In Galveston, the weather typically allows boaters to go out on the water throughout much of the year. While boating can make for a fun activity, accidents can and do happen. When you or your loved ones suffer injuries from boating accidents, it can leave you with extensive medical bills. You can also lose your ability to work and earn an income.
A Galveston boating accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can stand by your side through this difficult time. Our attorneys understand what it takes to file a strong claim against the liable party. We can help you seek the compensation you need to pay for your medical bills or make up for the income you lose. In addition, we can fight for you to receive compensation for the physical and emotional turmoil the boating accident caused.
How Our Galveston Boating Accident Lawyers Can Help
Once you decide to hire a boating accident attorney in Galveston from our firm, we can start fighting for you to recover the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys can get started on your case immediately.
When you trust us to take on your boating accident case, you can expect us to do the following:
- Collect evidence to prove who caused the accident and your injuries.
- Identify and document the losses you sustained to ensure you seek compensation for all losses that you incurred.
- Speak to experts to determine the level of pain and suffering you experienced because of your injuries.
- Negotiate with the at-fault party’s counsel to reach a fair settlement.
Our legal team can manage the details of the case. When you choose our firm, you only have to focus on recovering from your injuries. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we have helped thousands of people injured in accidents. As a result, we understand the steps we need to take to help each client maximize the value of their case.
For a free legal consultation with a Boating Accidents lawyer serving Galveston, call 877-239-4878
How Much Compensation Could I Recover in a Galveston Boating Accident Claim?
Every accident is unique so there is no set amount of compensation for every boating injury. Speak to one of our attorneys to get a more accurate estimate of the potential value of your boating accident claim. We can review your recoverable damages to see how much compensation you could seek for your losses.
Examples of recoverable damages we could seek compensation for include:
- Medical expenses if you have to get treated by a medical professional after the accident
- Lost income if you cannot work while you focus on your recovery
- Rehabilitation service if you need physical or occupational therapy to regain full mobility
- Physical pain and suffering you experienced as a result of the injuries you sustained during the accident
- Emotional distress if you suffered from mental trauma because of the accident
- Loss of enjoyment if you can no longer enjoy life in the same capacity because of your injuries
When we build your case, we can focus on gathering enough evidence to prove you sustained these damages. For example, to prove you sustained medical expenses, we could provide your medical bills and receipts of payment. We can also speak to your employer and review pay stubs to determine how much compensation you lost due to your inability to work.
Your injuries could cause you to miss work for a long time. We can include the costs of future damages, such as projected medical bills and lost income in your claim. As a result, you can ensure you seek compensation for all losses you will sustain because of your injuries.
Galveston Boating Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Common Causes of Boating Accidents
Boating accidents can occur for several reasons. Our Galveston boating accident attorneys can investigate your incident to determine its cause. By determining the cause of the accident, we can identify the liable party. It’s important we identify the correct liable party so we know who to file the boating accident claim against.
According to the U.S. Coast Guard, common causes of boating accidents include:
- Distracted driving: If the boat driver doesn’t watch where they go when driving the boat, they could crash into another boat or object.
- Operator inexperience: Boating has a lot of safety procedures and laws that drivers must follow. When a driver doesn’t have a lot of experience operating a boat, they could cause an accident.
- Excessive speeding: Similar to motor vehicles, when a boat speeds excessively, its stopping distance could decrease. If an unknown object appears or another boat drives in the way, the driver won’t have enough time to stop before colliding with the object or other boat.
- Driving while intoxicated: Many people consume alcohol when riding on boats. Unfortunately, the driver of the boat sometimes also participates in consuming alcohol. This can impair their judgment significantly. If an impaired driver operates a boat, they could cause a catastrophic accident.
- Poor boat maintenance: Like land vehicles, the boat’s owner must continuously ensure they keep up on maintaining the boat. If not, the equipment could fail. Sometimes, boat accidents occur because of defective equipment.
Regardless of how you sustained injuries, you can count on us to help you. We have strong boat accident investigators on our team that can get to the bottom of what happened.
Contact our Galveston Boating Accident Attorneys today
Contact Our Galveston Boating Accident Attorneys Today
If you or your loved ones have sustained injuries in a boating accident, you may be owed money for your losses. A Galveston boating accident attorney from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you seek justice. Our attorneys can stand up for your rights and demand the liable party compensate you.
Contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins for a free consultation from a boating accident lawyer today. You can ask us questions about your case, and we can provide answers. Our attorneys won’t let the liable party get away with hurting you without a fight. Texas Law states you have two years to file a lawsuit against the responsible party. Contact us soon so we have time to build a solid case.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form