Catastrophic injuries can change the way you live for the rest of your life. These types of injuries could leave you with a permanent disability, long-term health problems, and in some cases, fatalities. You could be facing expensive medical bills, lost income, and other expenses that shouldn’t be your responsibility. With your health and future on the line, you shouldn’t have to go through this alone.
A Carrollton catastrophic injuries lawyer at Loncar Lyon Jenkins will be by your side to help you recover fair compensation. We can investigate to identify the responsible party and hold them accountable.
You Could Recover Compensation for Your Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries could leave you with a debilitating condition that could cause negative financial, physical, and emotional impacts. If someone else’s negligence caused your injuries, you could recover compensation for those losses.
Damages refer to monetary compensation someone owes someone else for causing their injuries. Economic damages are monetary losses you incurred because of your injuries. After sustaining a catastrophic injury, you could obtain the following economic damages:
- Medical bills: Catastrophic injuries may require emergency room care, an ambulance, diagnostic testing, surgeries, medications, and doctor’s appointments you have had to pay for out-of-pocket.
- Future medical bills: Many catastrophic injuries will require ongoing medical care far into the future. Our attorneys can calculate the value of your projected future medical expenses.
- Lost wages: If you could not work while recovering from the accident, you could be entitled to recover lost wages. If you could not work for a few months or were unable to return to work, you could be compensated for future lost wages. Our attorneys can calculate the value of your projected future lost wages.
Non-economic damages are subjective, non-monetary losses. They can be more challenging to calculate because they do not have a monetary value. These damages compensate the injured for the negative physical and emotional impacts the accident caused. Non-economic damages you could recover after sustaining a catastrophic injury include:
- Pain and suffering: If you endured physical pain, anguish, discomfort, or inconvenience because of your injuries, you could obtain compensation for your physical agony.
- Loss of enjoyment: If you used to enjoy sports, hobbies, and other activities but no longer can because of your injuries, you could recover compensation for loss of enjoyment damages.
- Emotional distress: If you endured negative psychological impacts such as anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, fear, or sleep issues associated with the accident, you could obtain losses for your anguish.
You Could Recover Damages if Your Loved One Passed Away
If your loved one passed away from their injuries, your family could recover compensation. We are compassionate and caring attorneys who understand how devastating losing a loved one suddenly can be. After losing a loved one, no amount of compensation will bring them back.
We hope that recovering compensation can help relieve any financial stress their death has caused. Damages that could be recovered after a loved one passes away include:
- Final medical expenses: Any costs for life-saving or comfort measures taken at a medical facility could be recovered.
- Funeral costs: You could recover recompensation for the costs of celebrating the life of your loved one.
- Burial or cremation costs: You could recover compensation for the costs of laying your loved one to rest.
- Loss of consortium: You could obtain compensation after your loved one passes away because of the deprivation of the benefits of the family relationship.
For a free legal consultation with a Catastrophic Injuries lawyer serving Carrollton, call 877-239-4878
You Have a Limited Time To File a Catastrophic Injury Lawsuit in Texas
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 states you have two years to file a lawsuit against the liable party. Once the statute of limitations has passed, you may be unable to recover compensation for your losses.
Retaining a lawyer shortly after an accident can be helpful to your case. It will give our attorneys more time to build your case. A catastrophic injuries lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you meet timelines. This way, your Carrollton family can recover the compensation you need.
Carrollton Catastrophic Injuries Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Our Team Will Prove Negligence After Your Catastrophic Injury Accident
To recover compensation in a catastrophic injury case, you must prove the other party’s negligence caused your losses. To prove negligence, all of its elements must have been present during the accident. The elements of negligence include:
- Duty: The defendant owed the plaintiff a standard duty of care.
- Breach of duty: The defendant breached their duty by not providing a reasonable standard of care.
- Causation: The breach of duty caused the accident. If the duty had not been breached, the accident would not have occured.
- Damages: The plaintiff suffered damages because of the accident.
Once we begin working on your case, we will investigate to determine who was liable. After determining fault, we can develop a solid case strategy to prove negligence caused your injuries.
Contact our Carrollton Catastrophic Injury Attorneys today
What Qualifies as a Catastrophic Injury?
A catastrophic injury is very serious and leaves the victim with permanent damage. Many injuries qualify as catastrophic. Some of them include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Loss of a limb by amputation or being severed
- Severe burns
- Injuries resulting in long-term disability
Victims of catastrophic injuries are left to deal with the consequences of limitations and long-term disabilities for the rest of their lives. For most accidents that result in catastrophic injuries, compensation can be pursued. Our Carrollton attorneys can help you prove the other party was negligent. This way, you can recover compensation for your life-altering injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Are Committed to Helping Our Clients Recover Injury Compensation
Victims of catastrophic injuries will be affected indefinitely. Having a severe injury can cause a physical, financial, and emotional strain that can cause stress to the victim and those close to them. You should be compensated after you or your loved one was severely injured.
Contact our firm today. We offer free consultations and are ready to take your call any time of the day or night. Our lawyers work on a contingency fee, so there is no risk in working with our firm for a catastrophic injury case.