Every product sold in the public market must be safe for use. The manufacturer must foresee any hazards that could potentially harm others. When a product causes a sudden traumatic injury or slowly causes complications over time, it can cause life-threatening impairments. However, you may be unsure of how to pursue compensation for your losses.
An El Paso defective product lawyer can examine your case from a variety of different angles to determine your legal options. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, our goal is to help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and other related expenses. A lawyer can address the challenges involved in your situation and help you explore your financial recovery options.
To learn more about your legal options, reach out to our team for a free consultation by calling us at 877-239-4878.
Defective Products Can Have Problems in Design, Manufacturing, or Quality
According to the Legal Information Institute (LII), a product defect does not necessarily mean that it was manufactured improperly. For example, if the product was damaged in transit to the wholesaler, you could have a case for damages. If the product’s design was inherently flawed, making thousands of products unsafe, you could join a mass tort against the product’s designer.
The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) recalls hundreds of products each year that have the potential to harm consumers. Sometimes, if the FDA does not issue a recall in a timely manner, an unsafe product could be in the market for years.
Some examples that are subject to recalls by the FDA include:
- Medical devices
- Blood and blood products
- Livestock feed
- Beauty products, such as makeup
- Transplantable human tissue
- About 80 percent of food nationwide
Every product liability case is different. However, an El Paso defective product lawyer can evaluate the details of your situation and execute a course of legal action on your behalf. We encourage you to give our team a call at your earliest convenience.
Practice Area we serve in El Paso
For a free legal consultation with a Defective Product lawyer serving El Paso, call 877-239-4878
Liability in an El Paso Product Liability Case
Following your injury, you may be able to pursue compensation and recover your expenses through negotiations with the liable party’s insurer or through a lawsuit. After being injured, you may not immediately know who you can hold accountable for your losses. This is where an El Paso product liability lawyer can step in to assist you.
Some liable parties in your case could include:
- The product’s manufacturer: This includes multinational companies, an individual working from home, or anyone involved in designing or marketing the product.
- Retailers who sold the product: If a retailer sold a product that they knew could hurt others, they can be held responsible for any resulting harm.
- The product’s wholesaler: The wholesaler is considered the “middleman” because they stand in between the manufacturer and the retailer. Your El Paso product liability lawyer can explain how a wholesaler can be held accountable for your injury-related losses.
We understand that right now, you might be confused about how to recover your losses and how to proceed with a product liability case. If you have any questions, call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878.
El Paso Defective Product Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
An El Paso Defective Product Lawyer Can Help You Pursue Compensation
Each case is different. The circumstances of your case will determine the exact amount of compensation available to you.
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we can help you seek compensation for:
- Lost income: Lost income is not exclusive to only your salary and hourly wages. It can also include missed tips, benefits, and bonuses. Your lawyer can examine your pay stubs and employee records to calculate these losses.
- Medical bills: You may start incurring medical expenses from the moment you are injured. Our team can help you recover costs associated with hospitalization, prescription medications, and assistive devices.
- Pain and suffering: Your physical pain and emotional suffering is compensable. Your lawyer can employ various formulas to arrive at a monetary figure for this expense.
- Disability: If your injuries left you with a long-term impairment, you may be able to receive financial recovery for the daily obstacle of living with a disability.
You may be able to recover damages not on this list.
Contact our El Paso Defective Product Attorneys today
Steps to Take After Being Injured by a Defective Product
A lawyer can handle the bulk of responsibilities involved with furthering your case for compensation. However, there are some measures you can employ that can also work to benefit your legal interests.
These measures include:
Seeking Medical Attention
If a consumer product causes you injury, seek medical attention immediately. You should follow your doctor’s recommended course of treatment to promote your body’s healing time.
Keep All Documentation Relating to Your Case
During the course of your case, you may be asked to provide various pieces of information regarding the defective product and your injuries.
You should keep records of:
- Your incurred expenses, including medical bills, invoices, and receipts
- The product’s serial number
- The product itself, if possible
- Information on where you purchased the product
- Contact information of anyone who witnessed the product’s defect
- Your medical records
- Your doctor’s contact information
- Pictures of the product and your injuries
Keeping documentation of the accident and your injuries could be beneficial to many aspects of your case.
Consider Legal Representation
A lawyer is your advocate throughout the duration of your personal injury case.
- Consult with field experts regarding the product’s effectiveness
- Determine whether previous claims were filed against the product’s manufacturer
- Gather evidence of your injuries and the event that harmed you
- Establish that you were using the product as intended without any modifications
- Evaluate the cost of your incurred expenses
- Interview witnesses
- Represent you in court, if necessary
Your lawyer will set both short- and long-term goals pertaining to your case’s success. To learn more, call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call in the Strong Arm to Work on Your Defective Product Case
Our team renders legal services on a contingency fee basis. To alleviate some of the financial stress of hiring a lawyer, we only get paid if your case is successful. To learn more about how an El Paso product liability lawyer can help you, call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878.