In addition to medical bills, a car accident might leave you with lost income, damaged property, and many other expenses and financial losses.
A personal injury claim or lawsuit may help you recover from the financial impact of a car accident in Wichita Falls. When you are ready to hold the at-fault driver responsible, a lawyer from our firm can help you understand your legal options and handle your case from beginning to end. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins wants, we help victims of negligence recover their losses.
Compensation You May Receive
Various forms of compensation may be available after a car accident in Wichita Falls. For example, you may recover:
- Medical expenses, including immediate services, such as emergency room stays, as well as ongoing rehabilitation
- Lost wages for the time you spent out of work
- Reduced earning capacity for the difference in income you may experience due to your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
You may stand to recover other losses, as well, and our team can calculate your damages.
Compensation for Wrongful Death
If you lost a loved one to a car accident in Wichita Falls, we can pursue financial recovery through a claim or wrongful death lawsuit. You may stand to recover:
- Your loved one’s medical bills associated with their injuries
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of inheritance for the income your loved one provided
- Loss of consortium for the companionship and services your loved one provided
We can calculate your losses to seek a settlement that will help you cope with your loved one’s absence. You deserve to grieve in peace; let us handle the legal process.
All Practice Areas we serve in Wichita Falls
- Rear-End Collisions
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Defective Design or Manufacture of Vehicles or Vehicle Components Accidents
- Tailgating Accidents
- Whiplash Injury
- Texting While Driving Accidents
- Passenger Vehicle Accidents
- Failure to Heed Changing Weather or Road Conditions Accidents
- Elderly Driver Accidents
- Wrong Way Accidents
- Running a Stop Signal Accidents
- Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents
- Taxicab Accidents
- Unsafe Lane Change Accidents
- Improper Lane Change Accidents
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Wichita Falls, call 877-239-4878
Car Accident Injuries Can Be Severe and Costly
Common injuries you might sustain in a car accident and their related treatments, as suggested by Mayo Clinic, include:
- Whiplash, which may require pain management, and ongoing physical therapy
- Concussions, which may require prolonged rest, limited physical and cognitive activity, and pain control
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI), which may require pain and seizure control medications, surgery, and physical rehabilitation
- Broken limbs, which may require bone setting, limb casting, and potential surgical intervention
The costs of medical treatments can add up quickly. If you do not seek compensation for these costs, they might wreak financial havoc on you and your family. When we calculate your losses, we will account for both your current and future expenses so you can seek fair compensation.
Wichita Falls Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
All Practice Areas We Serve in Wichita Falls
We serve clients who suffered a variety of injuries, and we take various forms of cases in Wichita Falls. We can help you if you are dealing with the following injuries or accidents:
- Defective design or manufacture of vehicles or vehicle components accidents
- Tailgating accidents
- Whiplash injury
- Texting while driving accidents
- Passenger vehicle accidents
- Failure to heed changing weather or road conditions accidents
- Elderly driver accidents
- Wrong-way accidents
- Running a stop signal accidents
- Uber and Lyft rideshare accidents
- Taxicab accidents
- Unsafe lane change accidents
- Improper lane change accidents
Contact our Wichita Falls Car Accident Attorneys today
We Can Handle Your Case From Start to Finish
Our team is on your side. We do not back off from a challenge or leave you to fight for compensation on your own. When we handle your case, we may:
- Identify the liable driver and their insurer
- Review and scrutinize insurance paperwork
- Locate and interview witnesses to the accident
- Conduct an independent investigation if necessary
- Obtain documents and evidence that support your claim
- Negotiate a fair insurance settlement
- File a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit
- Represent you in a trial to seek a court-awarded offer
These are only a few of the things we can do to help you collect compensation from the liable driver. We help you fight for compensation so that you do not suffer any further losses as a result of your Wichita Falls accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Actions to Take After a Car Accident in Wichita Falls
Aside from seeking legal representation, there are a few things you can do after your car accident to secure your right to compensation.
Seek Medical Attention Immediately
Even if you believe your injuries to be minor, you should seek medical attention. Some injuries do not display symptoms until days or weeks after a crash, and if you do not seek medical care, they could worsen.
Additionally, medical documentation can help you substantiate your claim and avoid an insurer undervaluing or denying a claim based on an argument that you worsened your condition.
Obtain a Copy of Your Crash Report
A police report of a car accident in Odessa might contain information that helps you and your lawyer build a strong case for financial compensation. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), a crash report (form CR-3) might contain:
- Date, time, and location of the accident
- Name and contact information of the at-fault driver
- Insurance information for the at-fault driver
- Description of accident injuries and fatalities
- Narratives and diagrams of the accident scene
A crash report can also include the investigating officer’s notes, including accident factors and conditions. When you are ready to pursue financial compensation, the information contained in the crash report may be an important part of proving the cause of the accident. If you have not already reported your accident, you may do so on the City of Wichita Falls’ website.
Start Preparing Your Case As Soon As Possible
After a car accident in Wichita Falls, the time you have to take legal action against the at-fault driver is limited. Even if your injuries require extensive or long-term medical treatments, you must file a claim for financial recovery within the statute of limitations.
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, your time to file a lawsuit is generally limited to two years from the date of the collision. In the allotted time, you must:
- Prove the cause of the accident
- Prove the accident led to your injuries
- Prove the other driver caused the accident
- Prove the type and amount of the resulting financial damage
- File a claim against the liable driver and their insurance carrier
In that same timeframe, you might also have to concentrate on your recovery, care for a loved one who was injured in the accident, or make funeral and burial arrangements for your loved one. While you cope with your recovery, Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you abide by the state-imposed deadline.
Negligent Driving in Wichita Falls
In 2020, the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) dubbed Wichita Falls number five among Texas’ cities for dangerous driving. When it comes to fatalities caused by intoxicated driving, Wichita Falls ranked eighth in 2017.
Dangerous driving comes in many different forms, and it usually indicates negligence. For example, dangerous driving could include:
- Texting and driving
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Intoxicated driving
We can determine how negligent driving played a role in your accident and pursue the liable party.
Pursue the Financial Compensation By Calling in the Strong Arm
Were you or a family member involved in a car accident in Wichita Falls? If another driver injured you or a loved one, you may be entitled to have your medical bills, lost income, and other accident-related expenses paid by the driver or their insurance company.
Our car accident lawyers can help hold the driver who caused the collision financially responsible for your accident-related expenses. Contact the team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today by calling (877) 239-4878 as soon as possible.