Obeying the traffic signs and signals on the roads and highways is critical for everyone’s safety. It is possible for you to have a serious injury if someone does not heed the traffic signals. If a motorist struck you after running through a stop signal, then you can seek compensation.
A McAllen running a stop signal accident lawyer at the Loncar Lyon Jenkins can show you that there is hope for you to recover monetarily. Our car accident lawyers have worked with thousands of clients over the years and are prepared to take on the legal tasks of building a case. However, you will be given one-on-one attention that is both personable and constructive.
Our Texas-based firm works on a contingency basis. The McAllen running a stop signal accident lawyer only charges once we collect from your case. We will also give you a free case consultation so that you can understand your case better.
Traffic Signals and Their Meanings
Three main traffic signals are common anywhere you go:
- Red light: It is expected that people are aware that you stop at a red traffic signal. In some cases, you can make a right turn at a red light if no cars are coming.
- Yellow light: The yellow traffic light indicates that it is almost time to stop; the light will turn red soon. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), a solid yellow arrow means the light will soon turn red, and you must be ready to stop. A flashing yellow arrow means you may make a left turn, but you must first yield to traffic with the right of way traveling through the intersection.
- Green light: When you see the green light, you can proceed cautiously. You never know if someone will go through a traffic light, so be cautious when accelerating.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Failure to Stop for Traffic Signals
Accidents can result from people running a stop signal or failing to stop, both of which violate traffic laws. Some lead to fatalities, while others lead to serious or non-serious injuries. The Insurance Information Institute (III) presents data concerning accidents and their causes. There were 1,990 people who died because they did not obey traffic signs, signals, or officers directing traffic in 2018. This may be the closest category that provides some data on how many fatalities occur from people running a stop signal.
Other examples of why a negligent driver would run a stop signal and cause an auto accident include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk Driving
- Road rage
- Failing to abide by the speed limit
Our lawyers will pursue the responsible parties for financial compensation.
Common Injuries From a Running a Stop Signal Car Accident
The injuries caused by someone running through a traffic stop signal can be extremely serious because the car running the red light could have been going full speed when you are just starting to accelerate, like when a speeding car hits a still object. Some people could lose their lives when this occurs. Some of the other physical injuries that may happen in this situation may include:
- Neck or shoulder injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Head injuries, such as a concussion or traumatic brain injuries
- Cuts, bruises, or burns
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
In addition to physical damages, you could also experience emotional trauma and mental anguish. This comes from the trauma associated with being struck suddenly. You may have flashbacks, anxiety, PTSD, and even depression due to the accident. Our accident attorneys can go after non-economic damages to account for these losses.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
The Law Is on Your Side in a Running a Stop Signal Car Accident Case
In Texas and every state, you can file a personal injury case if you have been in a motor vehicle accident where someone ran through the stop signal. According to Texas Civil Practice & Remedies Code Annotated §16.003(a), you generally have up to two years to file your claim and seek damages. By hiring a McAllen running a stop signal accident lawyer, you can focus on your recuperation while the attorneys handle filing paperwork, making calls, and dealing with the negotiations.
Potential Compensation for a Running a Stop Signal Car Accident
Your potential compensation from an insurance claim or an accident lawsuit depends on the extent of your accident injuries and how they affect your quality of life. Our personal injury attorneys can seek the following damages to help you access the medical care you need and get your life back on track:
- The cost of current and ongoing medical treatments, including physical therapy, emergency room care, surgeries, medications, doctor’s appointments
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Emotional distress
Other accident-related losses may also warrant fair compensation from a negligent party. Our personal injury lawyers can establish that they owed you a duty of care, breached that duty, and caused your accident injuries.
If you lost a loved one to a fatal accident, we can also help you seek wrongful death damages. Under Texas law, you also generally have up to two years to file this claim.
A Lawyer Can Assist With Building Your McAllen Car Accident Case
At the Loncar Lyon Jenkins, a McAllen running a stop signal accident lawyer can help you build your case with evidence. They can manage all the evidence gathering and prepare the paperwork for negotiations with the other driver’s insurance company to help you receive compensation for your losses.
Some of these tasks include:
- Assessing the validity of your case
- Proving the other party’s liability
- Collecting police reports, if applicable
- Gathering evidence for the case
- Interviewing eyewitnesses
- Obtaining your medical records
- Scheduling medical testing
- Preparing and filing court papers
- Representing you in court, if necessary
Begin Your McAllen Car Accident Case With Loncar Lyon Jenkins
Start filing today with Loncar Lyon Jenkins, where we can help you through the legal process and better understand your rights. We will work for you to receive fair compensation for your injuries and notify you of any updates on your case every step of the way.
Our McAllen running a stop signal accident lawyer is standing by and ready to assist you with a free case consultation. Contact us today.