If you lost a loved one, on behalf of our entire team, we are sorry for your loss. Please know that our attorneys have helped thousands of clients in the state, and our lawyers would be honored to help your family with a wrongful death case.
Our Brownsville personal injury lawyers help families recover compensation for funeral and burial expenses, medical expenses, their loved one’s lost wages, and other losses. Let our team handle your legal case while you focus on your family during this difficult time. Call us for a free consultation about your case.
Your Family Deserves Wrongful Death Compensation
When someone suffers preventable, catastrophic injuries that lead to death, their loved ones have a legal right to sue the liable party for compensation. Generally, families can pursue compensation for economic damages and non-economic damages. Economic damages compensate for the financial losses and expenses related to the accident. Examples include:
- Medical bills: If your loved one initially survived the injury and received medical care like emergency transportation, hospital bills, surgical expenses, and medications, you can seek damages for their medical expenses.
- Loss of financial support: If your loved one earned an income, your wrongful death claim can seek compensation for your family’s loss of that income. Our Brownsville wrongful death lawyers determine the lifetime value of the income loss and fight for the full value.
- Funeral expenses: If you paid for your loved one’s funeral or any other end-of-life expense, you can recover the burial and funeral costs in your wrongful death lawsuit.
Non-economic damages compensate for physical and psychological suffering prior to death, as well as family members’ non-economic losses. Examples include:
- Pain and suffering: If your loved one experienced physical or psychological anguish, fear, or distress, you may pursue pain and suffering damages in your lawsuit.
- Loss of consortium and companionship: Your loved one provided guidance and affection to your family. Learning to live without them is a terrible burden you should never have had to face. Your wrongful death lawsuit can seek compensation for this loss of companionship.
You Have Just Two Years to Take Legal Action for Wrongful Death
Act quickly to bring your case. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 gives you just two years from the date of the incident that led to your loved one’s death to take legal action. If you fail to file your lawsuit by this deadline, you could be unable to recover damages. Our wrongful death attorneys in Brownsville can help you meet this and other deadlines that apply to your case, so reach out as soon as possible to speak with our team.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
How Our Wrongful Death Attorneys Help Your Family
Wrongful death laws allow those who lose a loved one in an accident to sue for wrongful death if the defendant’s wrongful, negligent, careless, or reckless act caused the decedent’s fatal injuries. To prove your case meets this standard, Loncar Lyon Jenkins can:
Collect Evidence to Prove You Deserve Compensation
Our wrongful death lawyers retrieve evidence that supports all aspects of your case, including:
- The police report, which can establish how the accident occurred and who was at fault
- Eyewitness statements, which can corroborate police reports and your own memories
- Photographs or video footage, which may show the accident as it happened or the events leading up to the accident
- Medical records, which can help us connect the negligent party’s actions to your loved one’s fatal injuries
- Statements or testimony from expert witnesses who can prove fault or speak to your losses
By analyzing this and other evidence, we can tell you who to sue, how much to ask for, and what may be the best way of handling your case.
Manage All Communications for Your Wrongful Death Claim
Some insurance companies may attempt to lessen your damages or disprove your claim. Some may attempt to manipulate you into “admitting” your loved one contributed to or was solely responsible for their injuries. Others might offer a lowball settlement that doesn’t include all the damages your family deserves.
Instead of putting yourself through such stressful interactions, allow us to protect your rights by managing communications with the insurance companies, opposing counsel, and other parties involved in the case. We’ll build your case, negotiate for fair financial compensation, and handle the legal process from start to finish.
Present Your Wrongful Death Case in Court
The court process for a wrongful death lawsuit can be complex and overwhelming for families. Let us handle it for you. We don’t play games, and the insurance companies know we mean business.
From negotiating for an out-of-court settlement to representing you at trial, we’ll do whatever it takes to help your family get the compensation you deserve.
- File legal paperwork and manage the complex legal process.
- Present your case at trial before a judge and jury if we cannot reach an out-of-court settlement that accounts for all your family’s losses.
- Question witnesses and cross-examine witnesses for the defense.
Our Wrongful Death Lawyers Are Ready to Immediately Assist
A Brownsville wrongful death attorney from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can represent your family in cases involving many types of accidents. We serve Brownsville clients who lost loved ones in:
- Car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents
- Premises liability accidents, including slips and falls
- Construction accidents
Call us to talk about your case. Our team has experience dealing with all these accidents and many others. Our team represents over 7,000 clients across the state every year, and we’d be honored to represent you and your family as well. We work on contingency fees, meaning you only pay an attorney fee if you recover compensation. If you do not recover compensation, you do not pay an attorney fee.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Our Wrongful Death Legal Team Can Help
Was your loved one the victim of someone else’s careless behavior? Call in the Strong Arm. A Brownsville wrongful death lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins will provide legal representation with all due respect and compassion. Let us provide you with a free case evaluation today.