2011 Fen-Phen Update
This post is to remind any and all clients represented by LONCAR & ASSOCIATES in the Fen-Phen litigation of the upcoming deadline, and will identify the conditions that may qualify a person for an additional cash settlement under the Seventh Amendment to the Nationwide Class Action Settlement Agreement with American Home Products (“Fen-Phen Settlement Agreement”).
YOUR DEADLINE IS QUICKLY APPROACHING
There is a deadline for qualifying for High-Level Claims. Specifically, the High-Level Claim qualifying conditions or events must be diagnosed and occur by the earlier of (a) December 31, 2011 or (b) 15 years from the date of your last exposure to Fen-Phen, Pondimin or Redux (as established by the proof of diet drug use that was submitted to the AHP Settlement Trust).
WHAT IS A QUALIFYING MEDICAL CONDITION?
For a free legal consultation, call 800-285-4878
We want to be sure that everyone understands what medical conditions qualify for asserting a High-Level Claim under the Fen-Phen Settlement Agreement. You may be able to file for an additional cash settlement if you already have experienced or experience any of the following events or conditions before your individual deadline expires this year:
1. A heart valve surgery;
2. A doctor recommends heart valve surgery but is unable to perform the surgery due to your medical condition;
3. A stroke causes residual problems that last for a period of at least six (6) months;
4. A blood clot that causes kidney damage with dialysis, abdominal surgery, or amputation of an arm or a leg;
5. A heart transplant;
6. Ventricular fibrillation or ventricular tachycardia;
7. Endocardial fibrosis;
8. A coma due to cardiac arrest;
9. Heart failure, heart arrhythmias, stroke, or pulmonary hypertension resulting in your demise; or
10. Any complications or worsening of the heart, lung, or valve conditions following a valve surgery.
You should ask your doctor about your situation if you are unsure about whether any of these events or conditions applies to you.
SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE DEADLINE
I believe it is our responsibility to reach out to as many people as possible to help create a general awareness of this year’s rapidly approaching deadline. Please feel free to share this letter and the news of the upcoming deadline with family and friends who have previously registered with the AHP Settlement Trust.
Feel free to call or email Loncar Lyon Jenkins Toll Free at 1-800-285-HURT or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about your potential claim.