It is unfortunate that in most large cities, injuries caused by negligence happen daily. Whether by a car accident, slip and fall, or otherwise, people throughout the city can have their lives transformed in an instant. Dallas is not immune from these dangers.
You might have legal options if you were involved in an accident resulting in injuries and financial losses. Your Dallas personal injury lawyers can navigate the legal process on your behalf while you get to recover from your injuries. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Attorneys at Law for a free consultation.
Loncar Lyon Jenkins Lawyers Are Ready To Fight For Your Personal Injury Losses
Our personal injury law firm is committed to advocating for accident victims injured by negligence. We will render services that meet the unique needs of your personal injury lawsuit and fight for an outcome that benefits your situation.
We are dedicated to helping our clients obtain the maximum compensation for their injuries. We have years of legal experience handling cases involving:
- Dangerous drugs: If you’ve been prescribed dangerous drugs or medications, we can help you seek justice against those responsible for your injuries.
- DWI accidents: If you were injured due to someone driving while intoxicated (DWI), we can help you pursue criminal charges against the negligent person.
- Defective product: If you suffered harm from using a defective product, we could assist you in pursuing compensation.
- Medical malpractice: If you were harmed because of medical errors, we could help you hold medical professionals accountable.
- Oilfield accidents: If you were hurt during an oilfield accident, we could help you file a claim with your employer’s workers’ comp insurance company.
- Spinal cord injury: If you suffer spinal cord injuries, we can help you receive compensation for your pain and suffering.
- Motorcycle accidents: If you were seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, we could help ensure that you receive total financial compensation for your damages.
- Paralysis injury: If you were paralyzed in a personal injury accident, we could help ensure that you receive the financial support and long-term care you need.
- Car accidents: If you were involved in a car accident caused by negligence, we could help protect your rights and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
- Slip and fall accidents: If you slipped and fell on another person’s property, we can help you pursue compensation for your injuries. We also handle premises liability claims involving situations where a business owner fails to maintain safe conditions.
- Brain injury: If you sustained brain damage after being involved in a traffic collision or another personal injury accident, we could help you secure compensation for your injuries. Brain injuries can be severe and life-changing and can include loss of memory, cognitive impairment, seizures, coma, concussion, and even death.
- Pedestrian accidents: If you were struck by a vehicle while walking on public roads, we could help you bring a case against the driver who was liable for causing your injuries.
- Dog bites: If you suffered a dog bite, we can help you determine if the animal owner was negligent and whether they should be held financially responsible for your injuries. Dog attacks often cause serious physical injuries, including broken bones, puncture wounds, and lacerations.
- Truck accidents: If you were severely injured in a trucking accident, we could help investigate the circumstances surrounding the crash and determine how much money you are entitled to recover. Trucking companies must carry commercial auto insurance policies to cover their drivers.
- Workers’ compensation: If you were injured at work, we could help you obtain benefits from your employer’s worker’s compensation insurance policy. This includes medical expenses, lost wages, and disability payments.
- Wrongful death: If someone dies due to a wrongful act committed by another party, we can help you seek justice for the deceased individual and their family members. A wrongful death claim may involve allegations of medical malpractice, product defects, dangerous products, unsafe working conditions, and many other types of negligence.
- Construction accidents: If you were hurt during construction work, we could help investigate what happened and determine whether the contractor is legally liable for your injuries. Construction sites often have safety regulations that require contractors to provide workers with proper equipment and training.
- Product liability: If a defective product harmed you, we could help you hold manufacturers accountable for their actions. Product liability lawsuits allege that a company failed to warn consumers about potential risks associated with its products.
- Catastrophic injuries: If you suffer catastrophic injuries such as paralysis, amputation, burns, disfigurement, or permanent mental disabilities, we can help you get financial assistance through no-fault automobile insurance programs like Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security Disability Insurance. for a free consultation. We will review your situation thoroughly and explain your legal options so that you can make an informed decision regarding your future.
- Workplace accidents: If you were injured on the job, we could help you seek compensation for your losses. Workplace accidents can occur when employers fail to provide a safe workplace or when employees injure themselves on the job.
- Boating accidents: If you were involved in a boating accident, we could help you file a claim for physical and property damages. Boaters must carry personal injury protection (PIP) coverage under state law to protect them from paying large sums of money out-of-pocket after suffering injuries caused by others.
We get paid out of the settlement amount we get for you. Additionally, we work on a contingency fee basis, meaning there are no upfront attorney fees or starting costs to contract our services. Call our legal offices today to begin a free, no-obligation case review.
All Practice Areas we serve in Dallas
- Dangerous Drug
- Defective Product
- Medical Malpractice
- Oilfield Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Paralysis Injury
- Brain Injury
- Car Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Dog Bite
- Construction Accidents
- Product Liability
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Wrongful Death
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Dallas, call 877-239-4878
No Matter How You Were Injured, Our Dallas Injury Lawyers Can Help
Countless scenarios could lead to your injury. To recover compensation for your losses, your Dallas personal injury lawyer must establish that another party’s negligent actions resulted in your damages.
According to the American Bar Association, this involves proving that the negligent party acted how a reasonable person would not act in the same situation. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we want you to know that no matter how you are injured, we can help you.
Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Your Attorney Will Identify Your Legal Options and Lead You Through The Process
Different accident types could necessitate unique legal considerations. Some situations may be quickly resolved through an out-of-court settlement. Others may involve a lengthy lawsuit. How long your case takes will depend on the parties involved, the amount of money at stake, and the severity of your injuries.
At the onset of your working relationship, your legal team can listen to the facts of your situation and determine what course of action suits your case.
Contact our Dallas Personal Injury Attorneys today
Working With a Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer Can Offer Many Benefits
Anybody who suffers a severe injury and decides to take legal action has the right to represent themselves. This is called pro se representation. While it is within your rights to serve as your legal advocate, you may instead choose to work with a personal injury lawyer serving Dallas.
Some reasons why you may partner with a lawyer include:
- You are unfamiliar with the legal process of recovering compensation.
- You do not believe that representing yourself would be effective.
- You think that legal experience and knowledge are valuable when arguing for compensation.
- You do not want to expend time, effort, or potential stress representing yourself.
Your lawyer may have access to resources that previously may not have been available to you. For example, if you were injured in a car accident, your lawyer can secure traffic surveillance footage that documents the collision. Additionally, your legal team can keep you updated on various deadlines that could impact your case’s success.
For instance, under Texas Civil Practices & Remedies Code §16.003(a), you generally have two years from the date of your accident to take your case to court. Of course, the details of your situation may influence this timeline and give you additional time to act.
A lawyer can review the details of your case and determine what state-mandated deadlines surround your situation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Responsibilities of a Dallas Personal Injury Attorney
Your lawyer will undertake many responsibilities to promote your case’s success. As we mentioned earlier, the services your legal team will provide will rest on the details of your situation. A slip and fall case will likely require many different services than what would be needed for a mass tort.
From a more specific perspective, your lawyer may:
- Counsel you on what to expect from the legal process
- Answer your questions and concerns as your case progresses
- Negotiate a personal injury settlement on your behalf and keep you abreast of any offers you receive
- Consult with third-party field experts regarding your accident and injuries
- Collect and organize evidence that pertains to your case
- Argue that you were the victim of negligence
- Protect your rights throughout the legal process
You can learn more about what your legal team can do for you when you call Loncar Lyon Jenkins. A team member will be happy to answer any questions or concerns regarding your case’s success.
Recoverable Damages in a Successful Claim
Right now, your financial well-being could be riding on your case. Due to your accident, you may struggle with paying your bills or continuing your life as before you were injured.
Should your case be successful, whether it’s through an insurance settlement or court award, you could receive compensation for:
- The cost of various medical expenses, including medications, follow-up appointments, and emergency transportation services.
- The income you lost due to missed time from work or the inability to continue working in your current field.
- Pain and suffering you endured because of the accident and your injuries.
Your lawyer will fight on your behalf to obtain these types of compensation and any other awards to which you may be entitled.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dallas Personal Injury Cases
How Much Could I Get in a Settlement?
Can I Sue the Person or Business Who Caused My Injury?
Should I Work With a Lawyer for My Case?
Can I File a Claim if My Child Was Injured?
What Happens if I’m Partially at Fault for the Accident?
What Kind of Evidence Will I Need to Prove My Case?
Can I Be Awarded Punitive Damages?
Every case is unique, and your settlement will depend on the particular circumstances of your case. Typically, the amount you could receive varies based on the following factors:
- The liable party: The person or entity responsible for your accident could have varying assets and insurance policy limits available to compensate you. For instance, let’s say a trucking company was liable for your crash. Its corporate insurance policy could cover your losses up to a potentially higher figure.
- The severity of your injuries: Your potential award or settlement often varies in proportion to your injuries’ severity. If you face catastrophic injuries and need years of medical treatment, this could lead to higher compensation than one for a broken leg, for instance. Still, settlements can be substantial for even more moderate injuries.
- The cost of your medical bills (and future expenses): Generally, the more medical care you require, the more you could seek in a settlement or award.
- How the injury affected your life: If the damage had a significant impact on your life – including your career, activities, and relationships – you could seek a level of compensation that reflects your hardships.
Our injury lawyers will investigate these details of your case and tell you what your potential settlement amount could look like.
As mentioned, we may begin your case with an insurance claim or a lawsuit. We will explain what option offers the best and most efficient potential for your financial recovery.
If we start your case as an insurance claim, we may still file a lawsuit. In some situations, the liable party will not come to a fair settlement agreement. In such cases, we can take your case to trial.
No law says you have to hire a lawyer. As mentioned, this is ultimately your choice. However, we recommend considering our attorneys’ help for these additional reasons:
- It can be hard to know what your case is truly worth: Our attorneys have extensive experience determining injury case values. When we look at your case’s details, we can tell you how much a fair offer should be – it could be much higher than the liable party’s first offer.
- You may not know who is liable: Injury cases can be complicated. For instance, let’s say a truck driver hit you. You may want to take the truck driver to court. However, the trucking company that employs that driver could be liable. If you neglect to bring a case against the appropriate party, you could leave thousands of dollars on the table.
- We can handle all the pushback: Our attorneys are familiar with insurance companies tactics to lower your potential settlement. For instance, they may claim that your injuries aren’t severe or that you were partially at fault for the accident. We will be prepared to show that you deserve fair compensation.
There are many more reasons to hire a lawyer. Ultimately, our job is to stand up for your rights and seek the best possible settlement for you.
If your child suffered injuries caused by someone else’s negligence, they have the right to be compensated for the damages. However, because your child is not an adult, it is up to you as their parent or legal guardian to take legal action on their behalf.
With the help of a personal injury lawyer in Dallas, you can ensure your child is awarded compensation for their suffering. It will be essential to consider how their lives will be impacted by their injuries in the future to ensure that their injury settlement adequately reflects their damages in full.
Texas follows a modified comparative negligence system, commonly called proportionate responsibility. If you are less than 50% responsible for causing the accident, you can still be awarded compensation for the damages you suffered. However, you can expect your injury settlement to be reduced in proportion to your percentage of liability.
For example, if you were not wearing your seatbelt and were struck by a drunk driver, the judge may find you 10% responsible for your damages for failure to wear your seatbelt. If the jury awarded you $100,000 for your damages, your injury settlement would be reduced by 10%, leaving you with a compensation award of $90,000.
Getting an experienced personal injury attorney to advocate for your rights will be necessary to ensure fault is accurately evaluated in your case.
In Dallas personal injury claims, the burden of proof is on the plaintiff. Here, your attorney will be responsible for proving liability based on a preponderance of the evidence. A preponderance of the evidence means there must be sufficient evidence to show that the defendant in the case is more than likely responsible for causing your injuries.
With that in mind, various types of evidence could be used to prove liability, depending on the accident or incident that caused your injuries. Some of the more common types of evidence used in Dallas personal injury claims include:
- Accident reconstructionist reports
- Photos of your injuries
- Video of the incident
- Police and accident reports
- Medical records
- Chemical blood alcohol test results
- Pictures of the accident scene
- Witness testimony
- Expert witnesses
- Forensic evidence
- Cell phone records
It is possible that you could be awarded punitive damages. However, these damages are only awarded when the court finds the defendant’s actions grossly negligent or reprehensible. For this reason, punitive damages are rarely granted.
However, if the court wants to relay a message that the Dallas civil courts will not tolerate similar actions, it may impose punitive damages in the hopes of preventing similar events in the future.
Contact A Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer at Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
If you or a loved one suffered a personal injury in Dallas and you want to learn more about how a lawyer may be of assistance to you, we encourage you to reach out to our team today. We can help injured parties or loved ones who’ve lost someone.
Upon calling, you will receive a free case review regarding your eligibility for compensation. To get started, contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins today by calling or contacting us online.