If you lost a loved one to a truck accident, you have our condolences. It is important to know that you could recover compensation for your losses. A Corpus Christi fatal truck accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
We can perform the tasks that you cannot while grieving your loved one’s passing. Some of our services include:
- Negotiating for a settlement
- Taking your case to court, if the need arises
- Consulting with expert medical witnesses and accident reconstruction specialists
- Calculating your damages
- Exploring whether you can toll the relevant statute of limitations
- Collecting evidence that proves fault and negligence
- Explaining your legal rights (and protecting them)
We are here to listen to your side of the story. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins at (877) 239-4878 to schedule your free consultation with an experienced truck accident attorney today.
Who Can File Wrongful Death Lawsuits in Texas
You must be related to the decedent in order to file a wrongful death lawsuit. You have to be the surviving spouse, child, or parent of your late family member. You may also be able to file a lawsuit if you are the personal representative of the decedent’s estate.
For a free legal consultation with a fatal truck accidents lawyer serving Corpus Christi, call 800-777-7777
Time Limits to File Your Fatal Truck Accident Claim
In addition, you only have a limited amount of time to file a claim under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §16.003. Most personal injury claims in Texas have a two year limit for filing that starts at the date of the accident. For fatal truck accidents with a government vehicle, you may only have six months to initiate your claim.
Corpus Christi Fatal Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
You Could Be Entitled to Collect a Financial Award
You might not know what damages you can recover after losing a family member in a Corpus Christi truck accident. You are entitled to seek compensation for both economic and non-economic harm you and your loved one suffered.
Your loved one’s medical expenses from before their passing can be added to your claim as part of your economic damages. Similarly, any expenses you incurred from your loved one’s burial may be part of a wrongful death lawsuit.
For non-economic damages, you could pursue damages for:
- Loss of consortium
- Income lost from the passing of your loved one
- Pain and suffering your loved one experienced
- Any loss enjoyment of life
- Loss of parental guidance
Your attorney will work with you to determine what damages you incurred as a result of your loved one’s wrongful death. By calculating the cost of your accident-related losses, your lawyer can help you negotiate for a fair settlement offer.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
Proving Fault for Your Losses
Your lawyer will be committed to determining the identity of any party that contributed to your loved one’s passing. The first assumption is that the truck driver is responsible. We will need to prove this, however.
We can do this by:
- Gathering physical evidence. This could include tire tracks at the accident scene, photos of your loved one’s vehicle, and traffic camera footage.
- Recording testimony. Your story holds more value than you think. Additionally, we can talk to your loved one’s health care team regarding their passing.
- Circumstantial evidence. There may be some factors that contributed to the accident that you didn’t know about. For instance, the phone records of the at-fault driver could prove that they were engaging in distracted driving.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Can Hold the Trucking Company Liable Too
When a truck driver is deemed negligent, their employer can sometimes also be deemed negligent as well. For instance, if the truck driver hit your loved one while speeding, we might be able to argue that this was the result of unreasonable delivery schedules.
The accident might have been worsened by a heavy load that violated Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations—which could have also been encouraged by the trucking company. Finally, if the other driver was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the collision, we can argue that their employer did not properly screen their drivers.
Determining and proving fault for your accident may pose a challenge. This is where a Corpus Christi fatal truck accident lawyer can help you.
Loncar Lyon Jenkins Can Help Your Family During This Time
You should be spending time with your loved ones. You do not need to argue with insurance adjusters while you are vulnerable. Let us take those calls for you. Retain a Corpus Christi fatal truck accident lawyer from our law firm to help alleviate some stress. Call in the Strong Arm at (877) 239-4878 today.