Construction work is one of the most dangerous professions available in the United States. Despite safety efforts, including personal protective equipment, it’s not uncommon for construction workers to be seriously hurt or even killed while on the job.
A Corpus Christi construction accident lawyer can assist you if you or a loved one has been injured in a construction accident. Loncar Lyon Jenkins represents clients as they pursue compensation for their injuries and other damages.
Types of Construction Accident Cases We Handle
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), over one-thousand construction workers died in 2019. Construction work causes 20 to 25 fatalities each week, on average.
Construction labor is a risky and injury-prone profession, but that additional risk does not mean you can’t seek damages after an accident. The following are a few of the most prevalent causes of construction accident injuries and deaths we build cases around:
1. Falls From High Places
Construction workers are often on ladders, roofs, scaffolding, and other heights. As a result, falls are one of the leading causes of construction-related injuries. When a worker falls from a high place or an object from above hits them, the responsible party may be liable for any damages.
2. Slips and Trip Hazards
Slips and falls can happen anywhere, but are common on construction sites. Trip and slip hazards can include tools lying around, exposed electrical cords, holes, and unstable structures. Additionally, the worker’s head or other body parts may collide with other objects, potentially resulting in a concussion or fatality.
3. Crane and Forklift Accidents
Cranes, forklifts, and other equipment are indispensable in building, but they can result in fatal accidents if the operator lacks sufficient training. Experience for riggers is also crucial. Without proper certifications, they can be held liable for your injury.
4. Exposure to Fires, Gas Leaks, Toxic Substances, and Electrocution
Electrical wire, toxins, various types of fuels, sparks, and flames abound on construction sites. Even with proper permits, training, and safety measures in place, something can still go wrong. Gathering evidence and determining the cause of the accident is our lawyers’ top priority.
5. Defective or Failed Machinery
No matter how expensive or reputable the brand, any machinery could malfunction during operation. If one of these pieces of equipment goes haywire at the wrong moment and in the wrong place, it might result in a catastrophic incident.
Construction businesses are accountable for following industry safety standards. Failing to do so can leave them open to personal injury claims and lawsuits. A Corpus Christi construction accident attorney can assist you in holding the liable parties in your case accountable.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Compensation You Could Recover for a Construction Accident
There are two categories of compensation awarded in personal injury cases: monetary and non-monetary damages. For monetary damages, you may be able to collect the following:
- Hospital bills
- Ambulance costs
- MRIs, lab work, and X-rays
- Prescription medications
- Prosthetics or wheelchairs
- In-home care
- Home modifications or accommodations
- Reduced earning capacity from a disability
- Future expenses associated with medical care
- Physical therapy
- Mental health counseling
- Wages lost during your recovery
- Out-of-pocket expenses
You may also be able to recover the following non-monetary losses:
- Psychiatric distress
- Pain and suffering
- Disfigurement or disability
- Loss of support and consortium after a wrongful death
What to Expect From a Construction Accident Lawyer?
A lawyer from our firm can help you navigate the challenges of a construction accident case with ease. When you choose Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we will use our time, knowledge, and resources to:
- Review your incident and collect crucial evidence
- Interview witnesses and analyze medical records and incident reports
- Investigate your employer for patterns of neglect or carelessness
- Bring in relevant medical professionals, safety experts, engineers, or any other person else who can help strengthen your case
- Organize your costs, treatment, and care to support your claim and determine the degree of your injuries
- Represent you in court, where we’ll actively seek the best possible resolution of your claim if we can’t reach an agreement that sufficiently covers your necessities
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
When a Construction Accident Occurs, What Should You Do?
If you or a loved one is injured on a construction site, you can follow these procedures to help your case succeed:
- Get medical help: Getting the necessary medical attention is the first essential step after a construction injury. This action can help you recuperate correctly while also laying the groundwork for a personal injury lawsuit.
- Inform your boss: Your employer needs to know about the accident properly. Supply them with all of the necessary information. However, don’t sign any papers before consulting a lawyer.
- Collect proof: Having all of the evidence surrounding the accident can aid your lawyer in building your case. For example, you can gather witnesses’ contact info and accident photos.
- Document everything: Record everything you remember about the accident. In the aftermath, make careful notes of who you talk to about the incident, when you speak with them, and what they tell you.
- Call a lawyer: When you’ve been hurt on the job, you need someone who’s ready to fight for your side—someone who can give you impartial advice. Our attorneys are ready to listen.
- File on time: You don’t have forever to file. In Texas, you only have two years to sue, so it’s critical to initiate a lawsuit before then.
Reach Out for a Complimentary Case Review Today
If you or a loved one suffered construction accident injuries in Corpus Christi, our attorneys are here for you. We can clarify how state and federal laws relate to your situation and use them to build your case for damages. Call now for a free consultation with a Loncar Lyon Jenkins team member.