El Paso residents may suffer serious injuries without a moment’s notice, whether the harm comes from car accidents, slip and fall accidents, or other incidents where someone behaved negligently. Injuries that result from reckless or dangerous behavior deserve compensation, and our El Paso personal injury lawyers aim to provide any legal services you need.
If you or your loved one suffered an injury that you believe may result from a negligent action, call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today. We offer free consultations for accident victims, so it costs nothing to reach out. We’re ready to help you take on the at-fault parties.
Determining Liability for Your Personal Injury Case in El Paso
In a personal injury case, our lawyers must determine who is liable for the accident. A lawyer must tie the other party’s actions to your injuries and tell you who they believe is at fault for your losses. Of course, proving negligence has multiple factors
Somebody may be negligent and may be at fault for your injuries, if:
- They contributed to your injuries.
- They were careless or thoughtless in one or more actions that contributed to your injuries.
- They did not act in a way that a reasonable person would, and their unreasonable action contributed to your injury.
- They owed you a duty of care.
We Handle Multiple Types of Injury Cases
A key consideration related to negligence is that a person does not have to intend to harm you to be at fault. The nature of the incident that led to your injuries will almost certainly play a key role in your lawsuit. Some of the scenarios under which negligence may lead to a serious injury include:
- 2021, according to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT)
- A workplace accident, whether it occurs in an oilfield, construction zone, or other work settings
- A slip and fall or trip and fall accident
- Any injury caused by a dangerous premises
- A pedestrian accident
- A dog bite or other animal-related accident
- Medical error resulting in injury
There may be several other instances in which you or a loved one were injured, and negligence is to blame. If you believe that your injuries stem from negligence, or if you want clarity on the matter, then a personal injury lawyer in El Paso could be able to help you.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
The Role of an El Paso Personal Injury Lawyer
We advocate for victims across Texas, including El Paso. We also take on a variety of personal injury cases since accidents can arise from many different scenarios. Regardless of the type of accident you suffered, we want to help. We understand that one size does not fit all in personal injury cases, so we offer personalized legal services to accident victims. This means we tailor a legal strategy to suit your specific situation when you work with our firm.
If you or your loved one chooses to bring a lawsuit, then a lawyer may be able to assist you in several significant ways. First, you may have the option of how involved in your case you would like to be, and a lawyer can be able to handle virtually every aspect of your legal action should you elect for them to do so.
Your lawyer can:
- Provide you with legal advice and guidance, and represent you in all court appearances, which could include settlement negotiations or a trial.
- Handle all of the legal aspects of your lawsuit. We will seek and obtain documentation and other forms of evidence that may be necessary when arguing your case and determining fair compensation
- Extract vital information from you and others relevant to your lawsuit. This could mean collaborating with experts whose testimony may benefit the goals of your lawsuit.
- Protect your rights and prove that the defendant in your case acted negligently. This behavior thus caused your injuries and the other party owes you compensation as a result.
The ultimate goals of your lawyer are to:
- Obtain justice for you or your loved one through Texas’ civil court system
- Win compensation for you or your loved one through a settlement or judgment
- Ensure that your rights are not violated at any point during their time as your lawyer
You may have additional goals for the outcome of your lawsuit, and you can discuss these with your lawyer. Please also note that we work on a contingency fee basis, which means we don’t get paid until we win your case. You have nothing to lose by calling our firm, so we encourage you to speak to our team today.
Determining Compensation in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Any compensation that you win will generally depend on how your injuries occurred, including the specific type of negligence that caused them. Some of the possible types of compensation that you may be entitled to include:
- Healthcare-related costs that you incurred because of negligence
- The income you lost because of your injuries
- Pain and suffering caused by your injuries or the event that caused your injuries
- Some property damages, usually for damaged vehicles
You could be entitled to additional awards whether you bring a personal injury or wrongful death claim on behalf of a loved one.
Only certain family members have a right to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Usually, the estate representative or a spouse, child, or parent can take legal action. However, our lawyers can help determine your legal options and fight for fair compensation while you take time to grieve with your family.
Proportionate Responsibility and Your Personal Injury Case
Some accident victims may be partially responsible for the incident that caused their injuries. If this happened to you, it’s still possible to get some compensation, but you cannot be more than 50 percent responsible for the injury or accident. The other party may try to say you are more at fault than you actually are, but our lawyers can defend you against these tactics.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Texas Law Limits Your Time to Take Legal Action
Keep in mind that the sooner you begin building your case, the better. If you have to file a lawsuit, Texas limits your time to do so. Under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you generally only have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 71.002(b) gives you the same amount of time to file a wrongful death lawsuit if you lost a loved one.
The legal process takes time, and your case deserves attention. We can submit documents in a timely manner and help you abide by any deadlines that apply. The sooner we can begin, the better we can protect your rights to compensation. Our legal team can start immediately after your first consultation.
Let Us Evaluate Your El Paso Personal Injury Case
A personal injury may not only be determined by the type and severity of the injury itself but also by:
- The circumstances under which the injury occurred
- The specific actions of those who contributed to the injury in some way
- How the injury has impacted you, financially or otherwise
Some of the types of injuries that may be severe and warrant a personal injury claim include:
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken bones
- Harm to internal organs
Symptoms of injuries can vary on a case-by-case basis and some of the symptoms you or your loved one experiences may determine whether you want to pursue legal action. Some possible medical outcomes of a serious injury include:
- Chronic pain
- Long-term or permanent physical impairment
- Secondary effects of physical impairment or pain, such as difficulty exercising, leading to adverse health conditions.
If you believe that your injury ranges beyond the designation of “minor,” you may want to consider your legal options to pursue financial compensation for your losses. Our initial consultation is free, so please call us as soon as you can.
A Doctor Can Assess Your Injuries
Seeing a doctor after an accident can help you assess your injuries. A physician can provide a diagnosis and treatment plan. You will want to start treatment as soon as possible so you can reach your maximum medical recovery.
Following through with your treatment can also support your compensation claim. If you forgo medical care, an insurer may argue that you worsened your injuries. They could then undervalue or deny your claim. Do not let an at-fault party get away with causing your losses.
Medical documentation is key to linking your injuries to your accident, which can help us go after what you deserve. It can also help us calculate your losses, especially if you need ongoing care. You will want your settlement to include future medical expenses.
Contact Our Personal Injury Law Firm for Help Today
Calling Loncar Lyon Jenkins means calling in the Strong Arm to assist with your legal fight. You deserve to rest and recuperate after an accident, not hassle with insurance adjusters or defense attorneys. We can handle the entire legal process on your behalf so you can focus on your health.
To learn more about how an El Paso personal injury lawyer will take care of your legal needs after a serious injury, call our office today or fill out our online contact form.