A car accident that leaves you or a loved one with physical injuries might also leave you with medical bills. In addition to medical bills, a car accident might leave you with lost income, damaged property, and many other expenses and financial losses.
A personal injury lawsuit may help you recover from the financial impact of a car accident in Wichita Falls. When you are ready to hold the at-fault driver responsible, a Wichita Falls car accident lawyer may help you understand the steps involved in filing a successful insurance claim.
Contact the client intake team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins when you are ready to collect the financial compensation you are entitled to. Call 800-777-7777 to speak with a team member about the cause of your accident and how to start the compensation process.
Start Preparing Your Compensation Claim Started as Soon as Possible
After a car accident in Wichita Falls, the time you have to take legal action against the at-fault driver is limited by the state of Texas. Even if your injuries require extensive or long-term medical treatments, you must file a claim for financial recovery within the statute of limitations.
According to the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, your time to file a claim is generally limited to two years from the date of the collision. In the allotted time, you must:
- Prove the cause of the accident
- Prove the accident led to your injuries
- Prove the other driver caused the accident
- Prove the type and amount of the resulting financial damage
- File a claim against the at-fault driver and their insurance carrier
In that same timeframe, you might also have to concentrate on your recovery and prognosis, care for a loved one who was injured in the accident, or cope with grief if someone you love was killed in the accident. In cases involving fatalities, you might need to make funeral and burial arrangements for your loved one.
Managing this plethora of tasks can take time and attention, which might prove difficult to do in the immediate aftermath of a devastating car accident. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins at 800-777-7777 to start building your compensation claim today. While you and your family cope with physical and emotional recovery, a Wichita Falls car accident lawyer may help you navigate the financial compensation process.
All Practice Areas we serve in Wichita Falls
- Tailgating Accidents
- Whiplash Injury
- Texting While Driving Accidents
- Passenger Vehicle Accidents
- Failure to Heed Changing Weather or Road Conditions Accidents
- Elderly Driver Accidents
- Wrong Way Accidents
- Running a Stop Signal Accidents
- Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents
- Taxicab Accidents
- Unsafe Lane Change Accidents
- Improper Lane Change Accidents
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Wichita Falls, call 800-777-7777
Obtain Your Medical Records as Soon as They Are Available
As soon as possible, start gathering proof of your injuries and the medical expenses they created. Obtaining copies of your medical records may take time because some injuries may require ongoing treatments that cause medical records and bills to go on for lengthy periods of time.
Common injuries you might sustain in a car accident and their related treatments, as suggested on the Mayo Clinic, include:
- Whiplash: May require immobilization, pain management, and ongoing physical therapy
- Concussion: May require prolonged rest, limited physical and cognitive activity, and pain control
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): May require pain and seizure control medications, surgery, and physical rehabilitation
- Broken limbs: May require bone setting, limb casting, and potential surgical intervention
The costs of medical treatments can add up quickly. If you do not seek compensation for these costs, they might wreak financial havoc on you and your family. The cost of these medical expenses should be covered by the driver who caused the accident. Our team may show you how to get compensation for the injuries you sustained from the car accident.
Wichita Falls Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
How We Fight for the Monetary Compensation You Need
Our team is on your side. We do not back off from a challenge or leave you to fight for compensation on your own. So that your personal injury insurance claim is complete, we may:
- Identify the at-fault driver and his insurer
- Review and scrutinize insurance paperwork
- Locate and interview witnesses to the accident
- Conduct an independent investigation if necessary
- Obtain documents and evidence that support your claim
- Negotiate a fair insurance settlement
These are only a few of the things we can do to help you collect compensation from the at-fault driver. We help you fight for compensation so that the at-fault driver does not walk away from the accident and leave you to deal with the financial aftermath on your own.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
Obtain a Copy of Your Crash Report
A police report of a car accident in Odessa might contain information that helps you and your lawyer build a strong case for financial compensation. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), a crash report (form CR-3) might contain:
- Date, time, and location of the accident
- Name and contact information of the at-fault driver
- Insurance information for the at-fault driver
- Description of accident injuries and fatalities
- Narratives and diagrams of the accident scene
A crash report can also include the investigating officer’s notes, including accident factors and conditions. When you are ready to pursue financial compensation, the information contained in the crash report may be an important part of proving the cause of the accident. Once the cause and fault are determined, your lawyer may start the process of assigning liability and seeking financial compensation from the at-fault driver.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Pursue the Financial Compensation You Need
Were you or a family member involved in a car accident in Wichita Falls? If another driver injured you or a loved one, you may be entitled to have your medical bills, lost income, and other accident-related expenses paid by the driver or their insurance company.
With support from a Wichita Falls car accident lawyer, you may be able to hold the driver who caused the collision financially responsible for your accident-related expenses. Contact the team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today by calling 800-777-7777 after the accident as soon as possible.