If you have been injured in a texting and driving accident in Frisco, you can make an insurance claim or bring a civil case against the individual who caused your injuries.
Our team of attorneys can help fight to protect your right to compensation and accurately calculate your damages. We can also help demonstrate the negligence of the liable party.
Seeking Compensation After a Texting While Driving Accident
Texas law gives you access to economic and non-economic damages after a negligent texting and driving accident. However, the damages you receive will be directly related to the unique forms of suffering you have endured. After all, no two accidents are exactly the same.
Recoverable damages can include:
- Medical bills, including the cost of long-term treatment, caregivers, and more
- Diminished quality of life
- Lost wages
- Negative effects on your ability to work in the future
- Damage to your personal property, including electronics and motor vehicle damage
- Treatment options to improve your quality of life while dealing with ongoing disabilities
- Making up for the psychological effects of physical disfigurements
- General mental anguish
- Loss of companionship
- And more
As you move forward with your case, you should do your best to keep track of any expenses, medical documents, work-related issues, and personal losses you have suffered as a result of your accident. Victims may find this to be a large undertaking, especially after suffering debilitating injuries.
We Will do All the Heavy Lifting for You
Fortunately, our law firm can be there to handle all of this for you. As we learn more about your damages, we can work to calculate your economic and non-economic losses.
For a free legal consultation with a Texting While Driving Accidents lawyer serving Frisco, call 877-239-4878
How Can Our Attorneys Investigate a Texting While Driving Accident?
Thankfully, the technology that makes texting and driving possible is the same technology that gives attorneys additional evidence to use in legal cases. Modern cell phones—particularly smartphones—leave behind all kinds of information that can be used to track a person’s actions, from GPS technology to archived data and beyond.
Even if the offender clears their messages in an attempt to hide their dangerous behavior, our law firm can go directly to the source and reach out to their cell phone provider. From there, we can work to gather the information we need to piece together the events leading up to the accident.
Ultimately, we can use different methods to investigate texting and driving accidents, including:
- Gathering statements from eyewitnesses
- Questioning inconsistencies in the other party’s version of events
- Accruing police reports
- Examining previous legal cases with similar circumstances
- Analyzing forensic examinations
- Looking at pictures and videos at the accident scene
- Pulling video evidence from traffic cameras and security cameras
- Gathering medical documents and testimony from medical professionals
- Reconstructing the accident, often with aid from expert witnesses
- Filing motions to obtain cell phone data
- And more
We’ve got You Covered
When you retain a Frisco texting while driving accident lawyer at our law firm, you get access to a wide variety of services. We can build your case from the ground up, negotiate settlements on your behalf, and present your case in trial.
Frisco Texting While Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Texting and Driving Laws in Frisco
While certain traffic laws only apply to the city of Frisco, texting and driving remains banned throughout the entire state of Texas.
According to Texas Transportation Code § 545.4251, here are some of the most important cell phone laws to keep in mind:
- Drivers are prohibited from using any handheld device in a school zone
- Drivers cannot send or receive text messages, emails, or any other form of electronic communication while driving
- Drivers under the age of 18 are prohibited from using handheld devices in any capacity
- After receiving your learner’s permit, you cannot use a cellphone at all during your first six months of driving
- If you are a school bus driver, you cannot use cell phones at all while children are present on the bus
- And more
If you retain an attorney at our firm, we can discuss the specific laws that apply to your individual situation. Meanwhile, you will be free to focus on recovering from your injuries and rebuilding your life.
Contact our Frisco Texting While Driving Accident Attorneys today
How a Lawyer From Our Firm Can Help
If you retain a Frisco texting and driving accident lawyer with our law firm, our legal team can assist with all the aspects of your case, including:
- Gathering physical, forensic, and circumstantial evidence
- Determining who was liable for your accident
- Providing legal advice throughout your proceedings
- Working with expert witnesses
- Litigating your case in civil court
- Communicating with the various parties in your case
- Filing insurance claims
- Helping you understand the different laws that may affect your case
- And more
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, texting and driving accident claims must be filed within two years of the accident in question. Any case filed outside that time frame is subject to dismissal.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Personal Injury Lawyers Fighting for Victims of Texting and Driving
Here at Loncar Lyon Jenkins, our attorneys take texting and driving seriously. Ever since we first opened our doors in 1988, we have consistently updated our legal services to keep up with the changing times and newfound threats that our communities face.
For more information about our legal services for texting and driving victims, contact a Loncar Lyon Jenkins representative today at (877) 239-4878 to get started with your free consultation.