A Brownsville slip and fall injury lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help if you or a loved one was injured on someone else’s property. While you focus on your family and medical treatment, we can take on the tough job of negotiating for a settlement or even representing you in court.
Property owners have a responsibility to themselves and others to keep their property safe. Anyone who fails to do so should be fully held responsible of the law.
What Happens After a Slip and Fall Accident
Naturally, the first action you should take after suffering any type of personal injury is to get medical attention. After that, you can consider your legal options. A slip and fall lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help if you were injured in Cameron County.
We represent slip and fall accident victims whose injuries were caused by:
- Slick spots
- Broken walkways, including sidewalks or staircases
- Overgrown grass or foliage
- Tripping hazards, including exposed wiring
By hiring us to represent you, you gain a staunch ally who can:
- Explain what is happening: We can take all the time you need to ensure you understand your rights and obligations under the law. We can even meet with you virtually if you are unable to come to our office right away.
- Investigate your accident: Our investigation may include visiting the accident scene, speaking with witnesses, requesting documentation from various parties, and more.
- Quantify your injuries: If you do not know how much your injuries are worth, the liable party’s insurance company could easily convince you to take less than you deserve. We want to prevent that from happening.
- Talk to the liable party: Facing an insurance company and their high-power attorneys by yourself can be daunting. We would be happy to represent you at all meetings and to respond to all emails, phone calls, and other correspondence.
- Pursue compensation: We may have to negotiate with the insurance company or present a court case. Either way, our team is qualified and prepared to handle whatever your case may bring.
Thanks to the statute of limitations (codified at Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003), you have only two years to take action after a slip and fall accident. It is, therefore, in your best interest to act quickly following an injury.
For a free legal consultation with a Slip and Fall Injury lawyer serving Brownsville, call 877-239-4878
What Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers Cost
The legal costs associated with your case vary depending on:
- The length of your case
- How complicated your case is (e.g., if there is more than one liable party)
- How many costs we incur related to document requests, travel expenses, and so on
One thing we can guarantee is that we do not charge attorney’s fees up front. Our team can start defending you without such fees, and we will only bill you for attorney’s fees after we have won your case.
What are the benefits of working on a contingency basis this way? It makes our services more accessible to those who want them, and it means we do not place an additional financial burden on someone already struggling with unexpected bills and loss of income.
Brownsville Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
What Slip and Fall Compensation Includes
Under Texas law, you have the right to sue for compensation for both economic (financial) and non-economic (physical and emotional) losses. The key is to be able to connect those losses with the accident in some way, which makes the liable party’s insurance company responsible for paying them. We can establish this connection with evidence from:
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Video and photo footage
- Witness testimony
This and other evidence can show the extent of your monetary losses resulting from:
- Medical bills, including costs related to hospital stays, medication, therapy, home nursing, and other necessary treatments
- Other expenses, such as hiring someone to help you around the house
- Loss of wages, if you had to reduce working hours or take sick leave to allow your injuries time to heal
- Loss of employment, if your injuries cost you your job and/or your ability to seek other work in your chosen field
Evidence can also help prove that you have suffered physically and psychologically because of:
- Disabling injuries, including both physical and intellectual disabilities that totally or partially affect how you use the injured area
- Scar tissue, if your injuries left noticeable marks that affect your range of motion, your appearance, or your self-image
- Reduced quality of life, such as an inability to live alone, perform basic tasks of living, or resume the lifestyle you enjoyed prior to the accident
- Loss of consortium, which includes the loss or diminishment of your relationship with your spouse or other close relatives
Contact our Brownsville Slip and Fall Injury Attorneys today
Slip and Fall Injury Settlements Vary
It is impossible to predict how much you can recover without consulting with you. This is because slip and fall settlement amounts depend on factors specific to each person’s individual case. These factors may include:
- What types of injuries, damages, and losses you suffered
- How serious those losses are (for example, a temporary back injury versus a permanent one)
- What types of damages are covered by the liable party’s insurance company
- Whether the insurance company complies with or fights your lawsuit
Your payout may also depend on how much evidence is available to show that the liable party is responsible for your injury.
Ideally, you should be able to collect enough compensation to cover all accident-related bills, support yourself while you are unable to work, and make up in some small way for the physical and emotional pain you have endured. Whatever that amount turns out to be, Loncar Lyon Jenkins can push the insurance company to pay it in a timely fashion.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let Our Lawyer Represent You in Brownsville
Loncar Lyon Jenkins is all too familiar with the damage that slip and fall accidents can do. A Brownsville slip and fall injury lawyer from our firm can assist you during this difficult time by explaining your rights and fighting for compensation for your injury. We are proud to serve Brownsville and other communities throughout Texas.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form