If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident in Texas, you may qualify to demand compensation from the at-fault truck driver or a related party that can be held liable for damages, such as the trucking company. Our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins wants to hear about your case and see what we can do to help you pursue your financial recovery.
Our firm has law offices throughout Texas with team members who can explain our legal services in a free consultation. Should you agree to work with us, we can assign a Texas truck accident lawyer to develop your case and provide legal counsel when appropriate.
You Can Work with a Truck Accident Lawyer From Our Firm to Build Your Case
Hiring a truck accident attorney to represent you in Texas has many benefits. Many accident victims are unaware of their full legal rights in a personal injury case, making them vulnerable to legal tactics performed by the opposing party. In many cases, accident victims may be too preoccupied with healing from their injuries to pay attention to legal matters.
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we’ll handle the legal burden while you focus on your recovery. Our Texas truck accident attorneys will navigate your case, provide updates, and counsel you on legal decisions.
The following are some additional services our team can provide to prepare your case for litigation:
We Will Conduct an Investigation Into Your Truck Accident
Our team will take steps to confirm key information about the truck accident, such as the date it occurred, which parties were involved, and what damage existed at the accident scene. We will also confirm which party or parties may be held liable for your truck accident damages, which can apply to cases where:
- The truck driver works for a trucking company, making the company vicariously liable for damages that occur during working hours
- The truck experienced vehicle malfunctions due to faulty manufacturing or parts, which may place liability on the truck manufacturer or a parts manufacturer
- The maintenance company that last worked on the truck failed to perform adequate checks or repairs on the vehicle that could have prevented the accident
- A third-party driver crashed into the truck, which then triggered a larger accident involving you or a loved one
- Road conditions contributed to the accident, which could place liability on a local municipality
If more than one party contributed to the accident, we will counsel you on whether it is in your interest to file multiple claims or lawsuits.
We Will Collect Evidence to Support Your Case
During our investigation, we will gather evidence to support your claims, such as:
- Video footage from traffic cameras, nearby surveillance cameras, or dashboard cameras
- Photos of the accident scene
- Eyewitness statements
- Analysis from expert witnesses, such as mechanics or medical professionals
- Black box information from the truck
We may also collect evidence that helps us calculate the value of your damages, such as invoices or billing statements.
Our Attorneys Prepare Cases for Both Trial and Non-Trial Legal Routes
Most personal injury cases do not go to trial, according to the American Bar Association (ABA). Many cases reach a mutual agreement between both parties to settle out of court. Should a similar opportunity arise for your case, your truck accident lawyer in Texas will work toward negotiating a settlement agreement on your behalf.
Still, our team will prepare your case to go to trial. The threat of a lawsuit can often serve as a weighted negotiating tool, since it can show that our team is not afraid to face the defendant in court. We pride ourselves on being the “Strong Arm” in legal battles, ready to fight for your right to financial recovery.
We Can Calculate How Much Compensation to Pursue Based on Your Damages
Depending on your injuries and how the truck accident affected your physical, emotional, and financial well-being, you may qualify for the following damages:
- Medical expenses, including future treatment costs
- Property damage costs, including the actual cash value of your vehicle if it was totaled in the truck accident
- Income loss, including future lost wages if your injuries prevent you from working long-term or permanently
- Reduced earning potential
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Diminished quality of life
- Permanent disability or physical disfigurement
- Out-of-pocket expenses, such as rental car fees or caretaking services
This is not a full list of compensable damages.
If your family lost a loved one in the accident, you may qualify for additional wrongful death damages, such as:
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of companionship
- Inherited medical debt
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of financial support
Practice Area we serve in Texas
For a free legal consultation with a Truck Accidents lawyer serving Texas, call 877-239-4878
Your Time to File a Truck Accident Lawsuit in Texas Is Limited
Truck accident cases must abide by Texas’ statute of limitations, which sets a legal deadline on lawsuits involving personal injuries.
Per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you generally have two years from the truck accident date to submit your case to the civil court system. Some exceptions may extend the statutory deadline; however, other factors may shorten the filing window, such as cases filed against a local municipality.
You Could Lose Your Opportunity to Pursue Compensation if You File Late
If you fail to submit your case within the statute of limitations, the general consequence is a case dismissal. A reviewing judge may dismiss your case upon its submission or per the defendant’s request should they discover you submitted your lawsuit past the deadline.
If a case dismissal occurs, you may be barred from pursuing compensation through a lawsuit. This also means the defendant would no longer be liable for your damages.
Our team will confirm your case’s filing deadline early in our investigation and take the appropriate measures to ensure your case remains valid in court.
Texas Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today to Learn More About Our Legal Services
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a truck accident in Texas, you may have grounds to sue the at-fault driver or a related liable party for your damages. A Texas truck accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can represent you in your area. Our law firm has office locations throughout Texas, whether you’re in Dallas, El Paso, or even McAllen.
Contact our law firm today to get a free case evaluation. One of our team members can explain your legal options for pursuing compensation and discuss our contingency fee agreement. You won’t pay any attorney’s fees unless we win your case, so don’t hesitate to start your legal journey today.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form