Brownsville car accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can identify all liable parties and determine how much they should pay you in damages like the following.
Physical and Emotional Pain
The changes to your health following a car accident are often the most difficult to deal with, even if they are temporary. You could seek compensation for:
- Temporary disabilities caused by treatable injuries, like bone fractures
- Permanent disabilities that will continue to impact your life long-term
- An inability to ever resume your old lifestyle or fully regain your health
- The physical and mental toll associated with dealing with your injuries
Any money you spent because of the car accident could make you eligible for reimbursement. This includes costs related to:
- Medical treatment, including medication, therapy, surgery, or follow-up care
- Fixing your car and/or renting a car while you cannot use your own
- Hiring a housekeeper, a babysitter, a landscaper, or someone else to perform chores you typically handle on your own
Some injuries are so serious that they prevent you from going to work for days, weeks, or even longer. This could make it hard for you to keep a roof over your head and support any dependents who rely on you. Fortunately, you can ask the liable party to compensate you for:
- Income you could not earn during your recuperation
- Income you would have earned in the future if your injuries had not impacted your career
- Other job benefits, like pension plans or healthcare benefits, that you lost due to the accident
- The cost of going back to school or retraining to qualify for a new career
Brownsville Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
A Lawyer From Our Firm Can Help You Act Quickly
You only have two years to start a case for damages, as stated in Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. Any cases begun more than two years after the accident—or more than two years after the death of an injured party—are not legally viable.
Even if you are still within the two-year deadline, it is best to act quickly and let us start on your case as soon as possible. This way, we can:
- Fight to put money into your pocket faster, ensuring you no longer need to worry about medical bills and other expenses
- Have more time to recruit experts to testify in your case
- Visit the accident scene while it is still relatively “fresh”
- Glean more insight from witnesses, who may still recall crucial details that they would forget if we waited to interview them
- Be more likely to have access to ephemeral documentary evidence, such as surveillance footage or cell phone pictures
Contact our Brownsville Car Accident Attorneys today
After a Car Accident in Cameron County, Call Us
If you were injured in a preventable car accident, Call in the Strong Arm. Loncar Lyon Jenkins can assign a car accident lawyer to manage your case, whether you are suing on your own behalf or on behalf of a deceased loved one. We represent clients who live or were injured in Brownsville, Texas, along with other areas of the state.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form