Everyone who owns property, from private citizens to businesses, has a responsibility to keep those properties in good repair and safe for visitors, employees, and others to use. If they neglect this duty and you subsequently sustain an injury, they may owe you damages.
A Brownsville premises liability lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can protect your rights throughout the legal process and fight hard for the financial compensation you deserve.
Getting Compensation from Premises Liability Insurance
Property owners generally have an insurance policy that will cover damages related to accidents that occurred in their buildings or on their land. Depending on what type of policy they have and what personal injuries you sustained, you could be compensated in part or in full for:
- Medical expenses: Whether you were rushed to the emergency room or waited until the next day to see your doctor, you could qualify for reimbursement.
- Loss of income: For instance, if you could not work for two weeks after the accident, you could seek compensation for two weeks’ worth of wages.
- Reduced earning capacity: This is for people whose injuries will prevent them from ever working as much as they once did (or at all).
- Pain and suffering: Injuries can take a toll on both your physical and mental health.
- Reduced quality of life: Pain, a loss of independence, and an inability to perform activities you enjoy can all affect your wellbeing.
- Disability: Intellectual and physical disabilities can impact your health, social life, and job prospects, and force you to change your lifestyle to adapt.
We also accept wrongful death cases, which may qualify you for additional damages such as:
- Funeral expenses: Giving your loved one the burial they deserve can be expensive—but the liable party may be made responsible for that expense.
- Loss of financial support: If you relied on your loved one’s income to make ends meet, we can estimate what they would have earned in the future and sue for that amount.
- Loss of companionship: You relied on your loved one for more than money. They were an irreplaceable source of warmth, affection, and guidance.
What Is Proportionate Responsibility?
Proportionate responsibility states that the amount of compensation you can collect depends on how much you contributed to causing the accident and/or your injuries.
While you can collect damages if you are found to be partly responsible for the accident, there are limits: Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 33.001 states that, once your portion of responsibility exceeds 50 percent, you are no longer eligible for damages.
This is why hiring a Brownsville premises liability lawyer from our firm to represent you is a good idea: we can seek out evidence to establish that your portion of responsibility does not exceed this limit and that you deserve to receive damages from the liable party.
For a free legal consultation with a Premises Liability lawyer serving Brownsville, call 877-239-4878
How Our Premises Liability Lawyers Work
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 allows both personal injury and wrongful death victims just two years to begin a case. To preserve your right to sue, you should get started as soon as possible.
Loncar Lyon Jenkins can work quickly to investigate and file your case in Cameron County. We strive to make the legal process as accessible and as comfortable for you as possible by:
- Visiting you virtually: If you are unable to travel to our office for a meeting, we can start your case through virtual visits instead.
- Collecting evidence: We can talk to witnesses, request medical records, ask experts to assess your situation, and much more.
- Quantifying your injuries: How much money can you collect for your injuries? We can accurately calculate the amount you should ask for.
- Advising you on your options: There may be multiple ways to pursue compensation in your case. We can go over your options and help you decide which one is best suited to your needs and situation.
- Representing you at meetings: This could mean we negotiate with the insurer on your behalf or even argue your case before a judge and jury.
- Handling paperwork: From initial notifications to trial exhibits, lawsuits can generate a lot of paperwork—and we can deal with it all for you.
In addition, we never charge attorney’s fees up front. We prefer to work on a contingency basis, where we do not collect attorney’s fees unless and until we win compensation for our clients. This way, we are truly in it together.
Brownsville Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Understanding Premises Liability
Premises liability refers to the fact that anyone who owns property may be liable for any losses or injuries sustained by those who visit or work on their property. Examples of premises liability accidents include:
- Slip and fall accidents: A slippery substance was left on the floor, and no one placed a warning sign nearby to advise others and/or cleaned up the mess in a reasonable amount of time.
- Trip and fall accidents: Someone left a wire, an unglued carpet, or other tripping hazard on the floor. Alternately, the owner allowed their property to become overgrown, obscuring hazards like holes in the lawn.
- Falling objects: This can be a bigger risk if there is ongoing construction on the property and materials like tools or bricks are left unsecured on scaffolding or other high places.
In many premises liability cases, you can seek compensation from the property owner since they are ultimately responsible for their property’s safety and condition. However, there are also cases where you can sue another party instead of or in addition to the property owner.
Hiring Loncar Lyon Jenkins to investigate your case can give you a better understanding of how your accident happened. This, in turn, can inform who you sue and how much you ask them for.
Contact our Brownsville Premises Liability Attorneys today
Get Help from Our Premises Liability Lawyer in Brownsville
Loncar Lyon Jenkins takes pride in helping premises liability clients in Brownsville and beyond. Whenever you are ready to begin, Call in the Strong Arm, and let us get you started with a free case review. An attorney from our firm wants to make sure you get every penny of compensation you deserve after a preventable accident.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form