The Insurance Information Institute (III) states that, in 2017, about 13 percent of drivers were uninsured. That percentage equates to about one in every eight drivers being without insurance. There is a chance that you might get involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, and you or your loved one may have already been in such an accident.
We can examine your policy to determine whether or not you have uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage through which we can recover compensation. A Fort Worth uninsured car accident lawyer may be able to help you with your case. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation about seeking compensation after an accident with an uninsured driver.
Uninsured Drivers Put Others at Risk of Financial Loss
Automobile insurance can be expensive. The U.S. Department of the Treasury established the Federal Insurance Office to monitor targeted low-income or underserved demographics, which allowed them to provide resources to these communities to make insurance products more affordable. Affordability may not be the only reason why somebody would go without car insurance. Additional reasons may include:
- The driver has difficulty with obtaining insurance
- The driver could not prevent a lapse in their automobile insurance policy when it ran out or got canceled
- The driver believes they can avoid being in a crash if they drive carefully and, therefore, believes they do not truly need insurance
- The driver believes that a rarely used vehicle does not require insurance
- The driver believes that they will not be caught driving without insurance
Many of these beliefs are misguided and superseded by the fact that, as the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) notes, auto insurance is generally a legal requirement for drivers who operate a vehicle on Texas roads. People who drive without insurance:
- May underestimate the various costs that can come from being involved in a collision
- May not be able to afford the out-of-pocket costs that may be ordered of them should they cause an accident, especially if they believed they could not afford the cost of insurance
- May be operating in an illegal manner
- May contribute to higher insurance premiums for motorists who do comply with insurance-related regulations and laws
- May be held responsible for their actions through the civil court system in Texas
If you are involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, then you may not have the option of accepting an insurance settlement from that other driver.
If you would like to learn more about the process of recovering compensation after an accident with an uninsured driver, a Fort Worth uninsured car accident lawyer and their team may provide guidance. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 to speak with our team about your case.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Possible Accident-Related Losses
Any car accident has multiple potential outcomes. The losses you might experience will depend on the dynamics of the accident. In a broad sense, the losses that come from a motor vehicle collision may affect you financially, physically, emotionally, and cognitively.
Your losses may also vary based on the specific injuries that you sustained in the accident. You may suffer one or more injuries that affect:
- Your musculoskeletal system
- Your brain
- Your neurological system
- Your cardiovascular system
More specifically, you could have:
- One or more traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Broken bones
- Injuries to your spinal cord, which could result in some type of paralysis
- Harm to your organs
- Internal bleeding
Injuries may have the capacity to trigger multiple negative effects throughout your life. A serious injury may:
- Prevent you from working, which may mean interrupting your ability to earn an income temporarily or permanently
- Restrict your ability to move around, care for yourself, exercise, and conduct your life as you did before your accident
- Impede your ability to function mentally, which might also affect your level of independence
- Cause a decline in your mental health, whether because of physical brain trauma, post-accident circumstances, or both
- Lead to significant financial strain in the form of medical expenses
- Lead to one or more permanent forms of disability
- Diminish your quality of life
You may be entitled to collect compensation if one or more of these losses, or any other losses that stem from the accident, are not of your own doing.
Recovering Compensation Through Your Uninsured Motorist Policy
People often have uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage without realizing it. This is because insurers must offer every policyholder coverage. If you did not reject this coverage in writing, your policy likely contains UM/UIM.
Our team can help determine if you have this coverage and the limits of your policy. This will help us determine what you can recover for your injuries and losses. Once we have determined your policy limits, we will determine the value of your case.
When you enlist our help, we can handle the following on your behalf:
- Collecting evidence of your accident
- Collecting evidence of your injuries
- Filing a claim with your insurer on your behalf
- Communicating with your insurer
- Negotiating for compensation through a settlement or judgment
- Defending your rights
If you would like assistance in seeking any awards you might be entitled to collect after an accident with an uninsured driver, consider hiring a lawyer.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
Call in the Strong Arm today by calling Loncar Lyon Jenkins at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation. You can focus on getting back to full strength while our Fort Worth uninsured car accident lawyers work on your case for compensation.