There is no excuse for anyone to operate a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol. If someone chose to drink and drive and you or your family member paid the consequences, you should be able to hold them accountable for the damages you suffered.
A Fort Worth drunk driving accident lawyer with Loncar Lyon Jenkins will investigate your case and gather evidence to support your claim. We will fight for you to recover the awards you need to help you move forward.
Establishing Negligence in a Drunk Driving Accident Case
You can prove the driver’s negligence by:
- Collecting and presenting relevant evidence, such as blood or breath sample results and police reports citing possible or confirmed intoxication
- Connecting the defendant’s actions, including their intoxication, to losses you have sustained since the accident
- Presenting any witness testimony proving the defendant’s intoxication and any other driving maneuvers that caused your accident
If the drunk driver who hit you is found guilty in court, this verdict does not guarantee your right to damages, as the civil and criminal cases take place in different areas of the law. However, a guilty verdict can be used as evidence to help bolster your claim.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
What a Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer With Our Firm Can Do
Figuring out how your accident transpired, hunting down evidence, and handling a case overall are no easy tasks. You should be focused on getting better, so allow our personal injury attorneys to take on your case for you.
- Compile all forms evidence to build a robust injury case
- Show the liable party’s negligence and how it caused your injuries
- Act as the messenger between you and the other party’s team
- Review settlement offers and negotiate an amount that will cover your losses
- File all relevant paperwork completely and promptly
- Make your drunk driving accident case in court
Your attorney will make these services available to you in exchange for a contingency fee. This structure does not require you to pay any money starting up, out of pocket, or hourly. Your lawyer will be paid from the financial award they secure for you when your case ends.
Securing Damages After a Texas Drunk Driving Accident
A lawyer on our team will review the facts of your case and take note of how the accident has affected you psychologically, physically, and financially.
We may find that you are entitled to recover damages for:
- Lost wages: If you couldn’t earn an income because your injuries were too debilitating or you were in treatment
- Lost earning potential: If you can’t return to your previous job or to work at all
- Past and anticipated medical costs: If you need surgery, hospitalization, pain medication, diagnostic testing, rehabilitation, or ongoing care
- Vehicle damage: If your vehicle needs to be repaired or replaced
- Pain and suffering: If your injuries are so painful that you can’t live as you did prior to the accident
- Mental anguish: If you suffered mental trauma from the accident and are experiencing anxiety, sleeplessness, and post-traumatic stress disorder
Fort Worth Star-Telegram recently reported that a woman succumbed to her injuries from a drunk driving accident in Fort Worth. If your loved one’s situation was anything like this one and they passed away, you can file a wrongful death action. You may request recovery for funeral and burial bills, their medical expenses, and your loss of financial help if they supported you.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Filing a Lawsuit After an Accident With a Drunk Driver in Fort Worth
Taking legal action following a car accident comes with time limits enforced by the state. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 explains that those who are bringing either a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit against another party are generally permitted two years to do so.
To help ensure you follow this time frame, let our firm know about your accident case soon. If we begin working on your case too late, we risk missing the two-year deadline. As a result, you may not be able to pursue any awards for your damages.
Drunk Driving Is Prevalent in Texas
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) shines a light on the massive problem of drunk driving in Texas. Per the CDC:
- Rates of drunk driving in Texas are higher than the national average across all age groups
- Rates of drunk driving in Texas among those aged 21 to 34 are significantly higher than the national average for the same age group
- Those who travel the roads of Texas may be exposed to a number of drunk drivers that is, on average, greater than the national average
If you or a loved one became a victim of a drunk driver, one of our Fort Worth attorneys can determine which legal route best suits your situation.
Being Intoxicated Harms Essential Driving Behaviors
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) details the ways in which alcohol may impair a driver.
As such, there are many ways in which intoxication caused by alcohol may manifest as poor or risky driving behaviors. Some of the behaviors that a drunk driver may engage in include:
- Speeding, as somebody who is drunk may be less sensitive to risk, whether the risk is being pulled over or causing an accident that possibly results in injury or death
- Making risky turns, which may include turning with little space between oncoming traffic
- Driving aggressively
- Failing to stay inside of one’s lane and possibly veering into oncoming traffic due to the difficulty of controlling a vehicle while drunk
- Stopping in the middle of the roadway at an inappropriate time if alcohol causes a motorist to doze off or fall asleep completely
- Generally operating a vehicle in a way that is a danger to oneself and others
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins for a Free Consultation Today
The team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins puts clients first, and we will not get paid unless we win for you. Focus on healing while our attorney pursues any compensation that you deserve because of a drunk driving accident.
Call in the Strong Arm today by calling (877) 239-4878. We will be glad to give you a free consultation so that you can learn more about the services of a Fort Worth drunk driving accident lawyer on our team.