Certain areas of Texas, including Dallas, El Paso, Collin, and Denton (among others), are prone to high winds that can appear suddenly and cause dangerous driving conditions. If you or a loved one has been in an accident you believe was caused by high winds, or if you lost a family member to an accident caused by high winds, we may be able to help you file a claim.
Our Dallas high winds accident lawyer may be able to help you fight for compensation after an accident. Loncar Lyon Jenkins can assess your case to help determine how much compensation you may be entitled to, should you pursue a claim for your injuries suffered in an accident.
What You Should Know About an Accident Caused by High Winds
High winds in Texas are a known hazard, and many accidents have been attributed to them. The Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) is aware of the particular dangers high winds can bring and offers several tips for navigating roadways; however, despite these tips offered, accidents still occur. If you have been in an accident caused by high winds, there are a variety of factors you should consider. You may be wondering:
- If you are at fault for the accident
- If you are entitled to compensation after such an accident
- Who you can seek compensation from and how to do so
Our Dallas car accident attorney may be able to provide guidance that helps you understand more about your potential case. For example, while the weather is uncontrollable and subject to change, all drivers are expected to maintain full control of their vehicles and drive safely. If conditions deteriorate with sudden gusts of high wind, drivers should pull over or drive with utmost safety and care until the winds settle down and conditions improve.
If an accident occurred due to a driver’s negligence based on a failure to act responsibly in these conditions, it may be possible to file a claim against that driver.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
How Our Car Accident Attorney in Dallas Can Help
If you have been in an accident caused by high winds, our Dallas high winds accident lawyer may be able to help you. A car accident attorney from our firm can help fight for the compensation you deserve after an accident, offer guidance, and assist you throughout the process. Some of the tasks our attorney can handle include:
- Evaluating your case.
- Reviewing your case to determine the potential settlement amount.
- Handling the necessary paperwork and legal work to ensure your case is managed correctly, which will save you time and effort as you recover.
- Investigating the intricate details of your accident to present the necessary factual evidence of fault on your behalf.
- Determining the value of the injuries you have experienced.
- Determining the rightful parties to pursue on your behalf, such as your insurance company.
- Negotiating with the insurance company to ensure a fair settlement is the outcome for you.
It is important to note that no fees are required up front; when you work with our Dallas lawyer, you will pay nothing out of pocket. Only if a settlement is awarded will you pay fees.
If you decide to work with Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we will handle the necessary filing of documents, legal paperwork, and all communications that are required for your case. Furthermore, we will ensure all matters are handled in the appropriate timeframes to ensure all legal deadlines are adhered to.
We Are Here for You
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we want to fight for the compensation you deserve. After a high winds accident, you should not have to recover and pursue damages on your own. We may be able to assist in various ways, and it is our aim to handle the legal details of your case as we:
- Put your needs first: For instance, we can give you your attorney’s phone number so you can ask questions at any time, and we can hold our first meetings virtually if you are unable to travel.
- Make sure you understand your rights: We help clients make intelligent decisions about their cases by explaining the law to them in terms they can easily understand.
- Keep you updated throughout: You do not have to worry about how your case is going, as we will contact you whenever something happens that you should know about.
- Evaluating your case for free: A member of our team can speak with you over the phone at any time to let you know if and how we can help.
Types of Compensation You May Be Eligible for After a High Winds Accident
Depending on the specifics of your case, you may be entitled to compensation to cover the costs you have incurred because of the accident. Some of the economic and non-economic losses a settlement may award includes:
- Financial compensation for medical bills
- Financial compensation for lost wages/earnings or lost earning capacity
- Lost potential for future earnings if you have lost the ability to work at all
- Compensation for the pain and suffering you have experienced from the accident
- Compensation for temporary or permanent disabilities that impact your ability to move, act, or function the way you did before
Even minor accidents could entitle you to compensation. A lawyer from our firm can help you figure out how to get you the money you need.
Wrongful Death Damages
If your loved one passed away in an accident caused by high winds, we can still help you collect compensation. Damages we can fight for include:
- Funeral expenses for a lost loved one who died due to a high winds accident
- Lost financial support, if your loved one’s income was an important part of your total household budget
- Compensation for the intangible benefits (affection, guidance, etc.) that your loved one brought to their relationship with you and others in the family
The above are only a few common examples of compensation you can receive after a car accident. We can give you a more thorough understanding of your rights by investigating your case in Dallas County.
It is very important that you be as specific as possible when it comes to the types of compensation you ask for. The liable party’s insurer will take any chance to reduce your payout. By having us carefully assess your case beforehand, you deny them that chance.
Be Aware of the Texas Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 states that the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is two years, so this is important to keep in mind if you are considering filing a lawsuit. Two years may seem like ample time; however, after an accident, especially if you suffered an injury or lost a loved one, it can pass very quickly.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Proving that High Winds Caused Your Accident
No insurance company will pay you compensation unless and until you can demonstrate how the accident happened. You will be expected to cooperate with investigations into the accident’s causes, including those conducted by:
- The police
- Insurance companies
- Your attorney
Each of these parties has different motivations for “solving” your case. The attorney you hire is the only one you can depend on to be on your side. We can search for evidence of what happened and the severity of your injuries from:
- Medical records
- Surveillance cameras and other audiovisual footage
- Eyewitness recollections
- Weather reports
- Expert opinions
In addition, we can help you respond appropriately to questions from the police and the liable party’s insurance company by:
- Accompanying you to meetings with other involved parties
- Helping you prepare for the types of questions they may ask—and stopping you from answering a question that could compromise your case
- Representing you at certain types of meetings, including settlement negotiations
- Representing you in the courtroom if your case goes to trial
We Protect Our Clients
We take our job very seriously, and that job includes protecting accident victims who have already suffered enough. Loncar Lyon Jenkins can make sure that you are always treated with the utmost respect and that you do not accidentally say or do anything that could put your compensation at risk.
Call in the Strong Arm of Our Law Firm
In certain areas of Texas, driving can suddenly become dangerous with high winds, creating unfavorable conditions that sometimes result in unavoidable accidents. Here at Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we understand how difficult the period after an accident can be.
There is so much to process. You may be dealing with your recovery or mourning the loss of a loved one, and you may be unsure of how to proceed legally. If you are in this position, Call in the Strong Arm. Our high winds accident lawyer may be able to assist you as you move forward. Contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins today for a free case evaluation.