NBC Dallas-Fort Worth reports that Dallas is more dangerous than almost every other city in the country—aside from four—when it comes to the risk of dying in a motor vehicle accident. High volumes of traffic and roads in need of repair are among the reasons for drivers being at a high risk of death on Dallas’ roads, but dangerous driver behaviors are likely a factor as well.
If you or your loved one were injured or killed in a car accident in Dallas, then a Dallas car accident lawyer may handle your case for compensation. Call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 to learn how the Strong Arm may serve in your fight for any awards that you are entitled to.
Dallas’ Roads are Dangerously Congested
There were 31,950 auto accidents in Dallas in 2018, per the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). This means that nearly 88 crashes occur on Dallas’ roads each day on average, a figure which is more understandable when you weigh the various hazards that face anybody driving throughout Dallas.
Some of the reasons why Dallas has a relatively high rate of accidents may include:
- It has one of the largest commuter populations in the world, with more than 146,000 workers commuting to Dallas from the Fort Worth area alone, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Roadways in North Texas, including Interstate-35 East into Dallas, are among the most congested in the entire country, according to CBS Dallas-Fort Worth
- Dallas’ roads received a C grade based on a Pavement Condition Index, which evaluates the state of road infrastructure, according to The Dallas Morning News
These conditions may increase the likelihood of you or somebody you love being in a serious accident, but it is generally the responsibility of drivers to consider the unique dangers of Dallas’ roads and to take special precautions to avoid causing a collision.
Driver Misbehavior Remains a Threat to Your Safety
While poor conditions and high traffic congestion can create unsafe conditions, a motor vehicle driver may generally be to blame for an accident regardless of a high-risk environment. While there may be exceptions, there are many behaviors that may qualify as motorist neglect, such as:
- Driving at a dangerous rate of speed, especially in inclement weather or in high-traffic areas
- Failing to maintain a safe distance from other vehicles
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol—the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that no state had a higher total number of drunk driving-related deaths than Texas between 2003 and 2012
- Driving erratically, which may include swerving in and out of lanes abruptly or changing speeds abruptly without reason
- Failing to obey road safety signals such as yield signs, stop signs, and traffic lights
- Driving without functioning safety equipment, including but not limited to side mirrors, a rearview mirror, brake lights, and headlights
- Being distracted while driving, which includes using a cell phone for any reason
The law in Texas generally protects drivers from bearing the responsibility of drivers who engage in negligent acts and cause harm to those such as you or your loved one. Even if somebody is not criminal in the act that caused your accident, you may have recourse to obtain compensation for your losses through Dallas’ civil courts or another venue.
Call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 for more information about how a Dallas car accident lawyer may be able to assist you in seeking compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Dallas, call 800-777-7777
Types of Dallas Car Accidents
Car accidents can be caused by a number of different factors and different forms of negligence. The most important thing to keep in mind is that if a negligent Dallas driver caused an accident, that driver can be held liable for the injuries you sustained in the crash. Common causes for Dallas auto accidents include but are not limited to:
- Distracted driving: drivers can become distracted in many different ways, but common causes include talking on a cell phone, texting while driving, or using maps or GPS devices
- Aggressive driving: have you been on the road when another car speeds by? Speeding, erratic driving, swift passing, and a general failure to follow the rules of the road can put other drivers in danger
- Drowsy driving: when drivers are tired, they often attempt to continue onward. When a driver is fatigued, he or she can place other people on the road in danger of a serious accident
- Drunk driving: while it is illegal to drive while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, impaired drivers cause car accidents in Dallas more often than we would like to believe
- Teen driving: young drivers do not have as much experience on the road as other drivers, and they may not be as familiar with traffic laws
- Inclement weather: if the weather is bad, it’s best to simply stay off the road
- Defective automobile parts: sometimes a driver isn’t negligent. Instead, the designer or manufacturer of the automobile may be liable for damages caused by a defective part
Dallas Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
How a Lawyer May Assist Your Dallas Car Accident Lawsuit
Insurance is not always sufficient coverage for losses you may sustain in a car accident. When you feel that your losses outweigh any coverage you may receive, you can consult a legal team to see if you may be eligible for a lawsuit.
A lawyer or their team may:
- Answer any questions you have about bringing a lawsuit
- Inform you of losses that may be covered if your lawsuit proves successful
- Initiate your lawsuit if you choose to move forward with legal action
Once you decide that you would like to proceed with a lawsuit, your lawyer may:
- Conduct an investigation into your accident and determine who all contributed to your injuries, as multiple parties may be responsible in some way
- Help you file any necessary paperwork, such as an accident report, that could be necessary or helpful for you to file a lawsuit
- File your lawsuit as soon as they can, as your case may be subject to a statute of limitations
- Request the services of experts to provide testimony or analyses on your behalf
- Handle all of the legal aspects of completing a lawsuit, which may include drafting and filing documents, making appearances in court, and corresponding with attorneys for the defendant or defendants named in your suit
- Representing you, whether it is in settlement negotiations or in a trial setting
- Guarding your rights from any attempted violations
A clear goal of any personal injury lawyer will be to obtain compensation for you or the loved one you are bringing legal action on behalf of. This may include financial coverage for:
- Any medical expenses that originate from your accident
- Any income you have lost because of your injuries
- Any long-term effects of your injury, and any rehabilitation to eliminate or improve such injury symptoms
- Mental anguish and any other pain and suffering you have endured
A car accident can be taxing in many ways, and you can choose to have a lawyer on your side as you seek financial justice.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
The team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins will assess your case for compensation and represent you should you choose us to. Call in the Strong Arm by calling Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777. We will tell you more about how a Dallas car accident lawyer can handle your case while you or your loved one focuses on getting back to full strength.