Catastrophic injuries can lead to life-altering circumstances. Not only must you determine how to make these changes in your life, but you may also have to deal with extensive medical bills and other expenses due to your injuries.
If you are ready to hold the responsible party liable for your injuries, a Texas catastrophic injuries lawyer from our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins can explain your legal options. We are committed to helping you fight for fair compensation and hold the responsible party accountable for their actions.
How Can a Texas Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Help?
Being involved in an accident can be overwhelming, especially if you sustain severe injuries. However, hiring a personal injury lawyer may help alleviate some stress, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries. Some ways we assist with your case include:
- Investigating your accident. Gathering evidence to prove your case can be time-consuming. We understand the process and what information is important. We will use our resources to compile as much evidence as possible to develop the strongest case for you.
- Assessing your case. Once we have all the information about your case, we will advise you on how to proceed legally.
- Communicating with other parties on your behalf. Talking to all the parties involved in your accident can be challenging; let us handle communicating with insurance companies, defense attorneys, and any other third parties on your behalf.
- Calculating potential compensation. We can also talk with doctors and accident reconstructionists to ensure we request appropriate compensation.
- Handling any case-related paperwork. Ensuring we file paperwork correctly and submit it within the deadline is essential to your case. If you miss the deadline to file a lawsuit, you may lose your chance to receive compensation.
- Negotiating a settlement. We will represent your best interests and fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Representing you in court. We can take your case to trial if we cannot settle.
As soon as you call us, we will begin working for you. Our Texas catastrophic injury attorneys are here to help you seek the justice you and your family deserve. We serve victims involved in personal injury accidents and wrongful death lawsuits.
Possible Compensation for a Catastrophic Injury Accident
Your injuries could be permanent and life-altering, affecting your quality of life and ability to work to provide for yourself and your family. These injuries can also leave you with an altered physical appearance, making how you care for yourself and others difficult. When you suffer catastrophic injuries, you experience substantial damages.
You may qualify for several types of compensation, such as:
- Medical bills related to your injuries from the accident, including any potential lifelong healthcare needs
- Rehabilitation to recover or learn how to use your body differently
- Nursing home or in-home care
- Necessary adaptations to your home for accessibility
- Current and future changes in income and earning capacity
- Pain and suffering, including physical, mental, and emotional pain
- Physical disability or disfigurement
Once we have identified the responsible party, a Texas catastrophic injury attorney from our team can assess the value of your losses. If you have sustained injuries from a catastrophic accident, you could have lifelong costs due to your medical needs. We will help you fight for the justice you or your loved one deserves.
Don’t Let the Fear of Legal Fees Stand In Your Way
Trying to find the right lawyer for you and your family can be stressful. During our free consultation, you can interview us to ensure we are the right fit. We will also determine how to best serve you and answer your questions during our meeting.
We work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning we only get paid if you do. Additionally, our payment will come from your settlement or judgment award, so you will never have to pay us anything out of pocket. We are committed to you and your family, so don’t let the fear of paying legal fees stand in the way of what you need.
For a free legal consultation with a Catastrophic Injuries lawyer serving Texas, call 877-239-4878
What Is a Catastrophic Injury?
42 U.S. Code § 3796b states that a catastrophic injury occurs when an injury and its consequences “permanently prevent an individual from performing any gainful work.” Typically, catastrophic injuries require intensive medical procedures to reach maximum medical improvement.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Different types of catastrophic injuries may include:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Multiple bone fractures
- Nerve damage
- Neurological damage
- Severe organ damage
- Severe burns
- Hearing loss
- Vision loss
These injuries can present long-lasting or permanent effects, significantly changing your quality of life.
Common Types of Catastrophic Accidents
Catastrophic injuries can occur in almost any type of accident, including:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle collisions
- Truck accidents
- Bike accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Sports accidents
- Product defects
- Medical malpractice
After a catastrophic accident, it is often wise to hire a Texas catastrophic injury lawyer as quickly as possible. You generally have two years from the accident date to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, according to the statute of limitations found in Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003.
Texas Catastrophic Injuries Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Our Texas Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Can Help You Seek the Justice You Deserve
If you or a loved one has sustained a catastrophic injury, a Texas catastrophic injuries lawyer at Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you take legal action against the responsible party. These injuries can change how you complete everyday activities, provide for your family, and enjoy life.
We understand the long-term effects a severe injury from a catastrophic accident can have on your life. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation. We can meet virtually if you cannot come to our offices.