Various hernia mesh surgical products have been recalled in the last several years, and many patients have been seeking compensation. The issue is that the use of the products has led to severe complications in patients, including some fatal complications in patients.
If you or a loved one has suffered any injuries related to using a hernia mesh product, the manufacturer of the product could be liable. In a hernia mesh lawsuit, you could hold the company accountable, pursue compensation from them, and perhaps find some closure after your incident. You can get assistance from a Fort Worth hernia mesh lawsuit lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins.
Is the Hernia Mesh Lawsuit Still Going on?
Today, numerous people are still seeking compensation for their hernia mesh-related injuries. These individuals are seeking compensation through hernia mesh lawsuits, and several trials are still going on today. So, it is not too late for you to start seeking compensation for your hernia mesh problems.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
How Do I Know if I Qualify to File a Hernia Mesh Case?
The individuals who filed hernia mesh suits did so because the mesh product they were given did not work as it was supposed to, resulting in complications. Whenever this happens with a medical product and a person is harmed, it can be grounds for a liability suit. So, if you had a similar experience, you may have grounds for a lawsuit.
Your injuries could be due to one or more complications. Pain can be a sign of a complication/injury, so if you have any pain, you should speak to a medical professional, especially if your pain has been worsening or lasting beyond your recovery period.
If you had or have pain or any of the following complications or injuries, you might have grounds for a hernia mesh claim:
- Recurrence occurs when a hernia recurs, possibly due to a hernia mesh failure.
- Infection: Infection during or after surgery can become more likely when hernia mesh is used.
- Intestinal obstruction: The small or large intestine can become blocked from scar tissue due to hernia mesh use.
- Tissue or organ perforation: An obstruction or another issue could damage tissues or organs.
- Adhesion occurs if any tissues or organs adhere to a hernia mesh implant.
- Hernia mesh shrinkage: If hernia mesh shrinks (contracts) within the body, it can cause internal injury.
- Hernia mesh migration: Organic and synthetic products can dissolve in the body, causing pieces to travel and potentially lead to organ problems.
- Hernia mesh rejection: When a patient’s body has an immune response to hernia mesh, the patient may experience pain, nausea, flu-like symptoms, and related symptoms.
A Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Hernia mesh-related complications and injuries can be severe. Some can be permanent, requiring surgery to fix, and others can be fatal.
If you lost a family member due to a hernia-mesh-related incident, we are very sorry for your loss and what you and your family must be going through right now. However, you have grounds for a wrongful death lawsuit, and if you would like to pursue it, our firm wants to help.
Pursuing Damages in Fort Worth Hernia Mesh Lawsuits
Your incident may have left you injured in many ways. You might have physical, emotional, and financial injuries. While a lawsuit certainly cannot make up for all these injuries, it can provide some compensation and possibly even some closure, so it is worth pursuing.
According to Texas law, a victim in a product liability case can recover compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses incurred due to the incident (such as the cost of a revision surgery)
- Income lost due to being unable to work after the incident
- Income, the victim, may lose in the future due to a decreased ability to earn income
- Any disability-related costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Wrongful Death Damages
Texas law also states that immediate family members of a victim in a wrongful death case can claim compensation. Compensation may help you support your family financially during this difficult time and into the future, and it may also help bring a sense of closure.
In your wrongful death lawsuit, you could pursue the following damages and possibly others:
- Any medical expenses incurred
- Funeral costs and related costs
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
- Loss of companionship and family support
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Time Limitations in Texas to File a Hernia Mesh Surgery Lawsuit
For a hernia mesh or wrongful death suit, there is a filing deadline a claimant must meet. If you can meet this deadline, your claim will be considered, and you will be eligible for damages. To help you meet the deadline, a Fort Worth hernia mesh lawsuit attorney from our firm can file your suit right away.
For any product liability lawsuit, the filing deadline is two years from the date of an incident or two years from the date a claimant discovers an incident-related injury, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003.
The same code applies to a wrongful death lawsuit, and the filing deadline is two years from the date of the loss of life.
About Our Lawyers for Hernia Mesh Cases
The lawyers at our firm regularly manage hernia mesh, wrongful death, and mass tort cases, so we know exactly how to manage your case for you. In addition, our team prepares every case for trial, so medical insurance companies know we intend to litigate if they do not offer to settle.
We are very confident we can help you with your case. We help many thousands of people like you each year in Texas alone. You should be confident we can help you pursue your due compensation. We also offer case consultations that are completely free with no obligation, so there is no reason to hesitate in taking your next step.
Discuss Your Claim with a Fort Worth Hernia Mesh Lawsuit Attorney Today
Contact our firm if you believe you or your loved one has a hernia mesh claim and want to pursue a lawsuit. Loncar Lyon Jenkins can consult with you and review your case at no charge. Then, if you decide to proceed, one of our Fort Worth hernia mesh lawsuit lawyers can get started on your case.
We can travel to any city or town in Texas to meet you about your case. That is how dedicated we are to assisting you. So, contact us today to learn about what can do for you and your case.