Driving while intoxicated (DWI) is a dangerous activity that is a serious threat to drivers and pedestrians in Texas. If you or your loved one was one of the victims of a DWI accident in Houston, you may be entitled to representation from a lawyer with Loncar Lyon Jenkins. We can help you recover the compensation you need to get back on your feet.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire Loncar Lyon Jenkins for Representation?
If you are nervous about hiring our firm due to the fees, don’t be. We work on contingency, which means:
- You get a free, no-obligation consultation when you call us.
- We don’t charge you anything out of pocket, upfront, or hourly.
- We will take a prior agreed-upon percentage out of your final award for our services.
- If you don’t get compensated, we don’t get paid.
This payment structure is risk-free. This way, you can focus on getting better while we focus on advocating for you.
For a free legal consultation with a DWI Accidents lawyer serving Houston, call 877-239-4878
How a DWI Lawyer on Our Houston Team Can Represent You After an Accident
There may be a spectrum of personal injury cases when it comes to the strength of any given case. If somebody was proven to be intoxicated at the time of an accident that caused you or your loved one to be injured or killed, you could have a straightforward case of negligence.
An intoxicated driver may have put you at a foreseeable risk of harm. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) notes that alcohol impairs a driver’s capabilities in several ways. If you choose to work with a lawyer with our firm, you can expect them to:
- Present your case, arguing that the defendant(s) placed you in foreseeable harm’s way—in both written and oral formats
- Negotiate a settlement with the attorneys for the defendant if they feel that you have a strong case of the other party’s wrongdoing
- Collect evidence to present during settlement negotiations or at trial, should your lawsuit require a trial stage
- Present witness accounts that support your case for awards
- Manage all communication with the other parties
- Handle all other legal responsibilities that may be necessary to complete your lawsuit
- Defend your rights throughout their time as your legal representative
Houston DWI Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Forms of Damages You Can Recover in a DWI Case
The damages you can recover depend on the severity of your injuries, the nature of the accident, insurance policy limits, and your non-economic and economic losses.
You can request compensation for:
- The cost of diagnosing and treating your injuries
- The cost of rehabilitating your injuries
- The cost that you incurred from missing work and the paychecks you receive from working
- Any future losses you anticipate, such as lost income
- A diminished quality of life, which may include your pain and suffering
- Any additional losses inflicted upon you by an impaired driver
Your loved one might have lost their life due to the accident. In that case, a lawyer with our firm can seek to recover the costs of:
- The decedent’s funeral and burial arrangements
- Your loved one’s medical needs
- Loss of consortium
- Financial support
Contact our Houston DWI Accident Attorneys today
Drunk Drivers Put All Houstonians at Risk
Drunk drivers put other drivers and their passengers at risk. They may also:
- Put pedestrians near a road at risk of being struck and killed
- Put family members at risk of losing a loved one in a drunk driving accident
- Put themselves and their family members at risk of losing them in an accident or because of incarceration
Drunk driving is illegal in Texas and could warrant a Class B misdemeanor (or an array of other more serious charges), as detailed by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC). Although a criminal conviction won’t compensate you for your damages, it can bolster your civil case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Numerous Parties May Be Responsible in a DWI Incident
Choosing to drive a vehicle while intoxicated is irresponsible. People who make this choice may be held responsible when caught, especially if they cause an accident resulting in injury or death. However, they may not be the only responsible party.
Closer examination of how a person became intoxicated and how they were permitted to drive (assuming they were not alone at the time they departed in a vehicle) may reveal other responsible parties, such as:
- Anyone (such as a bartender or owner of a bar) who served the person an open container or glass of alcohol once it was clear that the other party was intoxicated
- Any non-parent who provided alcohol to a minor that later hit you
- Anyone (such as a liquor store cashier or bartender) who served the person who caused your accident a closed portion of alcohol, if they already appeared intoxicated
A Houston DWI accident lawyer on our team may be able to identify more parties who might be responsible for the accident that caused your or your loved one’s injuries.
How Can We Prove That These Parties are Responsible for the Accident?
Evidence will serve as the backbone for your case, as it will help point to the liable party’s negligence. To prove your case, we can use:
- Video footage of the accident
- Photos of the accident scene
- The crash report
- The toxicology report
- Witness accounts of the accident and whoever was with the defendant prior to the accident
- Medical records
- Cell phone records
- Other forms of documentation that indicate or prove that the defendant in your case was, in fact, intoxicated at the time of your accident
Once we have gathered the evidence, we can apply the following four elements to prove negligence:
- The other party had a duty of care.
- They failed to maintain that duty of care.
- They caused an accident and you sustained injuries.
- You are now dealing with financial and non-financial repercussions.
Bringing a Lawsuit Against the Liable Party
Even though many cases close before the trial stage, there are times in which negotiations don’t work out in our favor, and we have to file a lawsuit.
To file either a personal injury and wrongful death lawsuit, Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 enforces a general two-year deadline. Even though there are exceptions to this time limit, they are rare. In any case, it is crucial to follow them. Otherwise, you jeopardize your right to compensation. This could leave you to pay for all the damages.
If you let us know about your accident soon enough, a lawyer with our firm can help you submit everything on time.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today for a Free Consultation
We take the safety and rights of all of our clients seriously. Our team would take it to heart if an intoxicated driver put your health and life at risk or killed your loved one because of their recklessness.
Call in the Strong Arm at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878 for more information about how a lawyer on our Houston team may be able to aid your search for financial justice after a DWI accident. The first consultation is free.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form