A defect in a motor vehicle or a vehicle component can be the cause of an accident, which may result in you or a loved one being injured or killed. A vehicle or parts manufacturer could be financially responsible for the harm that they have caused, and a Lubbock accident caused by manufacturer defect lawyer may be able to help you survey your options for seeking compensation.
Do not wait to call in the Strong Arm by contacting the team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins to find out how we will assist you or your loved one. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation about your accident.
Vehicle Manufacturers Can Make Errors
Those who manufacture vehicles should be subject to the highest safety standards, as the consequences of an unsafe vehicle could be one or more human lives being lost. And yet, vehicle recalls occur on a regular basis, indicating that vehicles, in general, may be less safe than most consumers would like to believe.
According to USA Today, vehicle recalls issued in July 2020 alone include vehicle models from:
- Land Rover
Issues affecting these vehicles include outlets overheating, engine components coming loose, unexpected vehicle movement while the car is in the park position, and doors being unlatched despite the appearance that they are closed. This is only one single month’s worth of recalls, which provides an alarming basis for projecting how many vehicle defects currently exist without motorists being aware of them.
Defects in certain vehicle components may have a greater potential to cause harm than others. Some of the vehicle components that may be especially hazardous if defective are:
- Steering columns and steering wheels
- Safety equipment such as airbags and seatbelts
- Windshields and windshield wipers
- Door-latching mechanisms
Even seemingly innocuous vehicle components could pose a serious health hazard, and may be reason to bring legal action against the vehicle and parts manufacturer.
Vehicle and Parts Manufacturers May Be Liable for Defective Parts
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) (p. 1) states that vehicle manufacturers have several duties when it comes to their vehicles’ safety. These include:
- Detecting defects in vehicles through testing before the vehicles reach the market as well as after they have been released for sale
- Soliciting tips from the public and regulatory agencies about potential safety defects in their vehicles
- Taking the steps to fix defects in vehicles at no cost to vehicle owners
Even if vehicles or specific parts manufacturers abide by these steps, they may be held responsible for any harm that comes because of a defective part before the manufacturer issues a recall and fixes the defect. Your specific case may dictate whether a vehicle manufacturer, the producer of a specific component, or both are responsible for any damage that the defect causes.
A Lubbock accident caused by manufacturer defect lawyer may be able to help you initiate any legal action that you choose to pursue. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a Manufacturer Defect Accidents lawyer serving Lubbock, call 877-239-4878
A Defective Vehicle Could Cause Serious Losses
It is possible that a defective vehicle or vehicle part could be the direct cause of a serious accident. Some scenarios that reflect the potential risks of a defective vehicle part include:
- Brakes giving out or locking up, causing a high-speed collision
- A steering wheel locking, preventing you from turning or swerving
- A windshield cracking or breaking unexpectedly, which could lead you to be in an accident
- Safety gear such as an airbag failing to deploy in the case of an accident, which could worsen the injuries that you suffer
You or a loved one could be experiencing substantial losses as the result of one or more defective vehicle parts. Depending on the nature and severity of your injuries, you may be facing:
- Injuries that cause great pain
- Injuries that restrict you physically
- A period where you are not able to work because of your injuries
- The prospect of losing your job if you are not able to work for a significant period of time
- Mounting medical bills
- Substantial harm to your mental health
- Undesirable changes in your mood and personality
- Changes in your role as a parent, spouse, sibling, friend, and person
- An overall decline in your quality of life
A lawyer may calculate the sum of your losses stemming from an accident caused by some sort of defective vehicle component. They may use this tally of losses as the centerpiece for negotiations with the lawyers for those responsible for your losses.
Your Lawyer May Fight for Fair Compensation
The stakes that exist in a defective vehicle part lawsuit may be even greater than other motor vehicle-related lawsuits. You may be aiming to hold a vehicle or parts manufacturer responsible on behalf of all of those who have been and may currently be at risk by the defective component.
Your lawyer may fight for compensation that reflects your losses as well as the level of danger you were put in because of the defective vehicle component. Some of your lawyer’s duties could include:
- Gathering evidence that the part actively malfunctioned or did not perform as it should have
- Determining the chain of responsibility for the defective vehicle component
- Documenting your injuries and forming an argument for why your injuries are the result of the defective component
- Negotiating a compensation settlement with attorneys for defendants in your lawsuit
- Taking your case to trial if necessary
- Handling all legal responsibilities necessary to complete your lawsuit
Your lawyer’s general role will be to defend your rights, guide you through the legal process, and help obtain any compensation that you are entitled to.
Lubbock Manufacturer Defect Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
Having a Lubbock accident caused by manufacturer defect lawyer fight for you could allow you to focus on recovery while simultaneously seeking compensation. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation about our legal services.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form