Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere and on any type of surface. They are more likely to happen on surfaces that are wet, icy, or poorly maintained. Many slip and fall accidents are preventable if the person or entity in charge of the property maintains it appropriately. If the property is not properly maintained, the owner could be liable if someone is injured.
If you or a loved one was injured in a slip and fall accident, a Denton slip and fall injury lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins could help you recover the compensation you need. Property owners should be held accountable if they are not maintaining their property appropriately.
Our Slip and Fall Attorneys Are Ready To Apply Our Resources to Your Case
While a slip and fall attorney is not required, a lawyer can be helpful when pursuing compensation. The attorneys at our firm have handled many slip and fall accident cases and know how to manage the legal complexities of these types of cases.
We will work so you can recover a fair amount of compensation for your losses.
We Can Help You Establish Fault for Your Slip and Fall Accident
You must identify the at-fault party and prove their negligence caused your injuries to recover compensation. Your Denton injury lawyer can investigate the slip and fall accident to determine liability in the following ways:
- Request a copy of the accident report if one was filed
- Compile evidence
- Speak to witnesses
Once we determine who is liable, we will prepare a solid case strategy. Part of building a solid case includes proving the other party was negligent. All of the elements of negligence must be satisfied. The elements include:
- Duty of care: The property owner owed you a standard level of care.
- Breach of duty: The property owner breached their duty by not providing a standard level of care.
- Causation: The owner’s breach of duty caused the accident.
- Damages: You have incurred damages because of the accident.
Immediately after the accident, if you can, try to gather evidence from the scene. This includes photos of what caused the accident and your injuries. Also, documenting what happened as soon as possible will keep the details of what happened fresh in your mind. It is helpful to have tangible evidence when trying to prove negligence.
Your Attorney Can Prove You’re Entitled To Recover Damages
If you or a loved one suffered harm from a slip and fall accident, you could potentially recover damages. If you prove the property owner’s negligence caused your injuries, you could recover economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are justified monetary losses that have a receipt of documentation to prove the value of the losses. Economic damages you could be entitled to in a slip and fall case include:
- Medical expenses: Emergency room care, hospitalizations, medications, diagnostics tests, surgeries, and doctor’s office expenses.
- Future medical expenses: If your injuries require you to need medical care after your case has been settled, you could be entitled to recover compensation for projected future medical expenses.
- Lost income: If you were out of work for a few days or weeks, you could recover the income you lost during that time. If your recovery takes months or years, you could obtain compensation for your projected future earnings.
Non-economic damages are subjective losses that are not associated with an exact monetary loss. They are designed to compensate accident victims for the physical and emotional pain they endured because of their injuries. Non-economic damages you could recover include:
- Pain and suffering: If you suffered from physical pain from the accident, you could be entitled to recover pain and suffering damages.
- Emotional distress: If you suffer from psychological issues because of the accident, you could be entitled to recover emotional distress damages.
To recover damages in Texas, you must file a lawsuit before the statute of limitations runs out. According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you have two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit. Contacting an attorney soon after the accident will give us time to prepare a solid case strategy.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall injury lawyer serving Denton, call 877-239-4878
Don’t Worry About Affording an Attorney From Our Team
We offer free consultations to all potential clients. We will listen to what happened during the accident and explain how we can help. You will leave the consultation knowing your legal rights and having your questions answered.
We work on a contingency-fee basis. This means we do not charge for our services unless we help you recover compensation. If you do not receive monetary compensation, you do not have to pay for our legal services.
Denton Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Dangerous Conditions on a Property That Could Cause a Slip and Fall Accident
Many slip and fall accidents occur because of property owner negligence. Examples of dangerous conditions on a property that could cause a slip and fall accident include:
- Wet floors with no proper signage indicating the floors are wet
- Stairs that are broken or improperly maintained
- Uneven walkways
- Debris or objects in a walkway
- Insufficient lighting
Contact our Denton Slip and Fall Injury Attorneys today
Types of Injuries Slip and Fall Victims Commonly Sustain
Slip and fall injuries can range from mild to severe. Some people might end up with a few bruises, while someone else could be left with a life-altering injury. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) describe common injuries after a slip and fall accident as:
- Broken or fractured bones in the wrist, arm, ankle, and hips
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nerve damage
With any of these injuries, you may need extensive medical care that can become costly. You could even be left with a permanent impairment that will require therapy and treatment for the rest of your life. You should be compensated for the financial, physical, and emotional losses you incurred. Our attorneys will advocate for you to recover compensation for your losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Our Slip and Fall Injury Firm Today About Your Case
Although we have a large client base and many offices throughout Texas, we are still small enough to give each case and client the personal attention necessary. We are committed legal professionals advocating for our clients to receive the compensation they need.
Contact our firm today for a free consultation. A member of our legal team is available 24/7. If your slip and fall injuries prevent you from traveling to our office, our team serving Denton can meet virtually. Discuss how our lawyers could help you and your family.