If you suffered a life-altering injury or lost someone you love in a car accident in San Antonio, you deserve justice. Texas law gives you the legal right to recover damages from the responsible party. A San Antonio car accident lawyer with our firm can guide you through the legal process.
Loncar Lyon Jenkins represents over 7,000 personal injury clients across Texas every year. Our team has earned a reputation for doing whatever it takes to ensure our clients recover the compensation they deserve. We are available to assist you immediately, and the first call is free. During this call, we can answer your questions and advise you on how to proceed with your personal injury claim or lawsuit.
We Can Help You Claim Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
A driver can cause immeasurable harm when they act negligently. It doesn’t matter if the cause of your collision was distracted driving, drunk driving, or something as common as speeding– we’re here to hold the at-fault driver responsible for their behavior.
If you’ve been injured or have lost a family member in a car crash, you have the legal right to hold the negligent driver responsible for damages. You might qualify for the following damages:
- Medical bills: These damages include visits to your doctor, trips to the emergency room, hospital stays and required surgical procedures, rehabilitation services, medications, and more. Those with severe injuries may have months or years of bills, and our lawyer can help account for these losses.
- Lost wages: Our lawyers can pursue wages lost due to an inability to work after your accident, and any diminished earning capacity resulting from an inability to return to work in the same capacity as prior to the accident.
- Pain and suffering: This category includes any non-economic damages you’ve incurred as a result of the collision and its aftermath, including mental anguish, loss of quality of life, pain and suffering, depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Out-of-pocket expenses: We can seek compensation for transportation to and from medical appointments, in-home care, and required adaptations to your home or vehicle due to disability.
- Wrongful death damages: If a loved one passed away from a car accident, we can pursue funeral and burial costs, loss of companionship or guardianship, loss of inheritance or pension, and more.
This is not a comprehensive list of damages. Speak with a personal injury attorney at Loncar Lyon Jenkins to learn which damages could apply in your car accident claim.
Even if you are legally entitled to compensation, you may still have to fight for it. Insurance adjusters usually work to keep settlement offers as low as possible. They may do everything possible to convince you to accept a low offer that may not accurately reflect your losses. Protect your future by contacting a personal injury law firm in San Antonio as soon as possible after a motor vehicle collision.
No matter how complex your accident injury claim is, Loncar Lyon Jenkins has the knowledge and resources to guide you through the legal process. We aim to secure maximum compensation for accident victims in San Antonio and across Texas.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
What You Need to Do After a San Antonio Car Accident
When you or a loved one suffers injuries in a car accident, there are ways to improve your chances for fair compensation. Take these crucial steps to build a robust car accident case:
Seek Medical Attention Even if Your Accident Injuries Seem Minor
Your physical well-being is the number one priority, and many injuries don’t make themselves known immediately. For example, a traumatic brain injury may not immediately show symptoms, but it can affect you, your health, and your livelihood if left untreated. Failing to seek medical assistance right away can raise a red flag to insurance adjusters.
If you do not pursue medical treatment, the insurance company may claim your injuries are not severe enough to warrant compensation. This could work against you as you attempt to recover damages.
In addition, medical records and treatment plans from your medical care provider provide critical documentation for building your personal injury case.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
File an Automobile Accident Report With the Appropriate Authorities
Texas law requires police to file a crash report for any accidents that cause personal injury, death, or up to $1,000 in apparent property damage. Police reports provide critical evidence for accident victims seeking monetary compensation following a San Antonio car accident.
An attending officer should submit the report within 10 days of the accident. If no officer arrives on the scene, you can contact the local police department or appropriate authority to report the accident. Be sure to consult with your attorney before giving a statement.
Wait to Sign Anything Until You Speak With Your Car Accident Attorney
Don’t sign any documentation provided by insurance adjusters, provide a written or verbal statement, or agree to proposed settlement offers without having a car accident attorney review your case first. Since insurance companies often offer lowball settlements to reduce their losses, it is in your interest to discuss your case with an attorney before signing.
You may have catastrophic injuries that require significant time and money to treat, so do not let the other party get away with an unfair offer. Our lawyers can review offers and determine if they are fair and meet your needs.
Seek Legal Help From a San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer
Consult a San Antonio car accident attorney at Loncar Lyon Jenkins as quickly as possible following your accident. Our skilled car accident attorneys can help ensure you’re not taken advantage of so you and your family can recover the financial compensation you need.
You have enough on your plate after a car accident. You don’t need to deal with difficult insurance negotiations and complex legal filings. Let our team bring extensive expertise with Texas motor vehicle accidents to bear in your car accident claim.
The personal injury lawyers at Loncar Lyon Jenkins have successfully represented thousands of clients in San Antonio and throughout Texas. We’ve built a proven record of success by litigating thousands of cases, securing fair coverage for clients, and participating in more than 100 jury trials. We can be the strong arm you rely on for dedicated legal representation.
Secure Legal Counsel in San Antonio to Ensure Your Rights are Protected
You should reach out to us as soon as you can, as the state’s statute of limitations can restrict how long you have to seek compensation via civil action. Texas Civil Practices and Remedies Code § 16.003 only gives accident victims two years to pursue compensation from the liable parties. Get started on building your case now so we can provide a thorough investigation and accurately assess your damages.
You might benefit from seeking legal representation if you’ve been involved in a life-altering motor vehicle collision. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we know the legal system like the back of our hands, so allow our law firm to represent your interests following a serious auto accident.
How a San Antonio Car Accident Attorney with Our Firm Can Act as Your Advocate
While you rest and recover, our personal injury attorneys can get to work on your case. Our legal team can:
- Handle all communication with the other party and their insurance company
- Review your case and conduct a comprehensive investigation into the events leading up to the collision to pinpoint who is at fault
- Consult medical, financial, and accident reconstruction experts to secure critical testimony that bolsters your case and proves your need for full compensation
- File your insurance claim and personal injury lawsuit
- Submit any other required paperwork
- Negotiate with the at-fault party and their insurance company for a settlement that truly covers your expenses and compensates you for the hardship you experience because of the accident
- Represent your interests before a judge and jury if a fair settlement agreement cannot be reached out of court
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we understand that legal claims can be complicated and confusing. When representing your car accident claim, we provide clear guidance, regular updates, and open communication. You can count on our San Antonio car accident attorneys to keep you posted throughout the legal process.
Our San Antonio Car Accident Attorneys Are Ready to Help You Now
Loncar Lyon Jenkins believes legal representation is a right, not a privilege. We offer accident victims a free case review, during which we examine the evidence and provide legal advice.
When you call us, a member of our team will take your call, immediately review the available evidence, answer your questions, and explain the claims process to you so that you can make informed decisions for yourself and your family.
The lawyers at Loncar Lyon Jenkins serve clients on a contingency fee basis. This arrangement means that we collect nothing unless and until you win your case. Contact our San Antonio car accident lawyers today to get started.