Construction sites can be dangerous places, especially if the people who own or work on the site do not follow proper safety precautions. If you live in or were injured in Brownsville, a Brownsville construction accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins would like to help.
Our team understands how complex construction accident cases can be and wants to take that burden from your shoulders. We can file a lawsuit on your behalf or negotiate with the liable party’s insurance company to get you the compensation you need as you recover.
How Construction Accident Compensation Helps You Recover
No matter what types of personal injury you sustained or how severe they are, receiving monetary damages from the liable party can help you:
- Pay accident-related bills and debts
- Pay “everyday” bills and keep a roof over your family’s head
- By giving you extra time to consider your options and figure out how to rebuild your life
Consider the following examples and whether any of them may apply to your own situation. A construction accident attorney from our firm can determine which of your injuries are compensable and how much you can reasonably expect to recover in total:
- Medical costs: Did you have to see any kind of medical professional to deal with your injuries?
- Property damage: Have you lost any valuable property, such as a motor vehicle, due to the accident? Has the value of your property been diminished?
- Loss of wages: Do your injuries prevent you from working for any period?
- Loss of employment: Did you lose your job because of the accident? Did you have to retire early because of permanent, disabling injuries?
- Pain and suffering: Are your injuries physically painful? Have the accident or your injuries left you traumatized, depressed, or anxious?
- Disfigurement: Do you have permanent marks or scars that affect your appearance or cause you physical pain?
- Loss of quality of life: Are you unable to resume your former lifestyle? Have you lost the ability to live independently or engage in favorite activities?
You can also receive compensation for a wrongful death if your loved one never got the chance to file a lawsuit on their own. Such a lawsuit could entitle you to any or all the damages listed above, as well as:
- Funeral expenses: Did you pay out of pocket to bury your loved one and give them the dignified ceremony they deserve?
- Loss of companionship: Did you rely on your loved one for advice, guidance, comfort, and affection in your daily life?
- Bereavement: Are you struggling to process your loved one’s sudden death? Has their passing caused you deep emotional distress?
For a free legal consultation with a Construction Accidents lawyer serving Brownsville, call 877-239-4878
Our Lawyers Want to Help You in Brownsville
Loncar Lyon Jenkins is committed to helping our clients in every way we can. This means:
- Identifying the liable party
- Meeting with their insurance company
- Taking whatever legal actions are necessary to fight for your compensation
With our Brownsville construction accident lawyer on the job, your case may proceed as follows:
- We investigate each accident: We want to know as much as possible about your construction accident. We can request documents, speak to witnesses, and visit the construction site.
- We build your case: By combining and analyzing all available evidence, we can tell you who the liable parties are and how much they owe you.
- We handle all communications: Speaking directly to the other side comes with risks, as they are motivated to use your words against you in any way they can. We can talk to them and deliver messages on your behalf to protect your rights.
- We fight for compensation: Whether we can negotiate a pretrial settlement or have to take your case to court, Loncar Lyon Jenkins is prepared and qualified for any eventuality.
In addition to providing professional legal assistance, we want you to know that we take your personal needs and suffering very seriously. Our team sees the consequences of negligence-related accidents every day. Loncar Lyon Jenkins wants to make your life easier in the following ways:
- We conduct virtual visits: If you cannot come to our office for any reason, we can speak to you virtually for your first few visits. This enables us to get started sooner.
- We charge no fees up front: We never ask clients to pay attorney’s fees unless and until we recover compensation for them.
- We explain everything you need to know: We encourage clients to ask as many questions as they need to feel comfortable with the legal process, their options, and the direction their case is going in.
- We keep you updated: Our team keeps a close eye on the progress of each case. Whenever something important happens, we notify the client right away, so they spend less time waiting and worrying.
Brownsville Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Construction Accident Compensation Is Not Available Forever
You only have two years to start a case for compensation. This is the statute of limitations codified in Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. In practical terms, this means:
- You must notify the liable party about your lawsuit within two years of the accident date
- Any lawsuits filed more than two years after the accident date will not be accepted by the court unless you have a compelling reason for having missed the deadline
- Missing the deadline means you permanently give up your right to compensation based on this accident
Loncar Lyon Jenkins wants to help as many accident victims as possible receive fair compensation for their construction accident injuries. We can only do so, however, in cases where the client comes to us within the statute of limitations. The more time you give us to investigate your case, the better one of our lawyers serving Cameron County may be able to help.
Contact our Brownsville Construction Accident Attorneys today
Our Lawyers Can Work for You
To learn more about your rights, call Loncar Lyon Jenkins for a free, no-risk case evaluation. Members of our team are standing by to explain how one of our lawyers can make it easier for you to pursue compensation after a construction accident in Brownsville, Texas.