After you or someone you love has been in an accident in an Uber, Lyft, or another rideshare service in Frisco, Texas, a personal injury lawyer from our firm can help you recover compensation for your resulting injuries. You may recover damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Damages in Uber and Lyft Accident Cases
There are two types of compensatory damages that you can recover through a personal injury lawsuit or claim: economic damages and non-economic damages, according to Cornell Law School’s Legal Information Institute (LII).
While economic damages compensate you for your past and future financial losses due to your injuries, non-economic damages compensate you for your emotional and mental losses.
Economic Compensatory Damages
You can recover economic damages, such as the following:
- Doctor and hospital bills
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy services
- Psychological services
- Surgery costs
- Medication costs
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Lost future earnings if you lost a loved one
- Out of pocket expenses
- Property damage
- Services required for your injuries
- Burial expenses if you lost a loved one
Non-Economic Compensatory Damages
Unlike economic damages, non-economic damages do not come with a price tag attached. Instead, this compensation goes to your physical pain, mental and emotional suffering, inconvenience, and loss of enjoyment of life.
Serious injuries can take a toll on your happiness and that of your family. You deserve compensation for this loss. If you lost a loved one in a rideshare accident, you can also recover damages for your late loved one’s pain and suffering, as well as your own.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft rideshare accidents lawyer serving Frisco, call 877-239-4878
How a Lawyer From Our Firm Can Help You
In order to recover damages on your behalf, our lawyer will need to prove that the party you are suing was negligent. Then, our lawyer will use this proof to get you the money you deserve.
We Will Investigate Your Rideshare Accident
First, we will investigate your rideshare accident. A rideshare accident can be confusing. You may question who is responsible for these accidents. In some cases, both the rideshare company and the rideshare driver may bear liability.
Instead of trying to sort out fault by yourself, let your lawyer with our firm thoroughly investigate your accident to get to the bottom of whose negligence caused your accident and injuries. The investigation may uncover proof of some of the following negligent driving behaviors listed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- Drunk or drug-impaired driving: If your rideshare driver was intoxicated at the time of your accident, then they may be responsible for your accident. If the driver who struck your rideshare was under the influence, then they may be responsible instead. An investigation can uncover evidence of drug or alcohol impairment with the help of police reports, medical records, and witness statements.
- Drowsy driving: Fatigued drivers can cause accidents due to their dulled senses and reflexes. Rideshare drivers may have long shifts at odd hours, which can cause fatigue that makes it unsafe to drive.
- Distracted driving: If your rideshare driver was talking on the phone, texting, messing with their GPS or the Lyft or Uber app, or otherwise distracted from the road at the time of your accident, then they may be responsible for your injuries.
- Aggressive driving: Sometimes, rideshare drivers speed, weave in traffic, tailgate, run red lights and stop signs, and otherwise drive aggressively. If your driver put you and others on the road at risk in these ways, then they may be responsible for your accident and injuries.
We Will Negotiate for What You Are Owed
Once we have built your case, we will negotiate with insurance companies for what you are owed. Insurance companies are businesses looking out for their bottom line—not for you.
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, you are our client, not the insurance company. We will fight to get you a fair settlement so that you can spend less time worrying and more time recovering with your loved ones.
We Will Seek Compensation on Your Behalf
Sometimes the insurance companies will still refuse to pay you what you are owed, even after negotiations. If this happens, we will take your case to court to argue for your rights.
We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of injured victims of negligence in Texas, and our reputation precedes us. Insurance companies know that the Strong Arm means business. We are not afraid of the courtroom and will not back down.
Frisco Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Legal Representation at No Financial Risk to You
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we take our cases on a contingent-fee basis. This means that we do not get paid unless or until you do. We work knowing that our fee is dependent on success in your case, so we are highly motivated to achieve the best possible outcome for you and your family.
Additionally, we offer free case evaluations to prospective clients. We will review your case and discuss your options for moving forward in pursuit of compensation. Since it is free, there is no risk in calling to learn more about what we can do to get you fair compensation.
Contact our Frisco Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Attorneys today
Call Today for Your Free Case Evaluation
To discuss your options after a Frisco, Texas Uber and Lyft rideshare accident, call Loncar Lyon Jenkins at (877) 239-4878 for a free consultation. Learn what we can do to help you and your family through this difficult time.