Cases that fall within personal injury law generally involve an incident that resulted in the victim’s injury, such as an automobile accident or slip and fall. If you or a loved one suffered injuries or damages as a result of another party’s negligence, you may qualify to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit against that party and demand compensation.
Our law firm serves people in Texas who have faced financial and other personal setbacks since being injured. We strive to help them fight for the compensation they need. You can start working with a Texas personal injury lawyer from our team to build your case after speaking with one of our representatives in a free consultation. Keep reading to understand how a personal injury attorney in Texas can serve you.
Our Law Firm Handles Various Types of Personal Injury Cases in Texas
Personal injury is a broad category of law that includes various practice areas. Below are some of the types of cases that our legal team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins handles:
- Automobile accidents: These include accidents involving passenger vehicles, trucks, motorcycles, commercial vehicles, pedestrians, bicyclists, and all other road users. We also handle complex automobile cases, such as those involving a hit-and-run driver or an uninsured/underinsured driver.
- Slip and fall accidents: Whether you had a slip and fall accident in a store or other type of business or fell on someone’s swimming pool deck, our law firm will investigate whether someone who owns the premises may be held liable for your injuries.
- Construction accidents: Construction zones can be dangerous to both workers and civilians. If you were injured by fallen debris, scaffolding, construction vehicles, or equipment as a non-employee of a construction company, we are interested in hearing more about your case.
- Mass torts: Our law firm handles cases where a similar action or event injured numerous people. A common example of a mass tort may involve a dangerous or defective product released to the public market. Another example may involve injuries or illnesses caused by an environmental disaster linked to a negligent party.
- Wrongful death: Cases where the injured party does not survive their accident fall within wrongful death law. In Texas, the surviving spouse, child, or parent of a deceased individual may file a claim or lawsuit on their behalf to pursue compensation, per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 71.004.
Not sure if your case falls within our practice areas? While these categories encompass most of our cases, our team also handles several unique cases involving catastrophic injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries or spinal cord injuries.
You can tell one of our team members about your accident in a free consultation, and we’ll discuss how one of our attorneys can help you build your case.
All Practice Areas we serve in Texas
- Brain Injuries
- Dangerous Drug
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Product
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- DWI Accidents
- Dog Bite
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Construction Accidents
- Oilfield Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Truck Accidents
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Texas, call 877-239-4878
What You Can Expect When You Work With a Texas Personal Injury Lawyer
Some people hire personal injury attorneys because they are unfamiliar with the law and want a lawyer to protect their rights as they pursue compensation. When you work with an attorney from our team, we’ll take the lead in managing your case to:
- Investigate your incident and confirm who may be held liable for your injuries and damages
- Collect evidence that supports your claim, such as eyewitness testimony, video footage, or medical records
- Respond to messages and other communications from insurance companies, the defendant’s attorneys, and other inquiring parties
- Fulfill administrative work necessary for your case, such as drafting and completing legal documents
- Organize meetings with the opposing party to potentially negotiate a settlement deal for your case
- Submit your personal injury lawsuit within Texas’ statute of limitations found in Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003
- Prepare and present your case at trial if necessary
- Provide legal counsel if you have questions about how to move forward with your case or your legal rights
Our Texas personal injury attorneys will also provide you access if you want to speak with us about other concerns. We aim to be as transparent as possible when advising you on your personal injury case and ultimately leave the final decisions to you.
You May Qualify to Receive Financial Compensation for Your Damages
Personal injury cases allow you to pursue the following types of damages:
- Medical expenses, including current expenses you’re facing and future costs for treatment you might receive for your injuries
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Emotional distress, which can include depression and anxiety or insomnia if you have trouble sleeping because of your accident or injuries
- Loss of wages, both currently and for the future if your injuries prevent you from working on a long-term basis
- Reduced earning capacity if you can work but only at a lower-paying position because of physical or mental limits you now have because of your injuries
- Damages related to living with a permanent disability or physical disfigurement, such as caregiving service costs or plastic surgery expenses
- Diminished quality of life if your injuries prevent you from living independently or enjoying hobbies and activities you used to participate in before the accident
You may qualify for other types of damages not listed in this article. For example, if you lost a loved one in a catastrophic accident, you may pursue damages that fall under wrongful death, such as funeral arrangement costs, loss of financial support, and loss of consortium.
Our team will be thorough and sensitive when asking you about your personal life since the accident. We will estimate how much compensation to pursue on your behalf based on the damages you report and then work on collecting evidence proving their value.
Texas Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins to Get a Free Consultation About Your Case
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we have advocated for thousands of injured victims. If you or a loved one suffered a severe injury in an accident, our legal team wants to hear about your case. We can have one of our Texas personal injury lawyers represent you.
We offer the first consultation for free, so you can explain what you’ve gone through and how your accident has affected you and your family. We will also explain our contingency fee payment structure during your free consultation, so you know what to expect when you work with a personal injury lawyer in Texas. Don’t hesitate to call today and get answers to your questions.