If you or a loved one was injured in an accident, a Brownsville personal injury lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you figure out how to get enough compensation to pay for medical treatment, support your family, and make up for any physical or emotional suffering you have experienced.
Allowing us to pursue compensation on your behalf gives you the chance to focus on what matters most: the road to recovery and figuring out what your life will look like post-accident.
Tasks for Our Brownsville Personal Injury Lawyer
The team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins has helped thousands of clients recover millions of dollars in compensation. We do this by first offering free evaluations to all callers and listening carefully to what the prospective client has to say. This allows us to:
- Determine if the person has a valid legal case that we can help with
- Start figuring out how we can best help the person
- Explain to the person what their options are and how we work
Once someone signs a contract with us, we bring the full power of our office to bear on their case. Whether they have sustained a personal injury themselves or are filing a wrongful death suit, we tailor our services to their specific needs. Depending on your circumstances, we can:
- Investigate the case: We conduct our own investigations rather than relying solely on the police or the insurance companies.
- Negotiate a settlement: In many cases, we can avoid the courtroom and get our clients a faster payout by negotiating a pretrial settlement.
- Go to court: In the cases where a pretrial settlement is not obtainable, we are not afraid to face the liable party in the courtroom.
- Speak to others: At no point during the case do you have to face the liable party alone. We can either accompany you to all meetings or appear in your stead.
Throughout the entire process, we put our clients’ needs first. From keeping you updated to arranging virtual visits, Loncar Lyon Jenkins always strives to provide clients with the best possible service to help them through a very difficult time.
All Practice Areas we serve in Brownsville
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Brownsville, call 877-239-4878
Our Lawyers Can Pursue Compensation for You
If all the above sounds like a lot of work, just remember that you are not in this alone. A personal injury lawyer from our team can manage your entire Brownsville case and pursue compensation for damages like those listed below:
- Pain and suffering, if you experienced any sort of physical or emotional distress or discomfort
- Loss of consortium, if your relationship with your spouse or another relative has suffered due to the accident
- Disability, if you sustained the temporary or permanent loss of any physical or intellectual capability
- Reduced quality of life, if you will never again be able to live as independently or as pain-free as you did before
- Medical expenses, if you went to the emergency room, saw a doctor, took medication, or received any other type of treatment
- Property damage, if your car or another piece of valuable property needed to be repaired or discarded following the accident
- Loss of wages, if you had to miss work due to your injuries or medical treatments
- Loss of job opportunities, if your injuries prevent you from seeking promotions or applying for better-paying jobs in your field
How do we prove that you qualify for damages? As part of our investigation, we collect evidence to establish how serious your injuries are, connect your injuries to the accident, and compel the insurance company to pay what you need to recover as much as possible.
It is vital that you understand the true worth of your case before we start negotiations. Otherwise, this gives the liable party a chance to underpay you for your damages. Once you accept damages, even if they turn out to be too low, you do not get a second chance to sue.
Brownsville Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Limits on What Our Personal Injury Lawyer Can Do
While our attorneys can be of great help and put your mind at ease as you seek compensation, there are certain legal limits on how and when we can assist clients.
One such limit is the statute of limitations. This law, found at Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, states that:
- Accident victims have a limited time to sue for damages
- Most people who suffered a personal injury or lost a loved one must start their case within two years of the injury or death
- Anyone who starts their case after this deadline is ineligible to collect damages
If you have a very good reason for missing the deadline, we may be able to establish this reason before a court of law and petition for them to accept your case. Otherwise, there is no way for you to collect compensation after the deadline has passed.
Texas’s Contributory Negligence Laws
Another limitation—one that we can work hard to eliminate—is the one set by Texas’s contributory negligence laws, found at Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 33.001. Contributory negligence means:
- You can still collect compensation if you are found to be partly at fault for the accident
- The amount you can collect decreases as your percentage of guilt increases
- If your percentage of fault is “greater than 50 percent,” you are barred from collecting damages
- This rule applies to all kinds of damages: financial, physical, and emotional
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, it is our job to get as much money as possible for our clients. This means trying to show that our client bears little to no responsibility for their injuries and that the liable party’s insurance company should pay for all or most of the client’s damages.
Contact our Brownsville Personal Injury Attorneys today
After a Personal Injury in Cameron County, TX, Call Us
Loncar Lyon Jenkins wants to represent you throughout your case. A member of our team will tell you how our personal injury lawyer can help with your case at no cost or obligation. Also, we never charge attorney’s fees until after our clients