If you or a loved one in Lubbock was injured as a pedestrian, you could file a personal injury claim or lawsuit to recover compensation. An accident lawyer from our firm can fight for damages on your behalf. We can seek recovery for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and other related losses.
Our Firm Strives to Make Legal Aid Accessible
Some accident victims refrain from calling law firms because they think they cannot afford representation. We work on a contingency-fee-basis, so:
- We don’t require upfront fees or retainers.
- We get paid from your final settlement.
- We can’t win your case? No problem. You don’t pay our attorney’s fees.
At the beginning of our partnership, we’ll outline our terms of payment. That way, you know exactly what to expect.
For a free legal consultation with a Pedestrian Accidents lawyer serving Lubbock, call 877-239-4878
We Can Pursue Compensation for Your Damages
Following a pedestrian accident, you may be faced with a variety of damages, such as:
- Current and future medical costs
- Lost wages
- Lost potential future earnings
- Property damage expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
Our team is prepared to gather evidence that proves the cost of your damages and the other party’s role in your accident. We will use police reports, surveillance video, photographs, eyewitness testimony, and more to establish these factors.
Lubbock Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
You Have a Two-Year Window to File Your Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit
If you’re unable to recover compensation through insurance negotiations, you may need to file a lawsuit. According to Texas Civil Practice & Remedies Code §16.003, you generally have two years from the date of your accident or loved one’s passing to do this. Negotiating a settlement, interviewing witnesses, and getting treatment do not extend this deadline.
By failing to file your case in the appropriate manner, the courts may refuse to hear your case. This would leave you with few (if any) financial recovery options.
Acting Promptly Could Be in Your Best Interest
Aside from the two-year deadline, pursuing legal action in a timely manner helps because:
- It allows for the collection of time-sensitive evidence, like traffic camera footage
- It gives your lawyer in Lubbock ample time to build your pedestrian accident case
- It gives you options that otherwise may not be available
Our team is ready to start your case as soon as you give us a call.
Contact our Lubbock Pedestrian Accident Attorneys today
How Can Our Pedestrian Accident Team in Lubbock Support Your Case?
Here are just some of the ways that we’ll pursue compensation on your behalf:
We Can Prove Negligence in Your Injury Case
If you suffered injuries in a pedestrian accident, Loncar Lyon Jenkins can fight to secure compensation from the at-fault party. Typically, most personal injury claims are filed under the basis of negligence, as explained by the American Bar Association (ABA).
This involves showing:
- You were owed a duty of care
- The other party failed to uphold this obligation
- You were hurt in a pedestrian accident
- You suffered injury-related losses
Understanding these concepts can be difficult without our firm on your side. Yet, you don’t have to learn the law to recover compensation through a claim or lawsuit. You can have our team handle that for you.
We Can Determine Who Caused Your Accident
Our investigation might reveal that one or more of the following parties caused your accident:
- A car, truck, bus, motorcycle, or bike operator on the road
- A company employee working under their employer’s scope
- A construction worker working on or near a job site
- A local municipality that designed a defective or hazardous crosswalk
Additionally, even if you were partially at fault in the accident, you may still be able to collect damages. Texas operates under a modified comparative negligence doctrine. This means that if your negligence did not primarily cause the pedestrian accident, you can still collect a financial award.
We Can File Your Insurance Claim
To advance your insurance claim, we will:
- Handle your claim’s paperwork
- Identify the liable party
- Present the claims adjuster with evidence
- Negotiate a settlement
- Protect you from bad faith insurance practices
- Update you on any potential offers
- Determine how your portion of fault affects your case
Insurance companies make money from selling policies – not paying out claims. As such, they will do anything to protect their bottom line, even taking advantage of injured people and their loved ones. Let our team handle the insurance company. You stay at home and spend time with your family.
We Can File Your Civil Lawsuit
If we can’t settle your case through insurance negotiations, we will:
- File your lawsuit in civil court
- Take depositions from the other party’s witnesses
- Cross-examine witnesses
- Show the judge and jury your case’s evidence
- Object to any unfair motions or questions
- Argue your case
We will continue negotiating even after we appear in court. The insurance company may agree to our terms once they see that Loncar Lyon Jenkins doesn’t play games.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Here’s What Our Former Clients Had to Say About Us
When we say that we’re committed to our clients’ success, you don’t just have to take our word for it. Take a look at some of our reviews:
- “Mr. Tony Sanchez is top notch in customer service! He is an experienced and very knowledgeable lawyer. I would value his expertise if I would ever need any assistance in this field again. Thank you!” – Chester C.
- “The professionals at Loncar took care of my personal injury claim with efficiency. I feel confident to say that they worked diligently to get me fair results.” – Christal N.
- “Very informative and helpful. Was able to assist with any questions I had about the case. Chad and his Team, I would highly recommend.” – Eric M.
Get the Answers to These Questions Right Now
Got questions about your pedestrian accident in Lubbock? We’ve got answers. Here are some of our most frequently-asked questions:
How Much Can You Get for Your Accident-Related Losses?
Without evaluating your accident and injuries, we can’t give a confident answer to this question. We will fight for every dollar you are owed after calculating the value of your damages. These factors could add to the overall value of your case:
- Your injuries
- Your recovery period
- Your mobility, day-to-day function, and quality of life
- The treatment you needed
How Long does It Take to Get a Pedestrian Accident Settlement?
Once we take your case, we’ll immediately put it in motion. Yet, while our team prides itself on timeliness, some factors could prolong the duration of your case, including:
- The insurer’s willingness to settle
- The value of your losses
- Your case’s statute of limitations
- The availability of some evidence
- The severity of your injuries
We will prevent the insurance company from unnecessarily dragging out your case.
How Much Is Your Pain and Suffering Worth?
Just like the overall value of your case, we’ll calculate your pain and suffering based on the circumstances of your accident. We’ll take into account your missed time from work, medical treatment costs, and relationships.
Call the Strong Arm Today
Our team is standing by 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to take your call. To learn more about working with our firm, dial (877) 239-4878.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form