If you or a loved one experienced a car accident due to a defective design or vehicle component, you might have the right to pursue compensation from the manufacturer. If you want to learn more about your potential right to compensation, you can consult the office of a Wichita Falls accident caused by defective design or manufacture of vehicles or vehicle components lawyer.
Give Loncar Lyon Jenkins a call. Our lawyers seek to ensure that our clients suffer no further harm due to an accident caused by a manufacturer’s negligence. You may be facing exorbitant medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering, but you do not need to fight for fair compensation on your own.
An Attorney Can Help You Prove a Vehicle Defect Lead to Your Accident
Once the damage is done due to a defective vehicle or vehicle component, victims are usually facing grave economic and non-economic losses in the case of an accident. They do not have to suffer these losses without seeking legal recourse, however. One option for seeking compensation from a liable party—in this case, the vehicle manufacturer—is filing a lawsuit.
Furthermore, you have the right to hire legal representation when bringing a lawsuit against a vehicle manufacturer. Some of the ways a lawyer can help you with your case include:
- Investigating the root cause of the accident (i.e., the exact defect that caused the collision to take place)
- Determining whether the vehicle manufacturer followed federal guidelines and regulations when producing the vehicle
- Investigating similar defects in other cars manufactured by the company
- Establishing negligence on the part of the vehicle manufacturer
- Evaluating what fair compensation would look like in your specific case, including economic and non-economic losses
- Negotiating a fair settlement
- Communicating with the manufacturer’s legal team
- Filing a lawsuit within the state’s statute of limitations
- Handling all paperwork associated with your case
- Representing you at trial, if necessary
- Protecting your rights
A lawyer can advise you regarding the best course of action to seek fair compensation. They can also ensure that you do not settle for an amount that does not fairly cover your losses from the accident.
For a free legal consultation with a Defective Design or Manufacture of Vehicles or Vehicle Components Accidents lawyer serving Wichita Falls, call 877-239-4878
What Are “Lemon Laws” and How do They Pertain to Vehicle Defect Accident Cases?
As previously stated, car manufacturers must abide by strict quality control standards and laws when producing vehicles. According to USA.gov, these laws are often referred to as “lemon laws” in various states. If you buy a new car and discover defects within a certain threshold of miles driven, you may have reason to suspect the manufacturer acted negligently.
This is especially relevant when the suspected defects involve the ignition, brakes, engine, or transmission. If you attempted to repair the car several times, and it spends months in the mechanic’s shop, this may also signal negligence on the part of the car manufacturer.
Wichita Falls Defective Design or Manufacture of Vehicles or Vehicle Components Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Types of Vehicle Defects You Can Include in Your Claim
According to NHTSA, some of the most dangerous vehicle defects that have occurred in the past include issues with:
- Collapsing car ramps or jacks
- Faulty steering components
- Defective seat belts or buckles
- Airbags that randomly deploy
- Windshield wipers that fail or jam
- Broken accelerator controls
- Faulty wiring that causes fires
- Broken engine cooling fan blades
- Cracked or broken wheels
In these situations, the defects cause a partial or total loss of control of the vehicle. This could lead to a dangerous situation while on the road. If any of the defects above occur, some motorists are lucky to make it out of their cars alive and unharmed. However, others suffer grave injuries and losses.
You have the option to hire a Wichita Falls accident caused by defective design or manufacture of vehicles or vehicle components lawyer for help if you experienced a car accident due to a vehicle defect. Reach out to Loncar Lyon Jenkins today.
Contact our Wichita Falls Defective Design or Manufacture of Vehicles or Vehicle Components Accident Attorneys today
Call Our Attorneys to Get to Work on Your Case Right Away
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins to see how a Wichita Falls accident caused by defective design or manufacture of vehicles or vehicle components lawyer may be able to help you seek fair compensation from a vehicle manufacturer that acted negligently. Call us today.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form