Injuries are a fact of life for those across the nation, and El Pasoans as well as those who visit El Paso may suffer serious injuries without a moment’s notice. Injuries that result from reckless or dangerous behavior could be reason for you to bring a lawsuit, and an El Paso personal injury lawyer may provide any legal services that you need.
If you or your loved one suffered an injury that you believe may be the result of negligent action, call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 for a free consultation.
A Serious Injury Could Be a Personal Injury
A personal injury may not only be determined by the type and severity of the injury itself, but also by:
- The circumstances under which the injury occurred
- The specific actions of those who contributed to the injury in some way
- How the injury has impacted you, financially or otherwise
Some of the types of injuries that may be severe and warrant you bringing a personal injury claim include:
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken bones
- Harm to internal organs
Symptoms of injuries can vary on a case-by-case basis, and some of the symptoms you or your loved one experiences may determine whether you want to pursue legal action. Some possible medical outcomes of a serious injury include:
- Chronic pain
- Long-term or permanent physical impairment
- Secondary effects of physical impairment or pain, such as difficulty exercising, which could lead to adverse health conditions
If you believe that your injury ranges beyond the designation of “minor,” then you may want to consider your legal options to pursue financial compensation for your losses.
Determining Liability May Be Key for Your Lawsuit
The American Bar Association (ABA) explains that determining fault may be central to whether you bring or win a personal injury lawsuit. A lawyer may be able to explain fault as it pertains to your injuries, and may tell you who they believe is at fault for your losses.
The ABA goes on to explain that somebody may be negligent, and may be at fault for your injuries, if:
- They contributed to your injuries
- They were careless or thoughtless in one or more actions that contributed to your injuries
- They did not act in a way that a reasonable person would, and their unreasonable action contributed to your injury
A key consideration as it relates to negligence is that a person does not have to intend to harm you to be at fault. The nature of the incident that led to your injuries will almost certainly play a key role in your lawsuit. Some of the scenarios under which negligence may lead to a serious injury include:
- A motor vehicle accident, of which there were more than 17,000 in El Paso in 2018, according to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT)
- A workplace accident, whether it occurs in an oilfield, construction zone, or other work setting
- A slip and fall or trip and fall accident
- Any injury caused by a dangerous premises
- A pedestrian accident
- A dog bite or other animal-related accident
- Medical error resulting in injury
There may be several other instances in which you or a loved one were injured and negligence is to blame. If you believe that your injuries stem from negligence, or if you want clarity on the matter, then an El Paso personal injury lawyer could be able to help you.
Call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 for a free case review.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving El Paso, call 800-777-7777
The Role of a Personal Injury Lawyer in Your Lawsuit
If you or your loved one chooses to bring a lawsuit, then a lawyer may be able to assist you in several significant ways. You may have the option of how involved in your lawsuit you would like to be, and a lawyer may be able to handle virtually every aspect of your legal action should you elect for them to do so.
In a general sense, your lawyer may:
- Provide you legal advice and guidance
- Handle all of the legal aspects of your lawsuit
- Extract vital information from you and others relevant to your lawsuit
- Protect your rights
Viewed through a finer lens, your lawyer might:
- Seek and obtain documentation and other forms of evidence that may be necessary when arguing your case and determining fair compensation
- Collaborate with experts whose testimony may benefit the goals of your lawsuit
- Represent you in all court appearances, which could include settlement negotiations or a trial
- Prove that the defendant in your case acted negligently in causing your injuries, and owes you compensation as a result
The ultimate goals of your lawyer may be to:
- Obtain justice for you or your loved one through Texas’ civil court system
- Win compensation for you or your loved one through a settlement or judgment
- Ensure that your rights are not violated at any point during their time as your lawyer
You may have additional goals for the outcome of your lawsuit, and you can discuss these aims with your lawyer.
Determining Compensation from a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Any compensation that you win may generally depend on the details of how your injuries occurred, including the specific type of negligence that caused them. Some of the possible types of compensation that you may be entitled to include compensation for:
- Healthcare-related costs that you incurred because of negligence
- Income you lost because of your injuries
- Pain and suffering caused by your injuries or the event that caused your injuries
You could be entitled to additional awards whether you bring a personal injury or wrongful death claim on behalf of a loved one.
El Paso Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
Calling Loncar Lyon Jenkins means calling in the Strong Arm to assist with your legal fight. To learn more about how an El Paso personal injury lawyer may tend to your legal needs after a serious injury, call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777.