If you suffered health complications because of defective hernia mesh, you could file a hernia mesh lawsuit. If a loved one suffered complications, depending on your relation to them, you could file a lawsuit on their behalf. This could happen if the injured person was a minor or passed away.
Your lawsuit will be classified as a product liability case. In this instance, you need to show that you or a loved one was affected by the hernia mesh in question. The subject of your lawsuit will be the product’s manufacturer.
You do not need to prove that they were negligent, as you would with other personal injury cases. You only need to prove that the hernia mesh you received resulted in unintended health complications.
Undertaking a product liability case by yourself can be a burdensome undertaking. However, with a lawyer from our team on your side, you do not have to worry about anything. We can help you recover compensation for your losses.
You Must Establish that You Suffered Losses Because of Hernia Mesh
The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) says that hernia mesh was initially intended to correct hernias in affected people. While many people are able to live with hernia mesh and never experience any problems, this is not the case for everybody.
Some people experience:
- This happens when one’s hernia mesh sticks to the surrounding tissue, resulting in potential health complications.
- Hernia mesh in the abdominal region can create blockages in the large or small intestine.
- Hernia mesh can create unnatural connections between someone’s internal organs and tissues.
- Fluid-build-up at the site of implementation can cause inflammation, infections, and pain.
- Hernia mesh can cause holes or tears in the surrounding area.
- Some types of hernia mesh can shrink, causing a recurrence of the hernia itself.
If you or a loved one experienced any one of these complications, you could file a hernia mesh lawsuit to seek compensation. Again, you could hire a lawyer from our team to help you.
For a free legal consultation, call 877-239-4878
You Could Recover Compensation if You Incurred Losses Due to Defective Mesh
Defective hernia mesh can cause a variety of complications, some of which can put a financial strain on you and your loved ones.
Through a successful hernia mesh claim or lawsuit, you could recover the following damages:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Healthcare expenses
- Property damage costs
If you are pursuing compensation after losing a loved one, some losses in your case could include funeral expenses, loss of consortium, and your loved one’s medical bills.
A Hernia Mesh Lawyer Can Help You Secure Compensation
Upon filing your product liability claim, you may face backlash from the product’s manufacturer. They may allege that there was nothing wrong with their mesh, but instead, your healthcare provider implanted it wrong.
This very well could have been the case in your situation. While many hernia mesh lawsuits are classified as product liability cases, if your injury was the result of poor medical care, we can determine whether you were the victim of medical malpractice.
Our law firm can help you get paid for your losses by:
- Gathering evidence that you or a loved one was harmed by hernia mesh
- Explaining your legal options so you can make informed decisions
- Consulting with healthcare providers and other related field experts
- Evaluating the cost of your damages, including those you will encounter in the future
- Reviewing the outcomes of cases similar to yours
- Negotiating a settlement
- Filing a lawsuit
You can begin exploring your legal options today at no cost.
Contact our personal injury lawyers today
You May Have a Limited Time to File a Lawsuit
If you want to file a hernia mesh lawsuit to seek the cost of your damages, you must take into account the state’s statute of limitations. This law describes how long you have to file your case.
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 says that you have:
- Two years from the date of your injury to file a lawsuit
- Two years from the date you discovered your injury to file a lawsuit
- Two years from the date of your loved one’s passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit
Failure to act within this time could have adverse effects on your case. By considering legal aid, you could take the first step toward securing payment for your damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call in the Strong Arm to Begin Your Case
Loncar Lyon Jenkins wants to handle your hernia mesh lawsuit. We can gather evidence to prove that you were hurt, file your claim with the liable party, and take your case to court, if needed.
Since our firm was founded in 1988, we have dedicated ourselves to protecting the rights of injured people. Do not worry about going up against a million-dollar company and their insurer; with the Strong Arm on your side, all you have to worry about is putting this challenging time behind you.
Call (877) 239-4878 to begin a free consultation.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form