If you were seriously injured due to the negligence of another person, you could be entitled to seek monetary compensation. A personal injury lawsuit has the potential to result in a monetary award for all of your injury-related losses.
If you suffered an injury in Decatur, your financial situation could suddenly be turned upside down. A legal claim could help you cover your medical bills, replace your lost income, and provide other compensation related to your injuries. A Decatur personal injury lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers could assist you every step of the way.
Types of Personal Injury Claims
When an injury results from negligence, this could lead to a claim for monetary compensation from the liable party.
Some of the common forms of personal injury accidents include:
- Motor vehicle accidents. Motorcycle accidents, car crashes, and truck accidents are very common types of personal injury cases. The injuries involved in these accidents can be devastating.
- Slip and fall. Another frequent cause of personal injury cases is slip and fall accidents that result from a property owner’s negligence. These injuries could involve anything from sprained ligaments to brain injuries.
- Medical malpractice. The injuries that occur when doctors or other healthcare workers make mistakes can result in viable legal claims for compensation.
- Product defects. You could also pursue a civil lawsuit for any injury caused by a defective product. Lawsuits against the manufacturers of defective drugs, appliances, or food are commonplace.
- Dog bites. If a negligent dog owner or facility is responsible for a dog bite or attack, they could be liable for your medical expenses.
- Workplace accidents. Sometimes, employers or third parties can be liable for injuries you sustain on the job. An attorney from our law firm can determine your options for compensation.
A personal injury attorney from our firm could assist you with any of these personal injury claims. If we are successful, your compensation could provide for your medical bills and other expenses.
Services Our Decatur Personal Injury Lawyers Offer Accident Victims
After a serious injury, many are hesitant to take legal action because they have so many other things to worry about. At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we hope to provide legal representation that lessens those worries. Here are some of the services we offer personal injury victims in Dekalb County:
- We file your case according to state and local laws
- We track and fulfill deadlines, so your right to compensation is protected under the Statute of Limitations
- We gather evidence to demonstrate the fault of the responsible party
- We use your medical bills and other documentation to estimate a fair settlement
- We negotiate with the insurance company for an appropriate personal injury settlement
- We communicate with the at-fault party and their insurance company on your behalf
- We prepare your case for litigation if a settlement cannot be reached
- We provide frequent case updates and answer any questions you have
Because we understand what injured people go through in the aftermath of a serious accident, we know that financial instability may lead you to believe you can’t afford a lawyer. Thankfully, we operate on a contingency-fee basis. This payment arrangement allows us to represent you for no upfront costs or fees.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Decatur, call 877-239-4878
The Types of Damages That Could Be Available to You
There are different categories of monetary damages available in a personal injury lawsuit. You could seek a recovery for many or all of your accident-related losses.
Some of these categories include:
- Medical bills. If you suffered severe injuries, your medical bills could be substantial. You might also require ongoing medical care for years after your accident occurred. You could be entitled to recover damages for these medical expenses.
- Lost wages. You could also be entitled to recover any income you missed out on due to your injuries. Not only could you recover your lost wages prior to the lawsuit, but you could also recoup future lost earnings, as well.
- Pain and suffering. Another common type of compensation recovered through a personal injury lawsuit is pain and suffering. These damages can compensate you for the physical pain you sustained.
- Property damage. In some cases, you may be eligible to demand compensation for the repair or replacement of your property–most often, this applies after auto accidents.
Decatur Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Recovering Compensation Even if You Are Partially to Blame
Even if you are partially at fault for an accident, you could seek partial compensation for your damages. Georgia operates under a legal theory known as comparative negligence. According to O.C.G.A. §51-12-33, a plaintiff is not inherently barred from pursuing an injury lawsuit if they were partially responsible for causing it. However, they are not able to recover compensation if the court finds their degree of responsibility is 50 percent or greater.
For example, let us say you are injured in a motor vehicle accident due to the negligence of another person. While the other driver was primarily responsible for the accident due to being intoxicated and running a red light, you were also speeding at the time of the crash.
To assess your total compensation, your degree of fault for the accident will be determined along with the amount of losses that you sustained. In this example, if you suffered $100,000 in damages but were found to be 25 percent at fault, you could receive $75,000.
Contact our Decatur Personal Injury Attorneys today
Discuss Your Case During a Free Consultation
Our firm understands that you likely have questions regarding your legal rights following a serious injury. These questions might involve the legal process in general or your claim in particular. To address these questions, our firm offers all injury victims free initial consultations.
Your initial consultation is a valuable resource. You will have the chance to ask questions regarding the compensation you might recover, as well as any challenges that might arise during the course of your case. It is vital that you ask any questions you might have regarding your legal claim during this consultation.
Not only is the initial consultation free, but there is also no obligation to move forward with our firm at the end of our meeting. That said, we are confident your initial consultation will show you that our team is ready to help you maximize your financial recovery.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You May Be Entitled to Seek Compensation Due to Your Injuries
If another person or entity caused your injuries, you have the right to hold them accountable through the insurance company or by filing a lawsuit. By pursuing legal action, you could recover compensation for your injuries.
Keep in mind that you have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit in Georgia. According to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you have two years to do so. We recommend getting started on your case as soon as you can to keep your legal options open.
Taking on a personal injury claim alone is never easy, as you can expect the defendant to rely on their attorneys or insurance provider to assist with their defense. A Decatur personal injury lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help protect your rights and deal directly with the defendant’s legal counsel. To discuss your case with our team, call for a free consultation right away.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form