If you or a loved one was injured in this type of accident, a Lubbock accident caused by high winds lawyer from Loncar Associates can help. We understand these types of cases are often complex and we will work to identify all potential sources of compensation and negotiate for a fair outcome.
Call our team today at (877) 239-4878to get started on the claims process.
Dangers of High Winds While Driving
High winds can make the roads around Lubbock and surrounding areas dangerous. Some of the dangers of high winds include:
- Difficulty controlling vehicles – At higher winds, vehicles are more difficult to control. The vehicle may become unstable and the driver may collide with others on the roadway.
- Increased possibility of rollover – Some vehicles may even roll over when high winds strike. SUVs have a higher likelihood of rolling over, and harsher winds can further increase this likelihood. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration reports that winds greater than 25 mph can “inhibit the maneuverability and stability of high-profile vehicles [like tractor-trailers].”
- Lack of foreseeability – In many cases, high winds can form quickly, giving drivers on the road little warning or ability to react to them.
- Decreased visibility – High winds may blow dust or debris around, making it more difficult for drivers to see and avoid hazards.
- Lack of skill – Some drivers are not accustomed to driving amid high winds and may not alter their normal driving behaviors when confronting this phenomenon. For example, they may continue speeding or traveling at a speed that is too high for the dangers present during high winds. Drivers are expected to take weather conditions into account when driving.
- Danger zones – Highways, bridges, and overpasses can create a vortex that magnifies the force of the wind.
The team at Loncar Associates will determine how your accident occurred. Call (877) 239-4878 today to get started.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Possible Injuries You May Have Suffered in Your High Wind Accident
Wind-related collisions may cause serious injuries because of the high speeds involved. Accident victims may suffer injuries such a:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
- Organ damage and other internal injuries
No type of injury is too much for our personal injury team to handle. We work with more than 7,000 clients every year who suffer from the types of injuries listed above, as well as many others. We will work to secure fair compensation to help pay for the damages you sustained.
Potential Damages in High Wind Accidents
Texas allows personal injury victims to recover compensation for compensable injuries that are divided into two groups:
The first group is called economic damages, financial losses that you suffered as a result of the accident. For example, Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §41.0105 states that you can recover the amount of money you pay for medical expenses stemming from your injuries. Other economic damages include:
- Costs to repair or replace your vehicle
- Lost wages due to missed work
- Lost earning capacity for the difference between the earnings you were expected to make during your lifetime before the injury and now
Under Texas law, you can also recover for damages you suffer that are not directly tied to a specific number, such as your physical pain and suffering and mental anguish.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Legal Challenges of High Wind Cases and How Our Team Can Help
High wind accident claims may involve complex legal challenges. Your Lubbock accident caused by high winds lawyer can rise to these challenges and provide sound legal advice and representation. Some of the challenges these cases may present include:
Denial of Liability
Some insurance companies may try to avoid paying on claims of this nature by stating that the high winds were “an act of God.” However, drivers must adjust their driving behavior when dangers are present, including high winds. Our lawyers will fight for fair compensation when your accident was caused by a negligent driver.
Involvement of the Commercial Truck Industry
Since many high wind accidents involve commercial trucks, you may find yourself up against an intimidating industry and its insurers. Having your own legal advocate who can investigate the accident, gather evidence, and negotiate for a fair settlement can give you peace of mind.
Filing a Claim Against the Government
In some high wind accident cases, the underlying cause of the accident may be poor roadway design that placed motorists at an unreasonable risk of harm. You may have a claim against the governmental agency that was responsible for road design.
In other situations, buses or government vehicles may cause a crash. Suing a governmental entity involves different procedures and deadlines than filing against an individual passenger vehicle operator.
Contact Us Today for Help
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident caused by high winds, a Lubbock accident caused by high winds lawyer from Loncar Associates can help. We understand the complex legal and factual issues involved in these types of cases. We will fight until we secure fair compensation on your behalf.
We work on a contingency-fee-basis, so you do not pay any fees unless and until we recover compensation on your behalf. Contact our firm today at (877) 239-4878 to speak to a member of our team. Your lawyer can perform the following actions for you:
- Educate you about your options
- Protect your legal rights
- Represent you in court, if necessary
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf