Some may recognize Odessa as a West Texas city built on the grit of oil workers, whose work ethic has contributed to the growth of Odessa’s population and infrastructure over the years. Odessa is known by some for breeding strong people such as legendary Navy SEAL Chris Kyle—yet Odessans can become seriously injured just as any other Texan or American can.
If you or a loved one were injured in Odessa and believe that somebody’s careless or reckless actions are to blame, then an Odessa personal injury lawyer may be able to review your case. Call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 for a free consultation.
Understanding What a Personal Injury Claim Is
According to the American Bar Association (ABA), a personal injury may refer to any injury that:
- Happened as the result of somebody’s actions or somebody’s failure to take actions that would have reduced your risk of harm
- Is the result of negligence, which the ABA explains may not be an intentional act but is an act that results in harm to you nonetheless
A personal injury claim may have several other characteristics, which may include:
- The injury causes you significant financial hardship
- The injury interferes with your ability to work and earn the income that you did before your injury
- The injury causes significant harm to your quality of life
Every personal injury lawsuit comes with its own causes, types and levels of negligence, and specific injuries. Your case will be unique as well, should you choose to pursue a personal injury lawsuit. A lawyer may consider several things when evaluating your case, including:
- How much your injury has interfered with your life, including your ability to earn an income
- The extent to which the defendant(s) to be named in your lawsuit contributed to your injuries, and how egregious or blatant their negligence was
- The losses you have endured because of negligence that caused your injuries
- The specific type of accident that caused your injuries
A lawyer may be able to explain how these factors may collectively affect the strength of your lawsuit.
Scenarios That May Lead to a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Personal injury cases may arise from a virtually endless array of circumstances and accident types. There are some personal injury case types that lawyers may see more than others, and they may include:
- Workplace accidents, which in Odessa may involve high-risk occupations in the energy, mining, construction, machinery and fabricated metal manufacturing, and chemicals, per the Dallas Federal Reserve
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents, as trucks are an essential part of Odessa’s energy- and manufacturing-heavy economy
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and trip and fall accidents, which may occur in the workplace or elsewhere
- Accidents that occur because of an unsafe premises
- Dog bites and other animal-related attacks and accidents
- Medical error and malpractice
Whether you or your loved one suffered an injury or died because of one of these types or a different type of accident caused by negligence, an Odessa personal injury lawyer may prove to be useful for you.
Call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 for more information about the services that an attorney may provide you or your loved one.
All Practice Areas we serve in Odessa
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Dog Bite
- DWI Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Catastrophic Injury
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Odessa, call 800-777-7777
You Do Not Have to Bring a Lawsuit On Your Own
Whether you are the one who has suffered an injury or you are considering taking legal action for a loved one who cannot do so themselves, you are not alone. A lawyer may be willing to manage the majority of any lawsuit that you agree to work together to bring.
A lawyer may handle:
- Recording your account of the accident that caused injury, and how that accident has affected your life or the life of your loved one
- Interviewing witnesses to the accident as well as those who can attest to the negative effect the injury has had on you or your loved one
- Collecting evidence and documentation relating to your accident and injuries
- Determining who is most responsible for your injuries
- Crafting and filing the written elements of your lawsuit
- Making court appearances on your behalf
- Corresponding with lawyers for defendants in your case, which may include negotiating a settlement agreement
- Representing you at trial if a trial proves necessary
- Calculating compensation that you will request in the course of your lawsuit
- Defending your rights and seeking justice on your behalf
You may find these and other services of a lawyer particularly helpful if your injuries affect:
- Your energy
- Your mental health
- Your physical capabilities
- Your ability to handle stress
Once your lawyer identifies the party or parties to name as defendants in your lawsuit, they will aim to establish that the defendants acted in a negligent way, and in doing so caused your injuries and losses. If they can do this, then you may collect compensation covering some or all of your losses.
Possible Compensation From a Successful Personal Injury Case
Every detail in your lawsuit may go into determining the compensation you could collect. From a broad perspective, you could collect compensation for:
- Pain and suffering you have experienced because of your injuries or the accident that led to your injuries
- Income that you have not collected because you are unable to work while injured
- Any permanent or long-term disability caused by the defendant’s negligence
- Direct expenses from your accident or injuries, including healthcare costs
- Any other losses that your lawyer can link back to the defendants’ negligence
You may be entitled to further awards, whether you are bringing a personal injury case for yourself or a loved one, or you plan to bring a wrongful death lawsuit for a loved one who has passed away.
Odessa Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
Call the Team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
Loncar Lyon Jenkins is the Strong Arm, and we will take the lead in your Odessa personal injury lawsuit. Call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 to learn more about how an Odessa personal injury lawyer may pursue justice on your behalf.
Do not wait to call, as a statute of limitations may apply to your personal injury lawsuit.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
ODESSA ACCIDENT LAWYER
Loncar Lyon Jenkins personal injury law firm has served Texans for nearly 30 years. We handle car and truck accidents, product liability, premise liability, dog bites, institutional elder abuse, motorcycle accidents, wrongful death, bus accidents, drug recall cases to name a few.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
WE WILL COME TO YOU ANYWHERE IN THE STATE OF TEXAS TO DISCUSS YOUR CASE.
Our Odessa office is conveniently located at 321 N. Lee Ave, Odessa TX 79761.
Our Lawyers are tough, aggressive and experienced. We work hard to get you the most compensation for your recovery, as quickly as possible.
Trust our 30 years of experience successfully bringing insurance companies to favorable terms for our clients. Don’t risk your case with a less experienced personal injury lawyer call Loncar today!