Loose objects or falling debris from nearby vehicles can strike you or your car, interfere with your ability to see the road, and cause you to swerve into oncoming traffic. If you were injured in an accident caused by loose objects, you have the legal right to seek compensation for your losses from the liable party.
A Plano loose objects accident lawyer at Loncar Lyon Jenkins will do whatever it takes to fight for the compensation you deserve. Representing over 7,000 clients a year, insurance companies know we mean business. We will not back down until justice is served. Call for a free consultation with a member of our team.
Determining Fault and Establishing Liability in Your Case
Proving fault and liability can be challenging even under the most obvious of circumstances. In cases involving loose objects, this process can be even more complicated. Multiple parties are often involved, particularly in cases with commercial vehicles.
An attorney from our firm can review the events leading up to your accident, consult eyewitnesses, and examine photographic evidence to determine who is at fault and begin building your case. At-fault parties typically include:
- Other drivers: In instances where objects are not secured to their vehicle properly or are thrown from their vehicle
- Trucking companies: In instances where cargo loads come loose and cause injury
- Manufacturing companies: In instances where poorly manufactured parts result in flying debris (i.e., tire blowouts resulting from poor design)
Loose Objects in Your Car
Drivers tend to overlook the fact that if they have to slam on the breaks—or they’re struck by another vehicle—items in their own vehicles can be propelled into the air. These loose items can then hit them or their passengers with alarming speed and force, causing severe injuries and adding other elements to a potential car accident case.
Loose Objects Falling from Other Vehicles
When unsecured, an object flying off a moving vehicle on the highway can hit your car with brutal force. Even if the object doesn’t make contact with your vehicle, the corrective measures you must take to avoid being hit—such as swerving or slamming on the brakes—can cause a collision.
In either instance, you can easily find yourself facing months or years of physical and emotional rehabilitation for injuries that could have been prevented. One of our Plano loose objects accident lawyers can protect your legal rights and secure financial recovery on your behalf.
For a free legal consultation with a loose objects accidents lawyer serving Plano, call 800-777-7777
Recoverable Damages and Related Filing Deadlines
The damages accident victims qualify to recover can vary. In general, you can expect our team to consider the following types of compensation when evaluating your case:
- Medical expenses, including doctor and emergency room visits, hospital stays and surgical procedures, medications, and rehabilitation services
- Lost income, including past, present, and future wages lost as a result of the physical and mental injuries you’ve suffered
- Pain and suffering, including mental anguish, depression, anxiety, PTSD, and chronic pain
You typically have two years from the date of your accident or loved one’s passing to take legal action, as explained under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §16.003. The last thing you want is for the statute to expire on your case, as this could limit your financial recovery options.
A Plano loose objects accident lawyer from our team can manage the state’s deadline for you. We can also determine whether any aspects of your situation allow you to toll (i.e., pause) the statute of limitations. Call today for a free case review.
Plano Loose Objects Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
Call in the Strong Arm to Fight for You
The aftermath of a collision is often stressful, and it can be challenging to understand and fight for your rights while dealing with injuries. When the accident occurs because of flying debris, navigating this process can be even harder.
A Loncar Lyon Jenkins attorney can answer your questions, outline your legal rights, and help you formulate a plan to ensure those rights are protected. Based on your needs, our team will:
- Examine police and accident reports, review photos and video footage from the scene, and interview witnesses to gain a comprehensive understanding of the events leading up to the accident
- Review medical records and prognosis reports to determine the total costs of your past, present, and future medical expenses
- Communicate with your employers, prepare documentation of missed work, and calculate your lost income
- Prepare and present your case to the other party’s insurance provider and negotiate for a fair settlement
- Take your case to trial and litigate on your behalf if fair compensation cannot be agreed upon during negotiations
If another driver’s irresponsible behavior caused your injury, they deserve to be held accountable. Contact the Loncar Lyon Jenkins team to learn what we can do for you.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
Our Attorneys Are Standing By and Are Ready to Discuss Your Case
We encourage you to call our team today to learn more about your legal options. The first call is free, and all additional services are available on a contingency-fee-basis. This means we don’t collect our fee until you win your case! Call to get started today.