Slip and fall accidents often occur because of unexpected hazards in public places, such as stores, restaurants, and other businesses. “Slip and fall” is a term that refers to a personal injury case in which a victim slips or trips on another person’s property and sustains an injury as a result.
If you’ve been hurt in a slip and fall accident in League City, you may be able to hold a negligent property owner liable for your losses. A League City slip and fall lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you weigh your legal options and navigate the complicated, often time-consuming insurance claims or lawsuit process. We will work on your behalf to recover the compensation you deserve.
How Our League City Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Help
As noted, slip and fall accidents are a leading cause of unintentional injury. If a fall could have been prevented had a League City property owner engaged in reasonable care, you can request compensation from an insurer or liable party. Slip and fall cases fall under the legal concept of premises liability.
Working with our lawyer on your League City slip and fall case ensures you have a legal professional looking out for your interests. Our attorneys handle these cases regularly, so we know how to go about proving negligence in your accident. In addition, our League City slip and fall attorney can help you in the following ways:
- The property owner may attempt to blame you for your fall and related injuries, which could mitigate your financial recovery. Our lawyer can gather evidence to prove the owner’s negligence.
- You may not know how to calculate the total value of your League City slip and fall injury claim or lawsuit. Our attorney can assess your damages and estimate what your case is worth.
- More than one party may have been negligent and contributed to your accident and, therefore, would be financially responsible for your injuries. We will identify all liable parties.
- We can deal with an insurance company for you and negotiate with its representatives on your behalf.
Our Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Start on Your Case Today
We work on contingency, so we can start on your case without any upfront costs or fees. We receive payment only if you recover financial awards.
In general, our primary objectives are to:
- Determine the cause of your accident
- Identify who is liable for the accident
- Demand compensation from any party who contributed to your injuries
When proving liability, it is typically necessary to show the defendant’s negligence caused your accident. This requires us to establish the following:
- The property’s owner owed you a duty of care and breached or violated that duty, possibly because of a hazard or obstacle on their property.
- The property owner’s violation directly caused your injury (injuries).
- You incurred verifiable damages because of your accident-related injuries.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
What Compensation Can You Receive After a League City Slip and Fall Accident?
You shouldn’t underestimate the potential long-term costs of injuries related to a slip and fall accident. You might require extensive treatment and, at the same time, be forced to take time off work. The resulting trauma can also profoundly affect you psychologically and hinder you from engaging in activities you enjoyed.
You risk not receiving the money you deserve if you try to estimate the value of your injury claim on your own. Our lawyers will seek compensation on your behalf, including but not limited to your:
- Medical bills, including emergency care, hospital stay, doctor’s visits, rehab, prescription drugs, etc.
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Long-term or permanent disability
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Loss of companionship
Texas Has a Statute of Limitations Deadline for League City Injury Cases
Texas limits your time to sue over your slip and fall injuries. Aside from any exceptions that may apply, you have just two years from your accident’s date to initiate a lawsuit, per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. Once this period passes, the court will likely dismiss attempts to seek compensation.
Please don’t let your legal right to compensation expire. Instead, we encourage you to promptly contact our League City slip and fall lawyers after your accident to ensure you can pursue your injury case.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries in League City
A property owner’s negligence in maintaining safe premises can increase the risk of slips and falls happening in League City. The most common causes of these accidents include:
- Snow and ice on stairs, sidewalks, and parking lots
- Greasy, oily, or waxy floors
- Wet, slippery floors
- Food debris on the floor
- Hazardous staircases
- Uneven curbs and sidewalks
- Exposed wires and cords
- Loose rugs or carpeting
Common Injuries in League City Slip and Fall Cases
Depending on the slip and fall, the victim’s age, their health status, and other factors, injuries that this type of accident causes can be severe. Common injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Cuts, scrapes, and deep lacerations
- Muscle sprains and strains
- Elbow injuries
- Leg and ankle injuries
- Tailbone injuries
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
In particularly severe cases, slip and fall accidents in League City can cause catastrophic and enduring injuries. For example, if the victim strikes their head in a fall, it could cause a traumatic brain injury and permanent brain damage.
Broken Bones Related to Slip and Fall Accidents
Broken bones are very common in slip and fall accidents. Hip fractures can be especially severe, and many older adults can no longer live independently after breaking a hip. Falls are also one of the leading causes of death among senior adults, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Spinal Cord Injuries After a Slip and Fall
A slip and fall-related spinal injury can dramatically impact one’s quality of life and ability to work, often permanently. Individuals who suffer slip and fall accidents also commonly report incurring these injuries, which can lead to many secondary health conditions, such as:
- Impaired coordination and difficulty walking
- Loss of limb function
- Full or partial paralysis
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Ongoing pain and suffering due to nerve damage
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
Traumatic Brain Injuries From a Slip and Fall
Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can occur when something suddenly and forcefully hits or pierces a person’s head and brain. Severity can range from mild to severe and cause temporary loss of consciousness. These injuries can also include changes in behavior and thinking patterns, headaches, nausea and vomiting, slurred speech, seizures, coma, and other serious or catastrophic health complications.
Call Us Today to Learn How Our League City Slip and Fall Attorney Can Help
It can take a significant amount of time to heal from a slip and fall accident. Instead of worrying about navigating complex legal claims, you should be focused on your recovery. With our League City slip and fall lawyer working for you, you will gain valuable time to get your life back on track and have someone fighting for your financial recovery.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins for legal help today. We offer a free and confidential consultation where you can explore your potential case. We will thoroughly review your accident’s circumstances and determine the legal options that could resolve your case.