After you or someone you love has been in an accident in an Uber, Lyft, or another rideshare service in Frisco, Texas, a personal injury lawyer from our firm can help you recover compensation for your resulting injuries. You may recover damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, our personal injury attorneys handle crash cases when the at-fault party was a Lyft or Uber driver. We know how to navigate the process, identify the correct insurance coverage, and demand compensation to cover our client’s personal injury claims. Our law firm provides free consultations. Learn more about how our Frisco Uber and Lyft rideshare car accident lawyer can help with your case today.
Damages in Uber and Lyft Accident Cases
There are two types of compensatory damages that you can recover through a personal injury lawsuit or claim: economic damages and non-economic damages, according to Cornell Law School’s Legal Information Institute (LII).
While economic damages compensate you for your past and future financial losses due to your injuries, non-economic damages compensate you for your emotional and mental losses.
Economic Compensatory Damages
You can recover economic damages, such as the following:
- Doctor and hospital bills and other medical expenses
- Future medical bills
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy services
- Psychological services
- Surgery costs
- Medication costs
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Lost future earnings if you lost a loved one
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Property damage
- Services required for your injuries
- Burial expenses if you lost a loved one
Non-Economic Compensatory Damages
Unlike economic damages, non-economic damages do not have a price tag. Instead, this compensation goes to your physical pain, mental anguish, emotional suffering, inconvenience, and loss of enjoyment of life. Serious injuries can take a toll on your happiness and that of your family. You deserve compensation for this loss.
If you lost a loved one in a rideshare accident, you can also recover damages for your late loved one’s pain and suffering, as well as your own.
For a free legal consultation with a Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents lawyer serving Frisco, call 877-239-4878
How a Lawyer From Our Firm Can Help With Your Frisco Rideshare Case
To recover damages on your behalf, our lawyer will need to prove that the accused party was negligent. Then, our lawyer will use this proof to get you the money you deserve.
We Will Investigate Your Rideshare Accident
First, we will investigate your rideshare accident. A rideshare accident can be confusing. You may question who is responsible for these accidents. In some cases, the rideshare company and the drivers may bear liability.
Instead of trying to sort out fault by yourself, let your lawyer with our firm thoroughly investigate your accident to get to the bottom of whose negligence caused your accident and injuries. The investigation may uncover proof of some of the following negligent driving behaviors listed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- Drunk or drug-impaired driving: If your rideshare driver was intoxicated at the time of your accident, then they may be responsible for your accident. If the driver who struck your rideshare was under the influence, then they may be responsible instead. An investigation can uncover evidence of drug or alcohol impairment with the help of police reports, medical records, and witness statements.
- Drowsy driving: Fatigued drivers can cause accidents due to their dulled senses and reflexes. Rideshare drivers may have long shifts at odd hours, which can cause fatigue that makes it unsafe to drive.
- Distracted driving: If your rideshare driver was talking on the phone, texting, messing with their GPS or the Lyft or Uber app, or otherwise distracted from the road at the time of your accident, then they may be responsible for your injuries.
- Aggressive driving: Sometimes, rideshare drivers speed, weave in traffic, tailgate, run red lights and stop signs, and otherwise drive aggressively. If your driver puts you and others on the road at risk in these ways, then they may be responsible for your accident and injuries.
Often, crashes occur because the at-fault driver simply acted carelessly and violated a traffic law. Breaking basic traffic laws can lead to Lyft and Uber accidents because these laws exist to prevent crashes and control driver behaviors. For example, running a red light is the proximate cause of many intersection collisions. Even when a driver makes a simple mistake, we can show they were negligent and seek compensation for our client hurt in the crash.
We Will Negotiate for What You Are Owed
Once we have built your case, we will negotiate with insurance companies for what you are owed. Insurance companies are businesses looking out for their bottom line—not for you.
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, you are our client, not the insurance company. We will fight to get you a fair settlement so that you can spend less time worrying and more time recovering with your loved ones.
We Will Seek Compensation on Your Behalf
Sorting out which insurance policy will cover your rideshare accident claim is often more complex than showing who caused the crash. Rideshare drivers are independent contractors, meaning these cases vary from many commercial vehicle collision claims. The driver should have their own policy for when they are not logged into the app. Coverage at other times could include:
- A contingency policy provided by the company is available when the driver is on the app but not matched with a rider
- A primary liability policy that provides at least $1 million in coverage from the time they match with a rider until that rider leaves the vehicle
Sometimes the insurance companies will still refuse to pay you what you are owed, even after negotiations. If this happens, we will take your case to court to argue for your rights.
We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of injured victims of negligence in Texas, and our reputation precedes us. Insurance companies know that the Strong Arm means business. We are not afraid of the courtroom and will not back down.
Frisco Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Legal Representation at No Financial Risk to You
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we take our cases on a contingent-fee basis. This means that we do not get paid unless or until you do. We work knowing that our fee is dependent on success in your case, so we are highly motivated to achieve the best possible outcome for you and your family.
Additionally, we offer free case evaluations to prospective clients. We will review your case and discuss your options for moving forward in pursuit of compensation. Since it is free, there is no risk in calling to learn more about what we can do to get you fair compensation.
Contact our Frisco Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Attorneys today
Call Today for Your Free Case Evaluation
To discuss your options after a Frisco, Texas, Uber and Lyft rideshare accident, call Loncar Lyon Jenkins for a free consultation. Learn what we can do to help you and your family through this difficult time.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form