Age-related visual changes, memory issues, and physical agility can make elderly adults more likely to cause a car accident. If you or someone you love was injured in an accident with an elderly driver, you could be entitled to compensation by filing a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit. Our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins will collect evidence that supports your right to compensation.
Our Texas elderly driver car accident lawyer will build the strongest possible case for you. We will review the at-fault driver’s medical records and driving history and collect evidence that establishes the accident’s costs. We start by listening to your story and reviewing the details of your case at no cost or obligation to you.
Compensation We Request From the Elderly Driver and Their Insurance Company
You could be left with ongoing medical expenses that start as soon as the accident occurs. When our Texas car accident lawyer is on your side, our entire team is committed to your financial recovery. Economic damages we request on your behalf can include:
- Medical bills, both current and ongoing
- Income loss
- Loss of future earning capacity
- In-home medical support
- In-home domestic support
- Vehicle damage or destruction
- Diminished property value
The non-economic damages we request for you can be more difficult for you to document and assess on your own. They can include scarring and disfigurement, physical and emotional pain and suffering, and diminished quality of life. If your family lost a loved one in the accident, you could also be entitled to a range of wrongful death damages.
Your Potential Car Accident Lawsuit Has a State-Imposed Filing Deadline
Filing a case after a car accident is a time-sensitive legal matter. In general, Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 gives you two years from the date of the accident to file your lawsuit. If your lawsuit is not filed on time:
- You could be prohibited from filing it at all.
- It will be dismissed without ever being heard.
- You may have no further legal options available.
Certain exceptions can cause the filing deadline to fluctuate. Our car accident attorney will explain how we use your police report and medical records to determine the appropriate filing deadline. We work hard to file your lawsuit within the allotted timeframe.
For a free legal consultation with a Elderly Driver Accidents lawyer serving Texas, call 877-239-4878
Why Choose Our Car Accident Team at Loncar Lyons Jenkins?
Our law firm is committed to pursuing negligent drivers and recovering compensation for injury victims. When we accept your case, our elderly driver car accident lawyer will take all of the following steps to build your case in Texas:
- Obtain your car accident report.
- Review your medical records.
- Determine your recoverable damages.
- Locate and interview witnesses.
- Handle all case-related communication.
- Clarify complex legal language.
- Address your questions and concerns.
- Provide timely updates on your case.
- Negotiate a fair settlement.
- Represent you in court, if necessary.
Leave the details of building your case and negotiating a settlement to us so you can concentrate on getting better. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we never stop fighting for you or for the compensation you need and deserve.
See Why Previous Clients Leave Five-Star Reviews for Our Law Firm
Injury victims we have represented in the past attest to our commitment to outstanding client service. In online reviews, they say the following:
- “From the initial consultation to the end of case process, the team helped me…They quickly assisted by resolving my case within a allowable timeframe. They kept me informed of every step in the process…Thank you again for your help and everything you do…” – Dora
- “Second time customer, not by choice. But, definitely glad they were able to help me out on both occasions. Thanks, Belle, Tony, Margie, [and] Matt…” – Joe
Every client is a priority, so we work hard to give your case the individual time and attention to detail it deserves. In short, we treat you like a person, not a case file.
Texas Elderly Driver Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Your Evidence File Tells the Story of Your Elderly Driver Car Accident
We will need to use evidence to build your case, whether you decide to file an insurance claim, a lawsuit, or both. The range of evidence we collect for your case file will include:
- Your car accident report. It will contain contact information and details for each driver. It may also note the driver’s condition at the time of the accident and their ability to respond clearly to questions and exchange required information.
- Witness statements. Lay witnesses can share what happened from a variety of objective perspectives. Expert witnesses can review the elderly driver’s actions and reconstruct the accident.
Additional evidence that substantiates your case can include your medical records and bills that describe your injuries and the costs of treatment. It can also include proof of your income loss, accident scene and injury photos, and the driver’s license history.
How We Prove the Elderly Driver’s Financial Liability
According to Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) guidelines, elderly drivers can experience:
- Physical declines
- Cognitive declines
- Visual declines
- Functional impairments
- Medication side effects
Our investigation will collect evidence of the elderly driver’s condition at the time of the accident. Our goal is to define and document their negligence. You do not have to fight for financial compensation on your own. We will negotiate with the insurer and work hard to steer your case toward a settlement versus a trial.
Contact our Texas Elderly Driver Accident Attorneys today
Contact One of Our Car Accident Team Members Today
If an older driver caused your accident and you or someone you love was injured, our Texas elderly driver car accident lawyer can help you. We will investigate your case and negotiate with the at-fault driver and their insurance provider.
Contact our case review team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins to find out how hard we go to bat for you.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form