Wrong-way accidents can cause devastating injuries to those involved. Traveling on the wrong side of the street can easily result in a head-on collision. These accidents also often happen at high speeds, leaving victims in the other vehicle with little or no time to react. If you suffered injuries because someone drove the wrong way on the road, you could seek compensation from the liable party.
A Texas wrong-way car accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins could help you through the claims process. We understand that you could sustain severe injuries in these accidents. You can seek compensation for your losses if you or a loved one sustained injuries in a wrong-way accident. Our personal injury team can help.
Our Attorneys Advocate for Those Injured in Wrong-Way Accidents in Texas
Wrong-way accidents can cause not only severe injuries, but also death. Suffering from an injury or a loved one’s death can cause turmoil in your life. You need this time to recover from your injuries or grieve your loved one. Our attorneys can handle the legal issues so you can focus on what you need to.
Through negotiations, our Texas wrong-way accident lawyers can advocate for you to recover compensation. We can present evidence and other information to prove the liable party owes you money.
In the past, we have helped many clients recover compensation for their injuries. Examples of testimonials past clients have left us include:
- “From the initial consultation to the end of case process, the team helped me and understood the situation. They quickly assisted by resolving my case within [an] allowable timeframe. They kept me informed of every step in the process and [I am] grateful to them for winning my case. Thank you again for your help and everything you do.” -Dora Galvan-Contreras
- “Loncar Lyon Jenkins [has] done an outstanding job for me and my family. The service that was provided throughout my 2 ½ years was spectacular. They kept me very informed of the whole process and made sure I was getting the best medical treatment. They go above and beyond to get you the most for your case. Thanks for going the extra mile Connie Abel.” -Jonathan Rayos
We want to help you and your loved ones just like we have helped past clients.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
How Much Compensation Could I Receive After a Wrong-Way Accident in Texas?
To recover compensation for your injuries, you must prove you incurred damages. Recoverable damages could compensate you for the losses you incurred. You might believe you can only seek compensation for your monetary losses. However, when Loncar Lyon Jenkins takes on your case, our car accident lawyers in Texas can also fight for you to recover non-monetary losses.
By seeking compensation for your monetary and non-monetary losses, you can increase the value of your case. Examples of the monetary and non-monetary losses you could seek compensation for include:
- Medical expenses: We can include any expense you incur because of necessary medical treatments in your claim, including doctor’s appointments, hospitalizations, emergency care, surgery, physical therapy, and medications. We can also seek compensation for any future expenses you could incur for medical treatments.
- Lost income: We can include any income you have lost or will lose in the future because of your injuries in your claim. Our Texas wrong-way car wreck attorneys can also seek compensation for work benefits or bonuses you lost while you missed work.
- Other expenses: Serious injuries can cause many unexpected expenses besides just medical bills. For example, when you go to medical appointments, you might need to pay for transportation and someone to watch your children while you’re gone. You may also need to hire someone to clean your house and care for your yard if you cannot do so due to your injuries. Keep records of these expenses, so we can prove you had to pay them because of your injuries.
- Pain and suffering: The law allows injury victims to seek compensation for the physical pain their injuries caused. If you dealt with physical pain or discomfort due to your injuries, you could seek compensation.
- Emotional distress: You can seek compensation for the non-monetary loss of emotional distress if your injuries caused you to develop mental health issues. Examples could include anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or sleeping issues.
If you suffered any of these losses due to a wrong-way car accident, the Texas wrong-way car accident attorneys from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can fight for you.
Common Causes of Wrong-Way Accidents in Texas
Wrong-way accidents occur across the state of Texas for many reasons. Potential causes of wrong-way accidents include:
- Drunk drivers: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that drunk drivers have impaired coordination and distorted perception. These issues could cause someone to misread a sign and drive the wrong way.
- Drowsy drivers: People driving while tired can experience similar impacts to those who drive while intoxicated. For example, they could nod off while driving, causing them to cross into a different lane. If the lane they cross into has traffic coming from the other direction, they could cause a wrong-way accident.
- Older drivers: According to the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), drivers over the age of 70 are over-represented in wrong-way crashes.
- Unfamiliar drivers: When drivers are unfamiliar with the area, they could accidentally turn the wrong direction onto a one-way street, for example.
- Poorly marked signs: If the government entity in charge of the road didn’t properly mark the roads, people could travel the wrong way, causing an accident.
When our Texas wrong-way car wreck attorneys investigate your accident, we can determine what happened and who caused it. Once we know who caused the accident, we can file a claim or lawsuit against the liable party.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Get Help From a Texas Wrong-Way Car Accident Lawyer Today
After suffering injuries because of someone else’s negligent actions, you can seek compensation for your losses. Hiring a Texas wrong-way car accident attorney can strengthen your case. Our legal team knows how to properly investigate and gather strong evidence. With this evidence, we can build a solid case.
To learn more about our legal services, contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins for a free consultation. During the consultation, we can answer your questions so you understand what to expect moving forward. After sustaining injuries because of someone else’s actions, you deserve justice. Let us help you obtain it.