Fatigued and drowsy driving is a serious issue on the roadways of Plano. A fatigued or drowsy person will exhibit some of the same physical issues that make drunk driving so dangerous. From poor reaction times to falling asleep at the wheel, these motorists are responsible for devastating and even fatal vehicle accidents.
If you were involved in a collision with a fatigued driver, you deserve to be compensated for your injuries. Driving while fatigued is risky and irresponsible, and you should not bear the brunt of your medical bills and other costs associated with the accident. Let a Plano driver fatigue accident lawyer at Loncar Lyon Jenkins help you in your pursuit of justice.
Compensation You Could Seek After an Accident in Plano
Accidents can result in devastating injuries and losses. We can help you recover the following forms of compensation:
- Medical bills, including emergency room treatment, surgeries, hospitalization, visits to a doctor, physical therapy, medications, and more
- Property damage costs, including the cost to replace or repair your vehicle
- Pain and suffering damages, reflecting your physical and emotional anguish
- Lost wages, including income lost due to your accident
We can tell you more about forms of compensation you may be able to seek in your case.
For a free legal consultation with a driver fatigue accidents lawyer serving Plano, call 800-777-7777
Establishing Negligence in a Driver Fatigue Accident
If you are involved in a vehicle collision with a fatigued driver, they could face civil liability for any injuries they cause. For your claim to be successful, you must first demonstrate that they were operating their vehicle in a negligent manner. There are four elements to establishing negligence:
- Duty of care. Every driver owes one another a duty to operate their vehicle in a safe manner. For that reason, this element is rarely at issue in fatigued driver accident cases.
- Breach. The central aspect of many accident cases is proving the duty of care was breached by the other driver. Evidence that the other driver was fatigued or asleep at the wheel could meet this element.
- Causation. There must be a causal link between a drowsy driver’s breached duty and the injuries you suffered.
- Damages. Finally, you must show that your damages led to compensable monetary damages like lost wages or medical expenses.
A Plano driver fatigue accident lawyer from our firm could play a vital role in establishing each of these elements.
Plano Driver Fatigue Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
Causes of Fatigued Driving that You Can Include in Your Claim
There are a variety of factors that go into fatigued driving. Often, fatigue is related to an individual’s work history. Drivers that worked long shifts or work overnight could face an increased risk of fatigued driving. This is especially challenging for individuals that work multiple jobs across several shifts.
Work is not the only factor in chronic sleep deprivation. Some people consider sleep a luxury they cannot afford. By spending their time raising children, dealing with household chores, and spending time on a hobby, these people could disrupt their circadian rhythm and miss out on valuable sleep. This chronic lack of sleep could result in fatigue that will last for more than just a single day.
Sleep disorders also frequently play a part in daytime fatigue. In fact, many individuals with these conditions do not realize the impact they have on their health. Some sleep conditions could leave a person fatigued despite getting a full night’s sleep each evening. This is especially common with conditions like sleep apnea or restless leg syndrome.
Alcohol and other substances can also play a part in causing fatigue. Certain prescription drugs also warn of the possibility of fatigue as a side effect. In addition to the risk of an accident, driving under the influence of these substances could bring about criminal charges.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
Contact the Attorneys at Loncar Lyon Jenkins Following an Accident with a Fatigued Driver
If you suffered injuries in a collision with a fatigued driver, you could be facing the stress and worry that is common with mounting medical bills. These stress factors could be worsened if you find yourself unable to return to work.
The threat of serious injury and lost wages does not have to derail your life. A Plano driver fatigue accident lawyer at Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you pursue a personal injury claim against the fatigued driver that caused your crash. Call today for a free consultation with a member of our team.